Server Downtime for Patch February 13, 2014 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Torok

lol at all the xp I lost from platinum weapons :p

Anyway, I don't understand why there's no mention of the Straight-Pull bolt nor of the NS Sniper rifle and refund for those who unlocked the Bugged Crossbow
    • Up x 1
  2. NccWarp9

Tomcat Missiles - You can now switch weapons once the missile is in flight and still maintain lock ????? Please do explain
  3. Being@RT

I don't want to be too negative, but.. "a case", not "all cases"

:eek:
  4. BeyondNInja

"Fixed a case where vehicle debris would do too much damage to other vehicles"

Can this really mean what I think it means? If its actually going to stop Tank's being instagibbed by debris, best part of the whole patch.
    Now to actually give Vanguard inertia so they can't be sent flying several metres by harassers...
  5. Wayfar

They pushed back the faction rifles at least a week. So perhaps the NS and the pull bolt as well.
  6. drNovikov

> New Armor Choices: Gold and Lumifiber

Please, I beg you, when lumifibers are released, may I have those lightbulbs and lumifibers remived from my default infiltrator armor?
    • Up x 1
  7. drNovikov

Also, may we have tracers removed from silenced weapons?
  8. Korfax124

Man I hope that they will consider the audio range of the cloaks, mostly because of what I've heard (200+ metres at worst). I would say that 25-45 metres would be more appropriate... We are Infiltrators after all :p
  9. Khay3

Yeah, and while we're at it let's make infiltrators 100% undetectable and not have to drop cloak to kill people.
  10. Khay3

A cowardly update for the cowardly class.

Probably just play some TF2 for a week until the bandwagon of infiltrators dies down a bit.

I'm assuming that you can still detect cloaked infiltrators, as in still see a slight blur even if they're standing still, because it would make them very broken for ghost capping. Sit in a corner cloaked and not moving with the ability to freely move around to get the drop on people in the right direction, because I can't pay attention to every door or every wall to see the blur. Why punish my awareness? Even that isn't that bad, since the decloak is the biggest tell of an infiltrator, and he'll probably get one person, but if I turn around and see a skull and no blur, I'll fire left to right, hit them and chase them. If I see a blur and then it goes away to the right? I'll scatter fire to the right, just force them to sprint. I guess the point is, it doesn't really make them OP, it just lets them move around a bit better, since once you uncloak 90% of the time you're going to be dropped, less you're ghost capping with no one around but one person. I also like that it takes the primary away, because it prevents me going halfway across the map to kill a sniper only to not be able to find them.
  11. Thagyr

So, do I get the 1859 points I lost back? Or do I just get 500 back to get to be one point from tier 2 since that is the next tier I am closest to after the 'reset'. I'm confused.
  12. Korfax124

If you're being sarcastic then I'll tell you that 200 metres is approximately the length of a Tech Plant (superstructure itself) and possibly even more... If you cut that range down to what I proposed, it's about the same distance between the A point and the Spawn Room at the Crown. Besides, then you'll know that there REALLY is an Infiltrator nearby when you hear the sound of a cloak :p

I'm not even going to ask for Infils to be able to melee while cloaked :p
  13. Skasi

Like many others I'm a little bit concerned about the infil buffs. I'm not calling them OP just yet though, considering we got a counter to make up for that. If flashlights get their job done and aren't too big of a disadvantage, then things might be just fine.

14. patricio_z

This will be a bad time to run on low settings...
    • Up x 4
  15. Skeith

so basically now standing stationary will provide full invisibility i hope

right?
  16. SniperElite999

New TR rifle that i saw on test server (trap) is awfull! please do not add such usless thing
  17. TheChippewa

Great patch, but does this mean the tomcats are fire and forget again because if you have to persist with them near the reticle while switching weapons it doesn't do any good because often times you have to lead your target so much that it'd break the lock anyways. I just don't see this as a viable fix for the Tomcats.
  18. Verenz

AMAZING changes.

Rarely do I approve of everything in one patch (actually recon bolts feel a bit mean to the infiltrator even though few will use them), but in particular:

1. Decoy flares work on coyotes!!!! - I love this not because of coyotes but because I want less people running extinguisher, this should hopefully provide some incentive to choose. I liked taking mixed loadouts (shotgun + a2am, shotgun coyotes, mustang rockets etc) and the buff to fire ext made it so all the top pilots had 24% more health than me and put me in a position of having to opt out of either ever being able to beat them or attacking ground at all.

2. DEBRIS!!!

3. Small intelligent buffs to underpowered weapons.

Great job.
  19. patricio_z

Agree...reducing the range of the sound would probable be a nerf to infils, right now the sound works much like a decoy, the infil could be standing next to you or 100mts away, you just dont know....if the range got reduced to 20-30mts I would personally make an extra effort to track that infil down because I KNOW he is a imminent threat to me.
    • Up x 1
  20. TommyXXL

TF2 a clown game for... if you think that the infiltrators in this game are the better class you can play tf2, for ever!

i agree.

no, it's the same as the others, blurry...