Server Smash and TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Jun 20, 2015.

1. DQCraze

Here we are once again and TR is not chosen. Since I cant remember when TR was ever chosen for server smash, it proves to me without a doubt that we are underpowered when we cant even represent in competitive play. To think that the community is aware of this and lets it persist is shameful.

I don't understand why the community leaders allow this to happen, our weak LMGs and Max units along with our tanks make us unfavorable for competitive gameplay, at least that's what the consensus is. Why hasn't the dev team ever tried to bring us in line with the other factions so can be represented in the community spotlight?
    • Up x 2
  2. HadesR

Bit off topic but not sure why something that's supposed to be competitive allows people to choose .. Faction choice should be random or based of a die roll ..
    • Up x 2
  3. DQCraze

Probably something like running a 10 sec car vs a smart car in a quarter mile race. They get smashed so hard no one wants them to play. IE. they are so handicapped they arent competitive
  4. HadesR

But they are not ..

Do TR need a few tweaks ? Ofc .. But saying they Aren't competitive is spreading it on a bit thick.
    • Up x 1
  5. ColonelChingles

Server Smash #10 was between NC and TR... and TR won.

Same with Server Smash #11. The TR won that won by a huge and early margin.

Server Smash #12 was a three-way fight... and the TR won yet again.

So actually I would say that every time the TR have been allowed to participate, they have won. They have a 100% record of winning so far.

To me, that suggests that TR isn't regularly chosen because it's OP, not UP. No other faction has a 100% win record, so that possibly indicates that the TR need a massive nerf to put them in line with the other factions.

I think taking away the Prowler's second cannon and halving the magazines of all TR vehicle and infantry weapons might be a good place to start! :p Oh, and the Vulcan's gotta go too.
    • Up x 3
  6. Haquim

To be honest I don't even like the two barrels. Maybe I would if they did them more like that one here.
    [IMG]
    You know... centralized.

But thanks to the all-around lethality nerf "phase one"™ , being double barreled is actually a great advantage against infantery.
  7. DQCraze

10 11 12 where played under the same patch set and havent been chosen since the changes were made. Oh and that was a year ago.
  8. AlterEgo

Early weapon models.
    Early camo models.
    Lasher.
    Bullet drop.
    ZOE. (Cries quietly)
    Shotgun slugs.
    Magrider.
    Saron.
    PPA.
    Orion.
    SVA.
    Betelgeuse.
    And TBA, Lancer.

To the TR's Striker. That's the only thing that's been nerfed to a useless pulp, and even then, the TR enjoys superiority in other weaponry fields the VS was simply stripped of. So tell me, Mr. Our Weak LMGs and MAX Units, Along With Our Tanks (which garners FAR more kills than both VS and NC tanks, and is only outclassed in terms of HE)...

Is it balance, or choice?
  9. ColonelChingles

That's not much of an excuse. Since the last match half a year ago (12/13/2014), we've really only had four content-based updates.

The first one (12/18) nerfed the Banshee but buffed the Vulcan, as far as the TR is concerned.
    The second one (4/9) didn't really do anything TR-specific.
    The third one (5/19) buffed the Prowler's Vulcan again.
    The last one (6/17) again didn't do anything TR-specific.

The evidence still soundly shows that the TR are simply overpowered when it comes to competitive matches and deserve to receive a triple-dose of the nerf meds. :D The only loss that the TR suffered was a Banshee nerf, and in return they got two Vulcan buffs.
    • Up x 2
  10. FateJH

The thing that kills me is that SOE keeps changing both the Vulcan and the Vulcan-H at the same time and the improvement that allows one to be competitive without being overpowered wrecks the other one by making it either too good or barely worth pulling. Are they really incapable of just modifying one Vulcan without touching the other one?
    • Up x 2
  11. Tycoh

You do understand the TR is the most outstandingly overpowered faction in this game right? That's why no one will choose it because they're avoiding cheap wins and outrageously OP weapons in competitive events.
  12. Corezer

TR do ok, but mostly because this is NC...

13. FateJH

Funny; last time we had this "why does no one pick TR in Server Smash," I believe I recall the overwhelming sentiment in the opposite direction, that no picks the TR because they bring the least to the table in terms of options that can compete.

Edit: apparently, I was thinking of this thread, and another forumside thread that linked to this Reddit thread. I haven't found the said other thread that I am thinking of yet.
  14. Goretzu

To be honest it should be the same faction against the same faction.
    • Up x 1
  15. Alchemist44

with only 1 inf clas, one tank with the same loadout and one esf with the same loadout. Perfect balance.
  16. Corezer

the TR are fine on live, server smash and other competitive events they are UP, this is due to class balance.

There are 3 classes that get used in competition.

1, heavy: VS have negative mass alloys that allow their heavies to strafe faster than their lights (cause negative weight means the bigger the better!) and NC have the anchor for 3 headshot kills out to 15m, the only thing that can compete, TR are widely recognized even on live as having the weakest LMG selection.

2, Infiltrator: NC have the cyclone, which lets you 3 shot head shot at a faster RPM than any other 167 damage gun in the game, the only thing that competes is armistice which has its own issues preventing it from being competitive, and the Sirius, in the end this is less important than heavy but still enough to make NC viable.

3, Medic: Used in minimal amounts for clutch revive grenades, AR balance is almost a non factor which is a shame cause TR actually have an edge there.

engy infantry combat doesn't really happen on competitive, and Light Assault just doesn't matter, so carbines like the cougar and lynx don't contribute and even if they did everyone has decent carbines so who really cares...
  17. Jubikus

TR feel weak and are in a few areas that count like long range AV max weapon the striker and TR LMGs are well ok nothing special nothing crippiling the the is the one area where we have an advantage is assult rifles. The problem comes in for maxes because when you need long range AV its usually to try and combat an armor column moving to your base and when its difficult to kill any of them you kind of feel like you just wasted resources and dont get me wrong the fractures arnt outright terrible but you kind of have to use lockdown to make them close to as effective as the other factions because you need the velocity to land shots but this in itself makes you very vulnerable as tanks can easily hit a still target but strafing targets will be missed much more often. The problem with the lmg tho only slightly weaker and our Assult rifles being slightly stronger come in well the way planetside is played squads are generally made up of alot more Heavy assults than medics so the stronger and weaker parts don't really balance out.

Now with that stated i wouldnt say this makes TR not competitive even tho were probibly weakest of the 3 factions outside of long range AV which is usually not a thing that matters in competitive play the differences are small enough to not really matter as player skill population and overall strategy make the slight imbalance basically a non factor.

I participated in a server smash as TR MAY 23, 2015 and we won 70% to 30% if i remember correctly and i can tell you that weapons were a non factor as the battles were too much of a cluster fk.

The only time i can see the slight disadvantage meaning anything it would be farmers league which is 6v6 and i do believe TR is the least liked faction but this is just something somone told me and could be completely wrong.
  18. Alchemist44

I dont think any faction in general are over or underpowered. In the end battles are won by the faction thats more coordinated or/and has the bigger numbers. In a 96+ vs 96+ battle it doesnt matter if one rifle has 163 damage till 15 meters, the other 143 till 10 meters, one has 600 rof, the other 700...
    On Miller there are many times when TR has equal pop with NC (VS around 23%), and NC can still take bases from TR back to back (or vice versa), because they have one or more coordinated outfits playing.
  19. Negator

Huh? We beat both Connery and Miller as TR in the last couple months. Relax chickenlittles
  20. Atorum

Because NC MAX doesnt make a difference, Vanguard Shield doesnt make a difference, AirHammer doesnt make a difference, more damage per bullet doesnt make a difference, better default camo, monkey type shotguns dont make a differenc???.
    Thats the reason they have what you call better outfits, because its easier to play with better options, get it????