Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastachief

Please tell me these are not the same hornet missle that are on the pts? Facepalm 1clipping vehicles from high altitude with cockpit freelook...
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadliestMoon

The damage was reduced, when was the last time you checked out the Hornet Missiles on PTS?
  3. a4555in

:eek: Spent my 2k certs just yesterday...:(
  4. LunacyStudy

5. Iridar51

Add new A2A missiles and heavily nerf the previous ones :rolleyes:

Seems legit.
    • Up x 20
  6. f0d

does the stealth ability hide you from engagement radar?
    if not then it should
    • Up x 5
  7. Lakora

Well since you're doing this along with the previous Laser nerf in air... How about pushing up that LA revamp? Like... Next patch?

Sigh... All fellow Light Assaults as you can see they're trying to ground us, stop us from dominating the sky, will we allow this? Hell no I say, I say we all pickup Pump Actions and make the community cry until we get our revamp! I say we make SoE see the error of their ways!

As a side note tho, it does force us to exploit the terrain in new ways to find a stable ground from where we can fire. Which is nice. The exploiting that is.
  8. Phaze

Seriously... the old A2A missiles sound almost worthless.

Can we get certs refunded?

ofc not.
    • Up x 5
  9. BeyondNInja

But will it work with magriders?
    Hopefully the days of chasing your magrider down a hill while reparing it, will be over..
  10. Mastachief

Few days ago?
  11. DeadliestMoon

Well last I heard, the latest patch to the PTS reduced the damage to the Hornet missiles. So they aren't grossly OP.

It does.
    • Up x 3
  12. Doc Jim

Cheers for the bugfixes!
  13. Tropopyte

All nice changes. But can you please please pretty please start all the EU servers first this time? You know, cause of prime time and stuff. Or at least not bring back cobalt last this time.
    • Up x 1
  14. PastalavistaBB

New and more effective AV weapons for ESFs. RIP to all Tankers. Since SOE is giving ESFs laser guided A2G Missiles, it wouldn't be wrong to give Ground Vehicles G2A Missiles, wouldn't it? Waiting for a "Tank Update" if there's ever gonna be one...
    • Up x 4
  15. KingCrimson

So, not fixed grenades (including emp) not damaging mines then? :(
    • Up x 2
  16. dp_nox

Why is the other thread about EU maintenance locked? I wanted to commend you for actually doing it in the middle of the night and not during primetime. Thanks for your overall good efforts lately! :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Coltorl

At least let LAs ADS While flying. It's a stupid nerf and people still wonder why the LA is the least played class?? Nothing but nerfs lately and you changed a mechanic so quintessential to the LA that this game will now be dominated by Heavy Assaults and Medics! WTF are you thinking SOE????
    • Up x 1
  18. MasonSTL

LA's would ADS while flying??? I thought they just tossed C4!? :eek:
    • Up x 2
  19. Kaale

yes 2 days ago they Adjusted mag size and damage, quicker to just use rocketpods. Skilled players may be able to wire guide 2 rockets to the target whilst avoiding enemies and repeating 3 times for a kill on a Noob MBT, but shouldnt be abused by everyone.
    • Up x 1
  20. ncDieseL

So light assault is more redundant than ever. Shame, because the jet packs make it a good assault class, especially for bases with walls etc. But with this change, any light assault in flight is just going to be cannon fodder. PS2 alternative to clay pigeon shooting, LA shooting :)

Personally, I think instead of nerfing ADS and hip fire on light assaults, they could have just made it much harder to aim while in flight, like when you ADS on a sniper rifle and the cross hair moves around (until you press shift).

ESF upgrades look good! Was there any advanced notice of the new rocket pods? I bought A2G pods with SC recently and now I'm feeling they might have been a bit of a waste...

Also, what is the timing of the downtime in GMT?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.