Several Bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chainbuzz, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Chainbuzz

Some of these are old, some might be new. Either way here we go:

#1. Cortium spawning underground. I know, this has been happening for far longer than I have been playing but that begs the question "Why hasn't it been fixed?"

#2. Lingering Bastion AA sound. If you gun in a Bastion AA Topside turret for long enough the sound of the guns spinning follows you after the bastion when you get in any vehicle. Switch vehicles, continents, doesn't matter you still hear a very loud chaingun sound. The only remedy is to log out and back in and frankly I am sure this one has been reported as well.

#3. Unable to spawn vehicles when you have enough nanites to do so. I know this has been reported and I ran into it myself for the first time today specifically when trying to get a scythe or Vulture.

#4. Unable to build silo right where my ANT deployed. This happened to me today on Esamir where my ant deployed well outside of a red zone but I could not build a silo because I was in a "no deploy zone". I moved further away from the one base that was 557m away (Jord Amp Station), still no dice. But my ant deployed and I had 6000 cortium in the tank so it is clearly broken (related to issue #2 maybe?)

#5. Cortium harvest/deposit breaks. At least once a session I will find that my ANT no longer displays the amount of cortium in a vein (but I can still harvest it) OR when harvesting it tells me I am gaining XP for filling a silo OR its own level of cortium doesn't show until I get out and back into the vehicle. These are not game breaking but they are simple polish things that make the game feel sloppy.

#6. Class function breaking. At least one of my outfit members on Emerald has seen this and today I ran into it too. The keybinding for the class function just stops working. I can switch weapons etc. but when I try my class ability it just doesn't work. Reseting the keybinds to default did not fix it, the only thing that did for me and originally my outfit member was logging off and on. Not sure what class he was but my experience was in a Stalker Infil where I could no longer cloak, even after redeploy and resetting defaults.

So there are at least 6 issues that can be addressed, a few of them have been around for what I am going to call "Far Too Long". Having played the game for 2 months now I can say these types of things make the game feel cheap to a new player and worse when I found out some of them have been in game for YEARS. I'm a member because I found a great Outfit to play with and while I appreciate the work on the new content, there are a lot of problems with the game that I (and I'm assuming most new players) really need addressed to push PS2 as a premier game.

Thank you for your time.
    • Up x 3
  2. DataGhost

#6 I have seen it as well with Stalker Infil and I read someone suggest somewhere that it was related to warping to another continent while cloaked. It has only happened to me once or twice after that and I was a Stalker Infil at those times yes. The problem is I didn't notice it immediately so no clue what exactly lead up to it. If it indeed is related to using the class ability, most of the reports will be from Stalker Infil since that's the only ability that can be used indefinitely and thus has a much higher chance of being active while warping, e.g. when you're in queue for the continent you want to play on but decided to get some playtime in until then. I'll check if I can reproduce this on other classes as well.

Edit: just tested on PTS, couldn't reproduce it on Heavy, Medic or hunter/stalker Infil. So there's probably more to it than just warping. I do seem to recall it being related so for now my guess is that it only triggers if you warp through the front-of-queue "Do you want to warp to X" dialog box and I can't test that now.