Servers being slow on and off for several days now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clipped!, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Clipped!

Anyone else here who plays PS2 on PC been noticing how slow and laggy the servers have been since the DX11 update?

It was almost always smooth as butter, but since the DX11 update it's been ether a tad slow or slow as molasses (you can thank 101 Dalmatians for my knowledge of that word) for multiple hours at a time every day. It's very annoying and almost aggregating to have to re-repair a tank or sundy because it's health rubberbands due to the servers being so slow to respond. And if you think what excess server lag is limited to vehicles think again because it can cause your heals or repairs on infantry and MAXes to revert and revives to not take unless you hold for an extra five to twelve seconds. Excess server lag also causes people and vehicles to not die or explode for several seconds after they've been killed, and also construction system deployables to have a massive increase in both build time and function time (the construction system is the most sensitive thing in game to server lag and is thus a a good measure of how fast or slow the servers are at the moment), and well as cause automated turrets to not register targets for 10 seconds or longer

I personally think it's because of some new bugs or background issues from the update DX11 update, but I've been also and inclined to believe that an moderate to significant increase in average population (aka new/more players) may also be having a serious effect. And then there the PC PS2 servers who I've been told were for the old H1Z1 and thus probably haven't been changed/replaced/upgraded for 10 years or so, which is an incredible length of time for any piece of powerful, advanced, and near constantly used electronics, let alone a server design solely to run anytime from one to three weeks at time before being turned off at constant medium to high intensity usage, should most certainly be replaced sooner rather than later. Especially so if PS2 is the workhorse or Daybreak's income as I've also been told that H1Z1 was funded entirely or nearly so by funds acquired from PS2. Heck, a mentor of mine who is an expert with and built their own computer and gamed quite a lot (he's happily married now and has been out of gaming for about 2 to 3 years) has told me that the longest he's ever had a computer last and/or work well for is 5 years, and that of all things it was a laptop!

Regardless of whether the issues I've mentioned are solely or partially responsible for the server's problem of repeatedly being slow as snails for a good chuck of the day for is not fun or alright is any way shape or form and needs to be fixed, or improved ASAP, because if a game is unplayable or unfun for some relatively simple issue as poor or slow tech of the producer's side, people are going to not play or even leave. It may have been five days since the DX11 update for most, but when a gamer spends almost all of their free time playing a specific game they love but cannot because of a serious issue making it unplayable or nearly so, those five days can easily seem much more like 5 months, and this most certainly happened during the most recent Halloween event where it took two weeks to get the game playable again for a vast majority of players. Please Daybreak, don't wait until the servers actually crash, burn, or melt to replace and/or fix them them. After all, an ounce of cure is pound of prevention.

- A PS2 veteran