Server Downtime for Hotfix February 14, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ACDC

It said on my membership tab in game my benefits are 500 SC monthly and 140% passive cert point gain. :) I still have not recieved either of those. !?!?!? Sooooo is there still an issue problem with that or what?
  2. Mr.GonzoHeisenberg

There seems to be a small but fixable issue with the stalker cloak. If you cloak while moving, I noticed that once you stop moving, the cloak will not adjust to its surroundings and become less visible, anyone else having this problem?
  3. Chad444

Why does the T-ray dancing video always remind me of this?
  4. Dutchbullits

SOE has Gordon Ramsay Mentality >> They happen to have a 'good awarded menu' [read: online-game]. You enter the restaurant, order your starters and have to wait 2-4 hours, when ur ready for your main course, it's another 3-5 hours w8ing, finally when you expect dessert without any problems it's another 3-5 hours w8ing. So when you complain, you get a big F. Y. and if you don't like it you can take the p iss off.

This mentality of SOE really shows the true arrogance SOE possess. SOE don't give sjit for their gaming-community by default. Seperate US and EU servers for 'starters', 'main course' would obviously be a maintenance that starts in the middle of the night (as well in US as in EU). If SOE would start maintenance at (lets say) 4 or 5am i don't mind if it would take till 12:00 noon. SOE would have 7 or 8 hours every freaking day downtime by default to fix, hot-fix, patch whatever the fk they like. As 'dessert' we (the SOE gaming community) can enjoy PS2 on normal gaming hours during days and evenings. THIS would show at least SOE respect us gamers. SOE should get awarded as well for one of the worst community support due to lack of efford they put in for us gaming community.

To earn respect from your gaming-community, you have to give it first SOE. Sadly enough, no matter how much downtime you take from us, it seems SOE can't (hot-) fix stupid on their side.... obviously...but that must not be an excuse imo I wonder (really I do, do you (SOE) know the word 'compensation'?, ....pls someone shoot me so I can stop wondering..
  5. McGuyver

How about checking your math on the certs lost. I logged in to see what my little extra was going to be and according to my math you didn't even give me all the certs I missed out on let alone a little extra?

Also I'm Not surprised at all that we need another patch for the new patch... Each week it's like this now.... Is this patch gonna break the servers for 6-8 hours? It says it will take up to 3 hours to complete but according to your past experiences that means ALL DAY...
    • Up x 1
  6. Dutchbullits

sorry to say matey, don't count on their math, they can't even tell normal (down)time...I miss out certs as well :confused: :mad:
  7. CZ3M

Yes , I also have this problem , sometimes it happens that the cloak system hangs and does not want to switch to idle state.
  8. JonboyX

Have to say how disappointed I am that *still* on patch day, which by the way is now 2 days a week, it's practically impossible to log in near peak time. No doubt the same log in server is distributing the patch to all those hitting the Launchpad, but it is frankly astonishing that you haven't resolved this after 18 months.

Why is it not number one priority to correct; that on two days a week (now) regular players have to sit and watch a loading screen for 5-10 minutes before they can get in?
  9. Luighseach

Usually when I get that bug I just keep repairing the Max until it is all the way even if the circle is full(usually it shows his health bar). If you make it all the way full health it stays. But I haven't had this bug in a long time.
  10. leo57

miller crashed again :mad:
  11. Pootisman

As always after a patch: Long login times. 5+ minutes. DB update didnt help at all.
    Server: Cobalt
  12. randomusername146

at least your game didn't crash after 10min of logging in. thats how I landed here just now.
    I don't read this thread but support everyone who is very angry.

believe me, I can hardly hold back to make this post an endless hate-speech !!!
  13. Luperza Community Manager

Hi there! I'm back in the office now.

I know some of you have been reporting server issues for the servers we mentioned yesterday were having problems.

Here's a further update on what's happening on our end, looks like we have some network issues between the datacenters that's causing Woodman, Ceres, Miller and Cobalt to have an increase in memory usage. We're working on resolving this as quickly as we can. (I'll put this in the OP as well with status updates as I receive more information.)

----
    Remember we are now on Week 2 of WDS, so your points are supposed to be wiped.

----
    In regards to Membership issues with the 500SC grant, etc. Please see:

Originally posted: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/no-500sc-yet.171761/#post-2495695
  14. HappyFnCamper

This will be my first post here and hope to not make more except to congratulate SOE in the future endeavors.

A lot of grumpin going on about when updates occur. Lets be content that the game is still around and not in the can.

Los Angeles
    Times Feb, 06, 2014 |By Andrea Chang and Daniel Miller

Sony Corp., a struggling electronics maker trying to regain its once stalwart status, is undertaking a major restructuring that includes the sale of its PC division, a spinoff of its TV business and layoffs of thousands of employees.
    The Japanese tech giant said Thursday that it had decided to shed its Vaio personal computer brand after a "comprehensive analysis of factors, including the drastic changes in the global PC industry."

The above article could apply to SOE just as well one day. In the end the updates will occur during normal biz hours and not on the grave yard shift. SOE has to look at the bottom line and should not have to hire a third shift to work one or two days and sit around the rest of the week. We just have to live with it, which is ok and if you feel otherwise you need help. SOE is not a hospital or an electric utility that has to be run 24/7 with staff to handle every issue ASAP. Just a game folks, I am addicted to it just like the rest of you, but you got to put it in the right perspective. Spend your money elsewhere if you can't deal with it.

On the other end of putting it in the right perspective:

Yet there is a lot of grumpin going on about the updates not working as they should.

I do not understand how an update (lets use the crossbow as an example} has known issues on the test server with feedback, still ends up on the live servers with out all the issues resolved first.

I am sure the DEVS love the job even with all the probs that they have to deal with just to keep this monster up and runnin not to mention the new stuff they work and tweak to bring into the game. The DEVS work hard as it is, but they need more time to work out the bugs before a release. I'm sure this all boils down to the management rather then the DEVS...

Seems deadlines are the focus and not a solid game play fundamental. Management needs to refocus on what is important to the players. Don't put crap in the game to stay on track of the schedule. We don't want it or need it unless it is a working addition to the game, fully functional that doesn't break gameplay. Hiccups will occur even with the best laid plans. Just seems there are too many of them even when there is a test server that allows you to work out the kinks before a live server update. To the management I say MBO (manage by objective) push on the schedule as hard as you can to get it out in time. However if an addition to the game is still foobared before you add it, then push back the schedule until it is a clean sleek and working addition. Do it right the first time if it is worth doing at all.

By now SOE should be well aware of this. My post is a small lemming rehash like many players for a very long time. SOE should focus on real gameplay issues (not cute snowmen... add that stuff when you have a tight ship) so we can have fun with everything working as it should. Like engagement radar, was working right then later not clamping to screen edge intermittently after some other update. I could go on about glitches and issues as the list is long, so SOE clear the plate for awhile and get the in game stuff to par please.

Thank You, from another addicted player fan
    • Up x 1
  15. Lavraen

You know what, I'm on the verge of unsubscribing.

Your product just isn't good enough.

I'm trying to be patient and I really want to invest time in your game, but it's virtually impossible.

I'm better off subscribing to a game I know will be available when I have a free evening.

Planetside 2 is gaming roulette.

It's so unprofessional.

Such a frustrating gaming experience. I'm so disappointed.
    • Up x 5
  16. blueangleofdeath

I'm unable to login into miller :( I've waited at least 10 mins.
    • Up x 1
  17. Teltower

Servers must be down again.
    I tried Miller too.
    I've tried many F2P games... but this is the worst of all, I never saw such a lack of service and support.
    No statement to this chaos because nobody cares.
    Would I care such less in my job i would fail the whole business aber get fired,

I really never expected such ....I dont find words for this, I just started playing this week and I am very glad it is no full price game.. lol

Maybe it is because I bought a xbone.....
  18. shuffl2me

just like to give another big thanks to SoE for putting crap like crossbows, flareguns and ***** snowmen into the game before fixing login and hit detection issues.
    GJ SoE GJ
    • Up x 2
  19. Adukka

Trying to get Miller... Been with you guys since beta, but really as premium member im thinking canceling my subscription now. Everytime im willing and able to play, i cant. Its really frustratings + all updates EU primetime.
    • Up x 1
  20. R.Bootneck

You do remember we have been reporting this issue on EU servers for the past 7 days right..

Anyway, that aside, something that may or may-not be related to this issue.
    When the never-ending cycling 'logging in' error occurs if you wait long enough, it times out crashing all of the game processes.
    and if you exit during this process, regardless of either of these two senarios, the game server seems to think that you are online,, even though you never got as far as spawning into the server.
    The players website shows the character that you were attempting to join Miller with, is ingame ....

if you manage to get on-line and in game, if you waited for more than 120seconds in the logging in screen ,every time you then get the disconnected from server message after 4-5 minutes, and you have to exit the game and go back to the logging in lottery

Sometimes when you crash (not the case for every crash), players in your outfit see the notification in the chat box that you went offline, yet your place in the squad shows you are still online, for anything up-to 10 minutes after you have physically left ... and it shows you connected .. not with the lost connection icon ... during this 10 minute zone, all login attempts will fail.

It's as if the delay in communication. or lack thereof between the login servers and the world servers is out of control.