Server Downtime for Hotfix November 22, 2013 6AM PDT (3PM CEST)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 21, 2013.

1. RadarX

Downtime Start: 6 AM PST
    Downtime ETA: 90 minutes

All PlanetSide 2 servers will come down at 6:00 AM PT for a brief update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:

• A Client crash fix has been made.
    • The display distance for ESFs which was causing them to disappear a little earlier than normal has been resolved.
    • Up x 4
  2. Partiesplayin

I hope you fix the stuttering
    • Up x 5
  3. CNR4806

If you keep hotfixing in the middle of a double-XP event, how about an extra day of double-XP as compensation?
    • Up x 46
  4. Dibola

I second that.
    • Up x 15
  5. HAYMAKER

Do you play EU?
    I play EU, and it gets frustrating when I open up my launcher and see another hot-fix message. But it's understandable, because that's SOE's obvious starting work time and for US players 90% of them don't even see that off time as they are only waking up or off to work. We who play EU get the interruption in the middle afternoon. But it has to be done to keep the players happy.
    • Up x 9
  6. f0d

hopefully i will be able to actually log into the game after this patch
    i just get stuck on 96% loading now after last patch
  7. joe smo

Cool, now is their any ETA on when the scopes on the T5 AMC, Armistice and Hailstorm (any others I missed?) are going to be fixed?

the scope flinching 6in to the left of the screen every time you pull the trigger is -really- annoying, especially if your burst firing them.
    • Up x 1
  8. CommyXD26

No, no, not another hotfix right in the double-XP week. We need more days to make it up, so plz give us at least 2 more days, plz, plz.
    • Up x 3
  9. HAYMAKER

And another crash. This will hopefully and after the fix..
  10. Santondouah

What about doing HotFixes on EU server sooner than in late afternoon ? Hotfixs do not need to be synchronized on every server worldwide...
    • Up x 2
  11. SashsaACIII

All PlanetSide 2 servers will come down at 6:00 (18:00 Часов Вечера MSK) AM PT for a brief update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 90 minutes. Players may note the following changes:
    • A Client crash fix has been made.
    • The display distance for ESFs which was causing them to disappear a little earlier than normal has been resolved.
    • ON Servera 20:00 20:30 Часов Вечера MSK
  12. Xebov

I totaly agree here.

We have the first double XP in months an ppl want to play, some even bought boosters to get some more out of it and theres a good bunch of ppl allready realy angry about the hotfix yesterday.

Only to say what happend at Woodman to everyone that doesnt know. Servers got down at 3pm for the hotfix, got back on 5pm. At 5:30pm most players where back online (after the usual endless waits on login) and the server started to delay about 1-2s. At around 6pm an Biolab alert started and the Servers started to delay at 3-5 seconds. At around 7:30pm we had mass desconnects for Esamir and Indar wich also disabled the double XP for the next 15mins on that continents. The delays got down to 1-2s after that and around 8-9pm they where back at normal.

I know that Patches bring in Bugs. But PU1 is by far the most buggy Update that ever hitted the servers. We have alot of render bugs, delays, crashes, hit detection bugs etc. Most of them where patched months ago and are now back again. And to add that Severs never befor been causing so much trouble then after PU1.
    • Up x 4
  13. MrQuadro

Maybe tomorrow you can fix lag on EU server?
    • Up x 2
  14. Camycamera

eh? eh? *nudge **nudge* *wink* *wink*
    • Up x 1
  15. JokeForgrim

You might want to look into this fix.

I haven't crashed for months, It only happened during GU02-04 and GU08-10. The way I fixed the crashes was by uninstalling the game then reinstalling it (Sure its 50+GB, but its worth it) Seems like a clean install works a lot smoother than a patched install with perfect validation on the game files (Also only deleting Useroptions.ini didn't help it).

Anyway, Everything has been fine then this hotfix caused me to start crashing heaps and have a really hard time logging in. Also the texture on building walls doesn't appear sometimes. I have a Video of me Jumping through a see through wall, then the wall texture appears on the inside. Go back outside and the building is see through and I can jump through the wall again (works for all 4 walls) although bullets dont go through the walls, makes it really hard to tell if you are shooting at someone inside or outside the walls.

I doubt this was intended, but its really messing up my 2x XP time.
  16. Darkraver

Why Dont i read anny thing over fixing The LAG on the servers , :mad:
  17. Dibola

It's probably just me, but does anyone else suspect there's another client crash exploit around that's sorta like the old hex crash exploit [not exactly like it] of sorts? I was talking with a few of my clan mems and we were pretty much thinking a 'maybe'.
  18. ShiroSan

Hmmmm... I've been having issues while flying that the people weren't rendering until I got upclose in bigger battles before I even know it's a big battle... It's gonna suck if I render better to them if they all see me while they haven't rendered for me yet I hate those "OH @#$%" I just flew close to a massacre I'm probably dead now moments.
  19. equinub

Flying scythe at ceiling height no damage. Game crashes. Sighing, I walk away from frozen screen/repeating sound. Come back 10 minutes, the client has shutdown and given an AA burster the kill credit? For real? Wtf soe fix your game.

BRIGGS Login servers are stuffed 11pm onwards. I was planning on using every last hour and minute on my 100% booster..pulling nighter.

So disappointing.
    • Up x 1
  20. totalBimbo

does anyone else have the mossie bug where they are invisible up to about 50m and your dead from being rocketed or gunned down by them? also the spawn beacon timer bug is back :( playing as squad leader and i put the beacon down then get a timer that keeps timing down from 1min not letting me spawn on it.
    • Up x 2