Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. UnDeaD_CyBorG

This thread is mildly amusing.^^
  2. NoLifeGamer

Everyone logging on at the same time, It happened to a lot of us including me. Should be good now tho.
    • Up x 1
  3. PresidentFreeman

Well the game takes about five times as long to load to the menu, and when I get there I can't login. I sure did benefit from this patch...
  4. SidCom

Report from yesterdays game session (Miller):

All in all gameplay seems fine. Could not see issues regarding hit detection, nerfs, buffs etc. so far. Maybe needs a little bit longer impressions/gameplay to get a better feeling.

- One game crash after abt. 2 hour out of 6 hours gameplay, 2 server disconnects. Which is acceptable after the initial PU2 patch desaster

- Sometime initial game loading stucks for a few minutes after choosing my char

- Occasionly my anhi not lock on to ESF, even they are only 70-100m away and just a small battle. (ESF not throw flares yet) Kind of random..

- From the perfomance perspective: no issues in general (same post PU2), but now in heavy fights with a lot of explosions the framerate drops to 10-15 FPS. Normally i have 50-55 frames in 80+ fights in AMP/BIOLAB. Expecially smoke seems to tear down the fps. In example when an ESF lolpodding my MAX or inside spawnroom with massive MBT camping. The char movement then nearly stalls.
    That was definitly not the case post PU2.

- NS7PDW reload animation still strange (VS like. Ok, i am an VS..but the previous reload animation was "cooler")

- the distant char animations seemed ok for me.

- heads and battle tank turrets rendering fine yesterday after the hotfix

Thanks devs/ops for your effort and Happy Christmas..

Rig: i5 3570K@4.5GHZ, 8G RAM, SSD, AMD7950@1000MHZ, 50ms server RTT (Miller)
    • Up x 1
  5. DoradusGenudine

but there you go writing it...
  6. BobSanders123

WART YOU SAY ABOUT TR. TR NO FAT SLOW MAN. TR IS SUPERIOR. NC WILL BE FAT AND SLOW IF WE LET YOUR CAPATILIST PRINGLES AND BURGER COMPANIES RISE IN POWER.
  7. BobSanders123

Dear SOE: Thanks for the stairs on Amerish. Really helps with the GETTING BACK ONTO THE BLOODY WARPGATE FLOOR WITHOUT HAVING TO REDPLOY.
  8. Mindgrind

Still going... I HAD to be a part of this.
  9. Kiff

OH MY ******* GOD I'M STILL NOT EVEN GETTING ANY UPDATES OR HOTFIXES OR ANYTHING AT ALL SINCE THE UPDATE A FEW DAYS AGO.
  10. Kiff

and although im allowed to launch the game its having me create a char and not showing my chars and empty server list
  11. Kiff

OH MY ******* GOD I'M STILL NOT EVEN GETTING ANY UPDATES OR HOTFIXES OR ANYTHING AT ALL SINCE THE UPDATE A FEW DAYS AGO.
    I've been trying to get help but no one is even paying attention to my case.
    The launcher states I'm up to date but I KNOW there has been updates/hotfixes that I didn't get.
    My last update was the 1.3gb one. I know there was a 170mb one yesterday? Something like that?
    I can still launch the game. It gets past loading screen, but then all my characters are gone and sends me straight to character creation and after i choose faction it takes me to a completely empty server list.
  12. Wezdor

Finally, a good patch. Great job, SOE!
    • Up x 1
  13. Kiff

I'M NOT GETTING ANY PATCH OR HOTFIX WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING ME?!?1??
  14. disky00

OH GOD SOMEONE HELP KIFF THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Are you using Steam, Kiff? If so, right click on Planetside 2 in your library, select Properties and in the new menu that opens up, go to the "Local Files" tab and click "Verify integrity of game cache..."

It'll probably take a while, but if your files are out of whack it will redownload the borked ones and your issue should be resolved.

And settle down, buddy. You ain't got to be all rageface an' ****.
    • Up x 2
  15. NikkoJT

16. RockISonner

So after nearly a week of ****ups you decide to troll your entire customer base the second you think the servers are stable again?

Well newsflash, the servers are still wacky, you can still get killed by people with their back turned, the NS7-PDW is still broken, there are still random crashes ALL the time and you still see people with no heads.

This is becoming the biggest joke..
  17. Nasher

I think this update is terrible.

Netflix is a waste of money and hardly has anything worth watching on it.
  18. aceoyame

The update was a waste of time. They broke so much for minimal performance gains and to top it off they completely ****** balance.

I need to reread the notes but I am noticing the decimator has a lot less ammo now. As well as it doing a lot less damage. Shot a lvl 11 VS Max point blank with it and it didnt even do a full bar of damage
  19. Brainwayne

it's like they are doing it on purpose...
  20. Playbizzle

Dont you know they dont give patch notes anymore. Now they tell us its a small server hotfix or some crap but yet they redo all kinds of stuff in the game. Last little hotfix they did they yanked a whole bunch of stuff out of the game. Vehicle abilities, max abilities, soldier abilities and so much more but yet that wasnt a patch is was just a small client or sever hotfix right?