Server Downtime for Patch February 13, 2014 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 12, 2014.

1. f0d

BEST CHANGE EVER
    maybe they might actually be useful as vehicle mines now instead of huge monster sized pizzas that only had a use when delivered to a partybus
    • Up x 3
  2. FourTwoFour

Nice patch, but I don't see anything about the pounders leaving black clouds that cause insane FPS drops, the game freezing every 10 mins or so for a sec or the game crashing when you spawn a vehicle sometimes (or open the map) also when you reach 3GB ram or so (32 bit is bad).

Those are very important. Are you going to acknowledge them anytime soon? Hundreds of people posted about that already.
    • Up x 1
  3. Amouris

Holly crap. Give us a heads up you are working on X, Y and Z next time SOE. Would have cut down on the tears from us infils a bit. A concern/question, in the description for Stalker Cloak you made no mention of it regenerating while stationary. Is that still a feature or was it cut?
  4. TheRunDown

Did you fix the Invincible Spawn beacons deployed at the base of a destroyed Turret?
    (Meaning the Hitbox of the turret would protect the spawn beacon when deployed at the closes possible point at the turrets fixed floor point)

Did you also fix the Engineer repair *Over heat* HUD bar from staying when entering a vehicle while having the Repair Tool equipped?
    (i.e the over heating bar would stack over the ammo count, if you repaired your vehicle then entered the vehicle with the repair tool in hand at the time)
  5. Akashar

I agree that smgs for infils were not needed, I despise deeply the infils that use them. But this class is hard to play if you are a starting player otherwise, i hope this update will decrease the number of cqc infils. The better smg you're talking about doesn't seem to be just that IMO...
  6. Dr.Destro229

we tested it out on the PTS for weeks
  7. Uberubie

They never mentioned the cloak changes on the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  8. MurderBunneh

Love it. Thanks Maggie.
    • Up x 1
  9. ikillyou1990

I was with you on hating smg infs, but then I decided to give it a try. It isn't as easy as it looks to be a good smg inf.
    • Up x 3
  10. Tentakewls

* Visual tracers will no longer go through collision

Finally, my paranoia level should go down by a lot now.
    I'm also glad to see buffs on the semi auto scouts, but to be honest, the tank mines nerf reverts are the thing I like the most in this patch.

Well, nobody liked the new NS ones, noone, so I guess they are delaying them til next week.
  11. Akashar

I don't even want to try it, for it would show on my character stats! :p
    But I agree, there is nothing that is so easy. Anyway, it was mostly due to my low settings (infils were totally invisible to me) No that I changed my rig, I'm learning better! ;)
  12. Zerky

Great patch, but what about the blast damage in VR ? It makes it really hard to test grenades and other explosives.
    • Up x 2
  13. Amouris

There was no mention of cloak improvements. Neither the bug fixes nor the general improvements. EMP improvements were also left unsaid leading to many posts here and on reddit lamenting our class specific grenades. The semi auto scout buff was also unmentioned. What else you got?
  14. Chad444

I don't have the 'it's happening!' Gif, but I think this is an appropriate time
    • Up x 1
  15. Ketadine

I'm not a frequent flyer, but this looks like a direct upgrade from the default nose gun. Also, does the speed buff on rank 3 mean that all ESFs have the same speed at Racer Rank 3 ? It will totally negate the TR ES of "speed", even if that was a small one.
  16. Acceleratio

Well dont be sad, you wouldn't be able to equip both at the same time anyway
  17. [HH]Mered4

And yet another instance of the devs acceding to our demands (PUT IN A TEST SERVER) and assigning as little as physically possible to keep an eye on it.

tbh, they should be making massive announcements about this stuff lol. Not just quiet patch notes in a forgotten section of the forum
  18. AlephZed

Why is the mosquito getting buffed the most? It's already too fast and gets a free ride to escape most of the time.

Also the hawk gd-68 is missing the auraxiam medal too. I seriously hope you award medals based on if a player has enough kills and not make them get another 1k kills with a rocket launcher again.
    • Up x 1
  19. VinLAURiA

Alright, I was hoping for this! Going all Luigi's Mansion 2 up in here!
    • Up x 1
  20. Tathar

sad that the infils still cant Jack

I miss stealing a vanguard from an NC then blasting the driver to kingdom come with his own 150