Server Downtime for Patch February 13, 2014 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Alarox

While I do like the update overall I have to ask: does this apply to low settings as well?

It is difficult enough seeing Infiltrators on low as it is. At this point I already track Infiltrators by the sound of their cloak and footsteps rather than visual indication, even when they ought to be within my line of sight and when I'm actively looking for them. Occasionally I do see their outline, but rarely for more than that moment.

I really, really hope this doesn't apply to low settings.
    • Up x 1
  2. Nailhimself

Are the lost membership certs restored after the downtime?
  3. ncDieseL

Was this previously announced? Didn't see it on the roadmap. That's a massive buff for infils... SMG infiltrators are going to be more deadly than ever!
  4. Prudentia

Debris nerf?
    Does that mean i can now fly my Galaxy without the fear of getting instagibbed by an ESF?
    Disco Lasher time! :eek:
  5. Hibiki54

Looks like ESSR next week.
  6. BrianJ2

no crash fixes?
    That was my biggest issue D:
  7. ForumSidePro720

[IMG]
  8. Boyd

Infiltrator good, looks good .... perhaps a range finder for this class? (other than using a way-point) - maybe "rifle-side" as an attachment(fore grips don't really belong on sniper rifles)? Also would be nice to have multi-role ammo similar to the direction you have gone with the crossbow (y) perhaps recon and explosive could be "sticky" and also "triggered" a flyable drone could also be ammo using the weapon purely for launch, long range fin stabilized rounds, flash-bang etc the scope is endless but would fit perfectly with the infiltrator.... just think these things would be better implemented as types of ammo not separate devices :p
  9. Paulus

And cue Infi-side. As if the SMG infil wasn't already as deadly in assaulting as our HA. Was hoping we'd see something that turns people on to TR again but I guess that was a bridge too far.
  10. EFREM

• Can now obtain Auraxium Medal on the M9 SKEP Launcher. NOTE: Kills earned before this fix do not count towards progress
    I have 1205 kills on this weapon now! I should fill again 1160 kills for receiving Auraxium Medal? If this is so, I have to exasperate support! ! !
    • Up x 2
  11. HadesR

I would guess it does if it's a blanket change .. Maybe their line of thinking is that players can now use a Darklight .. I dunno TBH

Guessing Straight pull attachment's next week with the ESSR ..

Now 6k certs saved .. Minus 1k for ESSR next week .. What to buy What to buy ? :confused:
  12. Netsurfer733

3 BILLION THUMBS UP.

CONTENT.

INFILTRATOR CONTENT, NO LESS!

NO I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ALL CAPS FOR THISOMFGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And it all looks REALLY frieking great with more on the way, to boot! CHEEZITS!)
  13. NinjaTurtle

It's one small buff after months of nerfs to make infiltrators easier to see and detect
    • Up x 1
  14. Blinklys

DEAL WITH IT!

Sorry, couldnt resist :p
    • Up x 1
  15. TommyXXL

thanks for fixing the tank mines.

also, DO NOT GIVE recon darts to other classes, you have been warned!

the stalker cloak is OP as hell, i will use it while it lasts :oops:
  16. DocteurVK

I have only one thing to say : GG SOE !:cool::cool:

Finally, Infiltrator cloak will be viable without being OP.

Next step, Give a look to Decoy nades, rework the ES snipers and the class will be fine.

The bonus would be to get additional incentives in bases, but I bet this will come faster than I think...
  17. Kunavi

Here's a list of my issues with some of the changes going through ;

Motion Spotter : Can it stick to vehicles? Walls?

Faster sprint plus better cloaking equals Hell in larger fights where rendering players is already problematic and reacting is based on RNG.

Armour Choices : Are they only for Infiltrators and if so, why?

Is the MKV Infiltrator-Only? Why?

Is the XBow Infiltrator-Only? If so, then WHY!?

Recon Bolt : Tramples Recon Darts due to higher ammunition capacity and magazine capacity?

EMP Grenades destroy explosives and equipment? How about they also freeze vehicles for a little bit, giving the prior function to Bait Grenades like in BF2142 for Engineers? As they are even after the Patch I won't use them ever. I can fire at those explosives, use my Boom Darts from XBow, a normal Grenade which I can utilize more than EMP in its place and so on. You need to think in different ways with the EMP, SOE.

Tank Mines smaller : Then please reduce the height, colour and general visibility of TR AI Mines by the same logic, even further.

Antares/Kestrel/Locust : Aren't they now significantly better in practice than the other Nose Guns?!

Racer Frame for TR should offer a lot more Speed.

UBGL +Dmg? So because MAX have more HP, the rest of us have to deal with this again? It's a small amount of additional damage for sure(If Flak, if not it still hurts as it is) but it adds up and what I don't like is the logic behind this change!

If explosives now detonate other explosives, aren't we back at Tile 1 when it comes to Sunderers? Where a single person can completely neutralize a well planned approach?

Auraxium on SKEP : Wow. I didn't have many Kills but I don't think that's the way to treat those that did. It was your problem, not theirs. They got their Kills, they should now be granted the Medal.

Thanks for the hard work on making PS2 a better place either way.
    • Up x 2
  18. HadesR

Can imagine so with Adrenalin Pump ... CasperOnSpeedside :p
    • Up x 1
  19. Uberubie

Well, the thing here is that according to the notes, an infiltrator who sprints is just as visible as before. It's the slower movement states that got buffed. Also, Adrenaline Pump is... not exactly much of a strong cert line. It's only about a 10% speed increase, it's barely noticeable.
    • Up x 1
  20. NinjaTurtle

Next to no one will use it as the other options are so much more powerful. 10% or so just isn't justifiable enough to give up Advanced Shield Capacitor imo

I don't think it it, with all the nerfs to Infiltrators and more ways to detect them this update cloaking is far from OP in this game.

Losing your primary is also a really huge handicap