Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. MrPokealot

I wonder if they replaced the stairs at Quartz Ridge, it was missing for a while..
  2. Oraculum

Yes please. I've had quite enough of the glow bug + no camo coverage on vanguard plating and reaver fins.
  3. starecrow

re: Pounder nerf:

I tested them out in VR and thought "Damn they are strong now vs. infantry", get in game, and whaddaya know, Miller TR is already spaming them against infantry.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alarox

They fixed the glowing aspect of it, but there is still no camo coverage.
  5. CoffeePowered

As a light assault, I thought this bug was hillarious.
  6. Aviator80

I also want to ask if someone knows why when I played after the update I got 4 messages saying that my nano armor was took off and cert point given back? the fact is that I didn't received all the certs points because I could restored only 3 nano armor I had!!!
  7. Zerky

You guys always take down/patch the servers when it's prime time in Europe. You don't even wanna know how many XP I lost due to your updates and patches right in the middle of an Alert. Do we get a compensation for this? I'm getting really tired of this XP and cert loss.
    • Up x 3
  8. Sammywillz

9. Oraculum

Ah great, atleast the worst part of it has been dealt with then.

I'm hoping the lack of camo coverage for so long, has something to do with the conversion to the new tint scheme all vehicles are going through. I've been trying to get a response on the matter out of Tramell and Higby on twitter but they seem to either miss my posts or are ignoring them because they don't have an answer yet.
  10. Chad444

Cannot launch the game anymore. Crashes around 65%
  11. Thatwierdguy

Why continuously nerf a weapon that no one outside of first time max users actually uses? If you want to get rid of it... just get rid of it!
  12. Aviator80

In Esamir there was a jump pad (don't remember the name) that worked bad. When you landed on the destination platform you were jumping back to the start...
  13. CommandoKain

Agreed the TR MAX needs a Little Accuracy Buff, Not to include the Mercys they fine but the other weapons need accuracy increases. lots of times i get Infantry in my Sight even in Lockdowns and i get hit by a rocket which is fine that to be expected in lockdown, but the issues is his other buddies seem to just finish me off with there rifles at ranges about 10 meter away. and even if they are in my sights and I im unloading on them the whole time. only about 1/4 on my shots are hits. We need some more Accuracy...
  14. Phazaar

Why not a cooldown time for infantry of 20 minutes too?

There are no 'infantrists' (infantry) in this game. Only players. If you choose to shoe-horn your chosen class into situations that it is at a disadvantage, that's your own fault. If you're trying to take on an ESF with a Galaxy, you expect to die. If you're trying to take on an MBT with a solo Sunderer, you expect to die. Why should the game punish players who are actually trying to use suitable tools for the job, simply because you don't have the competence to make the same tactical decisions (or simply lack the competence to fly/drive)?

And that's before factoring in that infantry are infinitely better at killing vehicles than vehicles are... There's really no reason to play a vehicle except personal choice, and the ability to make 'infantrists' QQ (you'll note that most of us 'vehiclists' play as infantry a majority of the time, and yet find the balance fine... Mindblowing...).
    • Up x 2
  15. Shizzerk

Just give me nerf gun I'd probably enjoy it more than something that looks like it could kill people, but doesnt.
    • Up x 1
  16. BoomBoom4You

Nice, thank you for the quick patch.
    • Up x 2
  17. Game Tips And More

This is great, I was going to mention the Tutorial stuck at Redeploy when I noticed it with a new Soldier yesterday - and the missing helmets/heads, too... Way to go, guys!
  18. ArchadorNC

Hey, is that tweet Higby made about giving us double XP this weekend for the downtime going into effect after this hotfix goes through?
  19. Sizemac

Hi , I have a game issue I seem to be experiencing, I am playing on a pc, windows 8, when in combat say I come around the corner of a bldg., an enemy will be there I aim go to shoot and it doesn't shoot, either I get killed or I keep pulling trigger, finally it will fire after a few seconds but this delay is terrible can this be fixed? , I have a high speed cable connection so plenty of horsepower for connection, the pc has a quad core processor and is new. I also close out programs like messenger and anything that would eat bandwidth. but still having this issue. maybe server lag but why can they fire on me before I can get mine to fire?
  20. DrunkenDoughnuts

This! I love vehicles, and I use them all the time, but if I am running base to base as a softy I expect and deserve to be killed by vehicles. The devs have already done tons of work to make bases themselves be more protected from vehicles, so expecting infantry to kill vehicles easier than they already do in the open is just madness. If you're tired of getting killed by vehicles, I have some pro tips for you:

1. Ride in someone else's Sunderer or any other vehicle.
    2. Redeploy from base to base.
    3. You have 750 vehicle and aircraft resources for a reason.

And thanks SOE for getting this hotfix out.
    • Up x 2