Server transfers now, pls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Oct 7, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

I live in England and would prefer a server closer to home. I joined a East Coast server because it better suits when I actually play as I tend to log in at the start of East Coast prime time. The ping however has got so bad over the last few months I would jump at the chance to move.

What exactly is wrong with Miller?
  2. KenDelta

NC is bad on miller , horrible to a level that they can be considered a blasphemy , unless it's weekend then they're full pure MLG and randomly start trying and actually win some stuff.

You might enjoy NC on cobalt but I have no clue about NC Cobalt or Cobalt in general. if you're looking for an EU server.
  3. EViLMinD

Your insistence on knocking me down is heartwarming, but I have to wonder what the motivation is? We don't know each other. Did mommy not buy you that special toy and now you feel a burning need to personally attack the stats of other nerds via a video game website? Give it a rest, guy. You're just making yourself look petty and stupid. I've never claimed to be the best. I do the best I can with lousy hardware and high ping. I don't care to farm easy kills all day, either. I play the objectives because I want my faction to win/hold territory (yet, I don't join teams).

If impressing someone like you is the only real 'gain' for having a good kd and exp/m, then I don't care. So, kiss my butt.
  4. Brahma2

Fun?
  5. EViLMinD

Troll elsewhere.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mythologicus

Don't worry about him, he has someone else use the movement keys for him. :p
  7. TheShrapnelKing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH YOU'LL SEE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    • Up x 4
  8. Ribero

Bad.
  9. KenDelta

How bad ? losing alerts with 10% land on primetime bad ? or bad bad level of badness?

Why are NC globaly bad... :(
  10. LibertyRevolution

Evilmind, you really need to make an alt on Connery NC and just to play there for a day or 2...
  11. z1967

As long as they use banana camo they should be fine. Other than that, yeah good luck man. Avoid aircraft, vehicles, roadkilling, MAXes, and anything you might get attached to. The majority of the NC on Connery have yet to figure out the dorito system, much less be good at shooting red doritos. At least the outfits aren't totally bad, but you will still find your zergfits and tryhard exclusive zergfits.

More importantly, every faction is that way so easy certs all around.
  12. uhlan

I think this is funny and I mean no offence.

I heard you rail against your fellows at one fight in yell chat and it gave myself and most of my fellow TR a crapload of giggles to hear.

Your speech was so... moving, that I decided to grab my NC character and see if I could help out once the base fight was over. Something I normally never do during a gaming session.

I was sure it couldn't possibly be as bad as you claimed, but after fighting along with the group for a bit, I had to agree with your assessment.

That hasn't always been my experience fighting with the NC on Emerald, but that was a particularly bad day.

Now, I have a VS on Connery (which I rarely play since the directives update due to various issues) and I can tell you the factions are the same from server to server. I doubt you will be any happier there.

But, hey, I could be wrong and if you're looking for a better connection, more power to you.

I, too, have not joined an outfit even though I've been playing the game since beta. In my experience, outfits for the most part are exercises in frustration.
  13. vanu123

Except Connery is better.
  14. vanu123

Cause emerald is bad.
  15. Bape

This is sad to see NC in emerald need us to keep order if the good players go all that left is mindless smurfs that drop cert every time they fall. Yes I know NC in emerald is ...... well im sure you all know but im positive miller/connery NC are no better and probably worse then Emerald NC.
  16. Foxirus

And this my blue friend, Is probably why SOE will probably never get on to allow server switches. Evilmind, You might as well just restart.
  17. Hasteras

I don't understand when people try to play objectives, but won't join an outfit...no wonder you hate Emerald NC. Most likely unless you adopt a less masochist approach you're going to run into the same frustrations on any server with any faction that isn't the dominant one. This just isn't a game where a solo player can expect to change the course of most battles, and relying on randoms is an exercise in frustration even on factions that have their **** together. Sometimes I play Emerald VS and half the time it still leaves me wanting to beat my head into a wall because of the rampant stupidity.

Maybe you, Scr1nrusher, TheShrapnelKing, and Bape should all start an outfit together lol. You can call it "Forumsiders"
  18. Taemien

There is a way better solution than server transfers. And SOE has already created it. Its the method of seperating servers in Everquest Next Landmark. When you port to a continent in Landmark, you also choose the server.

Basically how it would work in Planetside 2 is when you select a continent from a warpgate. You also select a server to play on. Outfits are now server independent. And there is 5 copies of Indar, Amerish, Esamir, and Hossin to choose from. They only have to limit players by continent and by population. So if Emerald-Indar is full, you can go to Connery-Indar.

Alerts and Continent locking would have to be adjusted. But it would serve many well as they could pretty much play on any continent they wish. As well as solving the server faction imbalances problem.
  19. EViLMinD

I go over the top on purpose. This is a game, and I love to get into it. To each there own... I suppose.

Sure, I dress down my comrades on a regular basis. I see medics not healing people INSIDE a spawn room... or anyone else swapping to help.... and well... I'll have something to say. I complain and chew out because I know what could be. What should be.

Because, I care.

Caring makes the game better. Importance on your team's success is what drives the heart of a game like this. For a player like me it is. Emotionally, this game is more rewarding when my team is doing all they can (not these days). Win or lose. I love being in tough fights if the people I'm fighting beside are givin' er too.

Lately, the NC just seems to have had its life force sucked out. No love or thinking on the battlefield. It's sad. Things are getting steadily worse.
  20. EViLMinD

As stated above, the hook for me is to find the best way I can to benefit my team. I might mess up several times trying, but often I can accomplish something that absolutely does benefit my team as a whole: kill an enemy vehicle, heal a room full of buddies, rep a tank in a critical situation etc. I don't need strangers to prompt me or pat me on the back. I know what I did or didn't do. When I can do something right, I feel great about me... for me. That is enough. Well... and some certs to **** out another toy.
    • Up x 1