Server Downtime for Patch January 23, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Mastachief

Who the hell is telling them that freyr is the way to go for amp stations? Yay more 3minute facilities you can't defend so why try...... gah.
    • Up x 5
  2. AssaultPig

aw man

RIP Zurvan, 2012-2014
    • Up x 7
  3. DeeX

Because defending is bad and nobody wants it. This is also the reason for the respawnsystem we have. (ex. respawn from Rashnu south outpost to Old Stockpile)
  4. Gary

Whilst that is the problem the cause of the problem is not the player... The cause is the base design with so many walls and only 1 way in or out that makes defending feel like you are in a prison.

The Level design team clearly are just experimenting and have no idea atm what is needed. We have gone from open bases ---> Bases with reduced vehicle access ---> Bases with no vehicle access ---> bases with mazes that funnel infantry ---> Back to bases a bit more open with no vehicle access.
    • Up x 3
  5. Gary

Still no Hossin, Guess its not important being advertised as a 6 month continent with regular continent releases after this.. Now unscheduled on the road map it likely not making an appearance for atleast another 6 months..

6 month continent --- 18 months in. That time scale.
  6. Mormomboy

Do you use an AV turret from that range? We don't get to watch tv and fly it with pinpoint accuracy while in safety. Av turrets show up same render distance as tanks.

You have to sit in the open, reduce your mouse sensitivity to be accurate at all, and at the ranges you are talking about the aiming dot is the size of the tank.

The funny thing is that this complaint is coming from the only faction that has handheld manual guided rockets.
    • Up x 2
  7. Mormomboy

Defending is my favorite part of the game.

Defending is bad, what are you talking about.

Bases built to be easily taken are bad.
    • Up x 9
  8. CommyXD26

Aww! But I love the bug. It gave me 12 free certs each char yesterday for no reason.
    I can't say anything but...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. Stefan1978GER

Please fix also Support Ribbons, Ribbons only working for Facility defence and capturing, Proximity Repair and repair and healing.... not give any ribbon but xp.

No Word about in The hotfix. Please give Info in Hotfix like "Known Issues":blablablub - so we know you are working on it.
    • Up x 3
  10. Sendan

hornet buff-> nice idea but please make them faster than the aircraft and double the range they go poof... i dont like to be forced to hover becasue of it otherwise they are/where fine
    • Up x 1
  11. Lakora

I will pretend the Zurvan is because you want more people testing it and giving you feedback... Feedback which mind you has mostly been negative so far on Freyr Amp.

Now what I am curious about is Dahaka, a hybrid with elements from both Freyr n normal... This could either spell disaster or a blessing... 3 point base with open ground? Sure. 1 Point base with walls? Mmh... Could work I guess still te walls man... The walls! 3 point base with external spawns with open ground? I'd still say skip the external spawns, it's up too the players to notice if a sundy is missing or not n then go get it. Now what I will say is that I did like how just cause an AMP station was capped didn't mean it was lost since you'd just cap a point get a spawn and the fight was back on.

Buut preferably imo 4 (1 in the vehicle bay) point base with open ground maybe some walls around the top point. But NO External Spawn points!
    • Up x 1
  12. DocteurVK

Nice patch, overall, but...

Freyr Amp station model has received a ton of negative feedback, still, you implemented it.

On live, It also received a lot of negative feedbacks, and potential solutions to improve this, still you chose to add another iteration (maybe because Freyr is not very accessible by all the 3 factions.

I'm curious about Dahaka, but I think I'll be disappointed...

We don't need Walls, or at least, not random walls.

We need more logical stuff, meaningfull objects or buildings. why not creating more effective buildings with more stories to fill empty spaces ?

Also, Why making all major facilities less defensible ?

We need more ways to attack, but we don't need the facilities to be Hard-Nerfed. Hell, you want to make LAs usefull, so Design areas only accessible to them, without restricting the playground !

Don't limit the players options, it will not resolve the Meta some bases fights are based on.

Instead, if you enrich the opportunities, players will exploit them, and maybe create their own strategies you wouldn't have imagined by yourself.

Honestly, I hope this change to AMPs will be reverted...
    • Up x 4
  13. Acceleratio

Nice today is my wedding though :D
  14. Raap

Wait, the Freyr Amp Station design was intentional? I thought it was a level designer's accidental prop dump location, left over from the Esamir changes... Are you telling me that poorly placed collection of objects was designed to play that horribly? Ouch.

Amp Stations are fine, they have always been enjoyable enough to fight in. The only thing I'd change about them is to move the generators and a few buildings around a little so that each Amp Station isn't a 100% copy.
    • Up x 4
  15. RyanGUK

I'm holding out to see what the actual Zurvan design is, because if it is actually like the one on the PTS, I kind of liked it.

I'm even more intrigued about Dahaka, but at the same time nobody has complained about that despite having Freyr elements to it? :p
  16. commanderkull2

No matter how much you increase the damage of the hornets they will still be horrible with their current velocity and 450m range. And a nerf to their AOE? Really? They don't need this.
    • Up x 1
  17. GoodFight

In addition to the points the other poster already made, AV turrets have been nerfed already. Pay attention.
    • Up x 1
  18. HadesR

Some random dude on Twitter I guess .. Since that's all Higby reads he's like " Wow they all love the new Amp design "
    • Up x 5
  19. Torok

Dahaka shouldn't go Live like that.

"Hopefully" we will push for 5 minutes long timer on 3/3 on the upcoming FNO.
    • Up x 2
  20. Iridar51

Why Jump + ADS thing isn't getting reversed in this update? Nobody wanted this stupid nerf.
    • Up x 4