Server Transfer Tokens: NEVER

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Chiss

I lived in Europe for the first year of Planetside 2, and leveled up 3 characters.
    Then i moved to Australia for the next year, and was forced to restart my characters - which was crap.
    Now i am living in USA for the foreseeable future.

The prospect of starting from scratch again is really demoralising, and i'm not even sure i'm going to bother...

To those who say "why does it matter, shouldn't you just be playing for fun?" - go and delete your account every time you log in and start from scratch, try telling me its fun being at a serious disadvantage to everyone else in the game, not having any of the tools/upgrades you earned.

Are transfer tokens EVER going to be implemented....?

If population balance is really an issue, make it so you can ONLY transfer to servers in other parts of the world, and once you leave a region, you cannot change back to it for 3 months.
    • Up x 1
  2. NinjaTurtle

Before the upcoming merge with Mattherson I was wanting to transfer elsewhere myself.

Now I don't ever want to leave
  3. OddChelsea

Our server will be the finest jewel in all the lands!
  4. TheShrapnelKing

If those people act every day the way they did when they won I'm bailing to Connery, I'm not putting up with that ********.
  5. Solidpew

This is probably the biggest problem with allowing transfers: a particular server may stand out as appealing and draw players from other servers to that one. The transfers are great for the one server but bad for the rest. In the MMORPG I used to play, having transfers was okay because the overall population was pretty low (in comparison to most MMO's), but they would limit the amount of people allowed to transfer at first before just letting everyone run off to the one server that seemed to be "better."

I couldn't see this being healthy for the game, especially if the primary reason for transferring would be to let people still focus on only one character. The only actual solution is to bring in more players and well, that's not exactly something SOE can patch in. :)
  6. Chiss

I honestly don't see a problem with this... Why shouldn't players get to choose where they want to play? Why should they be stuck on a crappy underpopulated server?

If i was in control, you would login to your character, then get to pick from ANY of the servers to play on. Outfits/friends/stats/etc would be persistent across all servers. As a result, there'd always be one really full server for each region, which would then spill over into a second, and so on. You'd also need some extra info on the login screen, showing what server your outfit/friends are on.

This conventional MMO server model makes no sense for PS2.
    • Up x 2
  7. HadesR

Well ignoring Tokens all together I would in your situation be tempted to contact CS and see if there is anything they can do ... Just for your own case ..
  8. Chiss

The problem is, i will likely keep moving for work.
    For all i know i'll be back in Europe in another year.
    I'd be happy to purchase Tokens each time i move, however i doubt SOE Support would bless me with a transfer more than once.
  9. GaBeRock

You did see how the watersonites behaved when they thought they won, right? I remember a whole lot of "#buzzcutwasright" being spammed. Sure, that was probably just the actions of a select few, but you have malcontents everywhere, mattherson isn't special in its propensity for trash talking.
  10. TheShrapnelKing

It's not justified either way. Whichever side won, if they only won by one point they have little/no backing for claiming the other team was trash and they're the master race.
    • Up x 1
  11. GaBeRock

And both sides did that, so if you're fine with how waterson is now, you'll be fine with how mattherson and waterson will be when merged.
  12. TheShrapnelKing

The key difference is that Waterson only acts like that in competition. As anyone who plays on both can tell you, Mattherson always acts like that, whereas Waterson stops caring and as such appears to outside observers as "casual".
  13. GaBeRock

The only time I ever see trashtalk is during alerts, and most of the time that's just the standard "ginyu force rules" "malorn buff the carv" yell-chat meta that's more of an in-joke than trash-talk.
  14. Zorro

When I dwell in China I would rather endure horrible ping rather than separate with my comrades.

I shall probably regret these words, though...
  15. Runegrace

I never understood that behavior. If the team you beat is trash, what does it even mean that you won? "I can beat players if they're terrible" doesn't sound very flattering. Talking up your opponent is both good sportsmanship as well as adds gravity to the fact that you won over such a capable adversary.
    • Up x 4
  16. xboxerdude

^Runegrace knows what's up
    • Up x 1
  17. Diodeone

GOOD FOR YOU NOW FOR THE REST OF US WHO DO WANT TO TRANSFER AND WANT SOE TO FOLLOW TRHOUGH WITH ITS PROMISE FOR TRANSFERS STOP TRYING TO CONTROL OUR CHOICES.

I suggest anyone who supports transfers, tweet the hell out of Smedley on Twitter
    Thats how people like ninja turtle got the server merge and how they are keeping Smedley from granting server transfers.
  18. Diodeone

There are MANY who want the transfer token. Speak for yourself not for me or for others.
  19. Diodeone

False according to HIGBY:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...sses-planetside-2s-roadmap-and-server-merges/

Oh and for the reccord if Matherson-Waterson merge is the final merge guess what?

http://themittani.com/news/mittani-interviews-ps2s-matt-higby

Just a matter of time before they are available for purchase
    [IMG]
  20. Chiss