Server Downtime for Hotfix February 14, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Intreducor

*** U STAFF...GET BACK HOME FROM SCHOOL ON FRIDAY AND THIS IS WHAT I GET...EVERY DAY ****** MAINT...WTF IS WRONG WITH U GUYS? FORGOT TO DO THAT THE LAST MONTH?
    • Up x 1
  2. BrianJ2

next time write it in your diary :rolleyes:

TL : DR
  3. alexkahn1

Dear SOE

I demand that for every ten minutes every down time every person is given a full refund for any paid boosters they have running.

I also demand that they get 150 certs for every ten minutes the servers are down.

This constant server downtime is unacceptable.
  4. Scatterblak

...they didn't say 'in a row'.
  5. DieHard2Live3

SOE, maybe it's time for some time to plan some updates before they come about.

Was not expecting an update today and got pretty pissed when the server said "9m 59s until maintenance", especially since when I just activated my boost.

I understand how important these hotfixes are, but maybe plan them ahead so that they don't happen every day, or these "weekly updates" will become "daily updates", if you know what I mean. ;)
  6. xekktar

*grabs popcorn*
  7. DieHard2Live3

I have several other games installed on my computer, so at least I have something else to play when the game is down.

TBH though, I find it kinda ridiculous that this has been happening daily throughout this week. Okay, maybe not seven days, but it's awfully close to that.

Double XP would be nice. It goes in well with the boosts I have. :D
  8. lemonsqueezy72

I feel sorry for Luperza having to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning to post these depressing things every day. Just to let you know we all love you Luperza, we know its not your fault.
  9. SuecoViacho

Thing is just there were about 3 server downtimes in the last 4 days.... in EU-primetime (my primetime) :(
  10. Pumpkim

I'd like to know why SOE is not using virtual servers. You could fire up a new one and install the new software on it while the other is still running. Then when you're done and have tested, you just flip the ports.

Total downtime: 23 seconds.

Seriously, even windows server 2003 can do this.
    • Up x 3
  11. Ttariel

This fix is so hot
  12. Khemri

I'm actually quite glad that SOE has stepped up to the plate about implimenting new game content and fixing the issues with it that come out.. They're definitely listening to us. The optimization held it off for awhile, but I think they managed to get the whole fps lag issue mitigated. The surprise updates are whatever. I personally just go play Dayz until they are over. If you so happen to not have any other games you enjoy playing on your entire computer, watch some TV or just find a way to pass the time. It's much more productive than coming to this forum thread and making little rants about updates that are meant to make the game better.
    Thanks for reading ;)
  13. SleepingMonk

Another Bug to Fix:
    Sometimes the Gate Shield Diffuser does not let you pass shields.
    One time I was able to get into an Amp Station A point and then after the recharge it wouldn't let me out.
  14. Spacelife

This is getting pretty annoying for us EU players. All this downtime, sometimes without warning, that in more cases than not take longer than planned and written ******** all over our best hours.
  15. Ziporama

Not sure if there is ever a "good" time for patching - it's somebody's prime time somewhere in the world.
    It could be rotated however so that it doesn't hit the same time window day after day... Patches as a rule of thumb only occur when I have time to play the game... Murphy's law.

Z.
  16. SkepticJerry

How many people are going to give up their secondary for a few level 1 recon bolts? Not I. I don't foresee this being a problem.
  17. orivar

all the servers will be down?
  18. GalaxyKillers

SOE Math logic:

Up to 3 hours = 3*3 = 9 Hours

That is the correct way, the SOE way.
  19. CptChantal

We should receive compensation for all this downtime and the many in game issues that we have to go through after each patch. SOE you need to pay more attention to your game and make sure the patches do what they're meant to do.
  20. Takoita

By the way, the ninja patch earlier today reintroduced (at least in VR room it did) that old bug with some of the visual effects. The one where smoke and duststorms leave a 'dirty' afterimage when you move your POV with them on screen.

And crashes. I've crashed ~4 times before the maintenance started.