Server Downtime for Patch January 23, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Pikachu

What about the invisible walls on Amerish?
  2. Pikachu

Only if it's delayed...
    • Up x 1
  3. ddraig

And the server will be down for ** how long ** ???????
  4. Pikachu

Seems like this new SOE poster is more lazy than Luperza. Not posting estimated down time.
  5. Shurrikken

Maybe its not lazyness but flame protection when it takes ages again? =P
    • Up x 1
  6. Arranzu

Nah, probably just making sure this doesn't turn into a repeat of last time so they don't have to give out another double xp weekend.
    • Up x 1
  7. Alizona

Can we please not even go there YET. Thanks!

3 hours seems standard, I have not seen any Sony notice of the length of time for this one yet.
  8. Alizona

hehe if they're smart, yeah... BUT WE LIKE THE DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS!!!! A LOT!!!!

I'm okay with missing a day here and there if that's how it works our for us. :confused:
  9. Arranzu

Yeah but know what SOE doesn't like? Losing money. If double XP weekends become a norm the sales for boosts would basically stop.
  10. Tar

oh yes it will totally protect them
    • Up x 1
  11. why spend my cash?

It
    would
    help
    if
    you
    give
    us
    estimated
    down
    time!!!
  12. NasaRulz

Even SOE doesn't know because each maintenance turns into a complete Cluster F#$*. So, I'm just expecting to log in on Friday, January 24, 2014 @ 6:00 PM because it will take them that long to get the servers working again. :p ROFL!
  13. Alizona

Shhhhhh. Don't make their job any easier. :eek:
  14. trit0Ch

They put a time up, you guys complain that they miss it (despite them saying that problems arose during patching)

So they learned their lesson and not give you any ETA. This way they don't have to read through 20 pages of people complaining about how unprofessional they are for making a 3 hour downtime turn to a 16-24 hour down time.

Fix the pop problem next patch!
  15. FliegerPanzer

Patch is already DOWNLOADING CHECK CLIENTS!
  16. Alizona

So is this patch gonna fix the problem we Engineers have been having in which our Daily Bonus Repair Ribbons don't "pop"?

I say the very first bulleted item is our fix, others are saying that it isn't, that's a different issue altogether.
    • Up x 1
  17. Superbunny

ETA?!?!?!?!?
  18. Alizona

Yes that is true for ANY of the patches!!!

How do I know? I logged in at one hour after the downtime started for the last update, and I downloaded it right at that point in time. As we all know... the update downtime stretched on for many hours... but I never did any further updating when I did get back into the game.

So the patch is ready for us right away... and I have no idea why it then takes a few more hours before the game is available again, but Sony has their reasons I'm sure.
  19. Arranzu

No we aren't. The "bonus certs" thing is where premium players haven't been getting their bonus passive certs they should be getting.
  20. ddraig

I don't care if it takes longer - things go wrong, no big deal. But it would be nice to know if it is 90 minutes (standard) - 3 hours (sometimes) or 6 hours (eek) - I don't care, I'm going to bed. But it would be nice to have an answer for people who ask in-game how long the downtime will be.

I'm assuming slack, not sneakiness.
    • Up x 1