Server Downtime for Hotfix February 14, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Jalek

I just hope Connery is up in time for the downtime.
    (It actually is, the server status at the top of the forums shows it down though)
  2. Cromell

Another downtime...? Can we, EU players, have some sort of compensation for this? People have running boosts here, too, thank you very much.

At the very least a proper "we're sorry, we'll do something about it in the future" would suffice.
    • Up x 4
  3. Elrohur

Weekly updates was a good idea.
    At least we feel like there are some changes and that the ridiculously "overpowered" things don't stay in that state for like 6 months or so.
    Though ... couldn't you count the DB maintenance as a weekly update ?
    Surprisingly this maintenance didn't take too much time and the ETA was almost right.
    Now the problem is that every MMO (at least occidental ones) in the world try to do special event / patch for every commercial holidays, like Valentine's day. I'll never understand why do we have to celebrate Valentines day / Christmas / Us Independence Day / St Patrick / Halloween etc. with special items and patches.
    We could have skipped the "trolling you with pink hearts" crossbow, the PacMan camo for NC and the "hippie" make love not war love decal.

Or then we could have waited 1 week for the DB maintenance and have no patch for a week.
    Not like we were used to wait months for one before.
  4. Teltower

Ehm, started 2 days ago, 1 hour played, next 2 days down.
    Sorry, did I missed that this is another early access or is the beta?
    Just add another fancy stupid not unnecessary stuff when the game is actually running smooth.
    Bug fix and nothing else would be great, I don't need to play this since a year to see that this is not good.
  5. SniperElite999

What? againe 3 hours? WTF? you are making me angry and angry, i came home in the evening and "Kiss clothed server door". F this hotfixes and etc
  6. Njneer75

This is getting a little ridiculous SOE. Havent been able to play much lately because of your last minute oh crap we need a hotfix again downtimes at 9am est. Right when i get home from work
  7. SammyStoner

-sighs- 3 hours again? Well hopefully it doesn't go like 2 hours after the estimated time like it did with the patch yesterday morning. .___. Guess gonna be playing blacklight retribution, again, while the hotfix is getting done, which who knows how long that is gonna take. They say a estimated time, then they either end up going past their estimated time by hours or if they do get it done by the estimated time then there is always some problem that makes the game unplayable then they either fix it right away or make us live with a game problem that makes it unplayable for a week or near unplayable. Like the lag that happens last time I played after their last patch where I started lagging horribly every time that I looked at a base or turret or a number of other things and was forced to camp in a AA turret to even be able to play since it was lagging horribly around the base(think I was at the crown at the time) with everything that I looked at that wasn't the air(like if I looked at the base, I would lag instantly and drop down to like 7fps and sometimes lower, while looking anywhere else like the sky for aircraft I would have around like 14-16 fps), and max suits, they make me lag horribly to the point where I have almost like 0 framerate whenever they are smoking or using that lockdown thing(thing that TR max has that locks you to the ground) whenever im close enough to them to repair them and it's been doing this since like a couple updates ago which I thought would have been fixed by now. Or like with one of the last patches, my framerate gets all choppy like I have 5 or 6fps when I actually have around 12 to 15 fps and I've been in squads people that have noticed the same thing happening and it's just super annoying and makes me die in so many ways since it's hard to see anything with the choppy jumpy frames, but whenever im in a totally empty base it stops and I have good smooth chop free framerate then when a couple people show up it starts getting choppy and jumpy again, and framerate dives when looking in some directions. Hopefully they can do the hotfix without making any of the problems I listed worse or making new ones, like what seems to happen with every patch and hotfix, and hopefully they don't take like 5 or 6 hours for the hotfix like they did yesterday for that patch.
  8. NicoM

I am using a weekly boost and I an gonna loose 3x6 hours, almost a day of my 7 days boost!
    • Up x 4
  9. S7rudL

lol,
    • Up x 4
  10. xxlotucxx

So, than we get double EXP this weekend to compensate the incompetence of SOE-Guys, right?
    • Up x 1
  11. im24

how about daily hotfixes? :mad:
  12. Epicstrat

Yeah! Screw them for adding content and keeping the game up to date! They should burn in hell!
  13. stalkish

Youd think by now after over a year of 1000s of people saying the same thing youve just said soe would have implemented a server down boost froze mechanic, I guess that would eat away at their boost profits tho.......
    They'd need to give us double xp for the next 3 years if incompetence was the reason.
    • Up x 2
  14. Yaesu

There were times I wasn't even seeing the circle even though heat was rising.
  15. Daf

Ooops, the dreaded ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||96% :rolleyes:
  16. im24

3 months heroic boost as redress!! :p
  17. mancho

Bye Bye EU prime time in friday
  18. stalkish

Not a good impression is it, although most mmo games have alot of downtime there seems to be more downtime in ps2 than any other ive played.
    Its funny you mention early access/beta, if you minimize your window while playing and mouse over the minimised tab you can see it says version 0.something, you expect version 1.something since this is supposed to be release...This is why some people believe this PC version is a giant beta test for the PS4 version.
    • Up x 2
  19. lemonsqueezy72

I was thinking of subscribing after being away for a few months but maintenance 3 days in a row kinda puts me off....doesn't look good.
  20. Rayhze

This is really getting out of hand SOE, and this is supposed to head to ps4 soon? Might want to get your **** together...
    • Up x 1