Server Downtime for Hotfix December 20, 2013 6AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Nooblet212

Great stuck loading at 96 percent, just like right before the servers crashed 3 days ago -.-
    • Up x 1
  2. Thatwierdguy

Sooo I'm able to play perfectly fine on Miller... yet US servers are still down?
  3. adnane akef

i don't know if they wake up and say how are we gona **** it up but it sure look's like it
    96% and it stuck
    i just hope it won't last for 2 days
  4. ncDieseL

All servers now showing as locked again. Looks like another failed patch, oh dear. This is a bit of a disaster really.
  5. Implementor

Player demands answer about game downtime, dev answer ->
  6. BronieSalute

7. shanejohnson2002

Just a suggestion, because this is how we do it where I work: Copy the server to a second "sandbox" server, upgrade/test everything there, and then roll it over to the live server once it's tested and ready to deploy. Downtime on the live side is minimized, and it's already tested and ready to go.

In theory, if all the servers are the same, you could do the testing on one and deploy the update to all of them. Everybody's happy, and you only have to invest in one extra server....which you could easily do from the SC I've bought alone :p
  8. RUmadbro

fix the decimator its not worth getting any more only 200 more damage than starter rocket launcher
  9. I Am Robot

10. Nopsled

I don't think that blowing the TR and VS scum is what you meant but thanks for the offer...
  11. Amit2120

that made me laugh so hard yet its so true
  12. SpaceYeti

For a game whose playerbase isn't exactly on the massive side of MMOs, they sure aren't doing themselves any favors by having the servers turned off all the time. This is the third day in a row that I've wanted to play this game but couldn't because of "scheduled" server downtime.

And yeah, everyone understands periodic downtime for patches in MMOs, but this is a bit excessive.
  13. Amit2120

just remembered
    RAID THE CRAP OUT OF THE TEST SERVER
  14. Kyouki

Hmmm I wanted to enjoy my birthday double exp. Then I hear on mumble the servers are down. Great gift SOE... :(
    • Up x 1
  15. Nopsled

Mattherson is up, hopefully Connery isn't far behind...

(Correction - the status says up but I'm stuck at Logging In)
  16. SkyezWars

I have played many MMO Games But i need to keep in mind the game is FREE so i should not complain
  17. GTI40

Cobalt is up, start the raid on the 1.000 CERTs
    FORWARD TR!!!
  18. Zok

if you played ps1 in its prime maybe you should complain that it's free. honestly i understand why its free... its not worth 15/mo thats why i de subbed months ago!.... ill re sub when i see my suggestions at least considered or revised into game play..
  19. aceoyame

I was VS, I got my refund and I still swapped. Not only did my heavy get hit with changes so did my MAX.

Been liking NC much more since I swapped anyways

Edit: Connery is up!
  20. Renuse

I think they may already be doing this? But if not then they should! Hell they should have a whole bunch of their own servers!

But its easy to think more along the lines of this. 1 They rush it cause their bosses are trying to meet timelines (which isnt working so well >_> .. 2 They dont have enough people to properly test, and get eyes on every single part of each continent. (maybe they are using players as 'testers' unofficially.) 3 There some sort of difficulty with the way the code is drawn up out (or the coders are doing something weird.) 4 Or they are just having unforeseen problems.