Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. BloodRedWizard3

Servers might be up but, a lot of people (like me) are stuck at 98% ( same problems - different day)
  2. Spqanx

stuck damnit
  3. masterryang33

Watterson is down still
    was stuck at 96 percent for about 2 min then went in and had two other character servers up but my main character on waterson is doa at this point.....
    PS The PDW is way whacky now, please fix this as me and my pdw are like me and my PE... well you get the idea
  4. CaptainFLaps

If you're stuck at the log-in screen, calm down. The log-in server might be full due to the amount of people all logging in at once. Wait for about 10-30 minutes then log-in again.
  5. NoLifeGamer

Servers are "up" and I'm frozen at 96%
    There's been way to many problems in PS2 lately
    • Up x 1
  6. NoLifeGamer

I really hope you're right.
  7. Spqanx

i politely refuse to calm the **** down
    • Up x 1
  8. StReynolds

Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in. Logging in.........The snowmen are fighting back again.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spqanx

IM ABOUT TO CALM UP IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  10. masterryang33

Dude screw you guys waiting im in and waterson is down ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  11. Losda

i don't get all this rage about those technical issues. please rethink that the planetside 2 department of SOE is relatively small, this game is still fairly new on the market in relation to the expected lifetime of it and it all comes down to how to finance it. i think people are spoiled by the service of games which had to be paid for to even have it, then pay for it on a monthly basis. yes it's true that Planetside 2 has downtimes, mostly because of technical issues or the deeper fact that the dev department are just not capable in testing new patches by sheer numbers (that's why they call out for help on test servers). they cannot just mass-hire new people to the dev-team. they need to be paid and while everyone thinks that membership is too costly and prices are too high for weapons and camos, it is what pays the devs mostly. and i do not consider it to be much. so just stay patient, lower your temper already. it wont help anyone, especially not the devs looking for solutions.

i remember when i started playing WoW after the beta in 2004/2005, technical issues everyday, unholy long patch- and downtimes almost on a daily basis, log-in queues reaching into thousands of members waiting to log-in only to be kicked out after 15 minutes because of server crashes. and all that in "primetime". getting home from work or school, "trying" to log in, waiting 60 to 90 minutes only to log-in, play for some minutes and starting all new all over again. that went on for MONTHS. and the crying was ungodly on the forums. i did not care, i knew technical issues are being worked on. and you know what? Blizzard sorted it out after so much hard work and the financial backup through all those memberships and it is now known for one of the MOST stable servers in any game. that's what we paid 13 bucks for every month including the price for the game itself.

Planetside 2 doesn't have this financial backup, it is F2P, don't go HAM on it, do something else. doesn't matter if EU or US. i live in the EU and don't give a **** about primetime downtimes. and i have an auraxium membership and so much money invested into the game, but i know so much other stuff to do while downtimes are happening. don't know what to do in RL? the devs can't be blamed for that.

a few examples what to do during downtimes: take your dog for an extra walk, clean your house, make your homework, **** your girlfriend, prepare dinner, bake a cake, explore new music, drink a beer, watch a movie, clean your keyboard and mouse, write christmas cards for your family or go to the test-server and report bugs. the last one actually helps the devs fixing issues faster.

tl;dr: calm down, enjoy life.
  12. Grayson

Time to grind an XL engine for my shadowhawk...cause i CAN'T log in after a dam hotfix.
    I think i will spend my money elsewhere......some where far far away from SOE
  13. masterryang33

OMG just checks and waterson is up later much im going to blow me some vs and tr scum off my planet
  14. CaptainFLaps

15. StReynolds

16. CaptainFLaps

• Up x 1
  17. TherealScrable

This update broke my game...
  18. ikillyou1990

How about the nanoweave refund? I was at rank 4 on it and didn't get refunded my certs. Instead, I got a message saying I was refunded and my nanoweave armor went back to being locked... opened up a support ticket on the day of that patch and have yet to get a response. I also know I'm not the only one who got screwed over.
  19. PeRXeRs

The game is broke again... Are you serious? Can´t log in in Briggs!

You badly need more test algorithms!

This is getting more and more unprofesional!
    • Up x 1
  20. GTI40

[IMG]
    • Up x 5