Server Status and population question +screenshot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by badname02, Dec 21, 2012.

1. badname02

Hey guys how y'all doin'? I hope some of you are lucky enough to have holiday right now ;)

Anyways on to my question:

I've seen countless threads on ''the game is dying'' ''look at the server populations!'' etc etc and to be completely honest: this concerns me as I'd love to see SOE push up their game and make Ps2 the game we all (or most of us) want it to be: fluid, render issues and optimization issue-free big battles with defendable bases and a stronger meta-game =p

But here's my question. If I go to SOE's server status site I see more servers than I do in the in-game browser and the in-game browser shows higher population values...

It's dinner time right now in the Netherlands Europe (where I live) so this is usually the small dip before primetime and THIS is my current server status page in-game: looks about right even though a few more ''high'' servers would be nice.

Now my question is: are there any numbers on population (outside of Steam, which can only be used as a popularity indication, example: It showed 25K online before, 14K atm. Why? Ppl like me don't use steam for PS2 at all)? Or any idea why the in-game browser shows higher pop than SOE's status page? And less servers than SOE's page?

If this 's been discussed: I'm sorry for the double post but most topics on this issue are... well... unreadable due to misinformation, raging nerds + fanboy clashes etc.

[IMG]
  2. Juni

Not everybody plays 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it is friday, and in the US it is like 9 AM.