Server Downtime for DB Maintenance February 11, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JaySon

Hello? pls some answers on my questions :( :when i try to login there is an error message " SocketError:Host Not Found (11001) - " ios that a cause of the server downtime or is my PS2 broke? :/ - Sorry, if thats a stupid question :eek: :D
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Servers should be up. Please feel free to hop into game. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Lewk

As a software developer myself who also has to deal with patches/updates and trying to juggle times/etc, all i can say is you people are a bunch of ignorant jerks :D I say ignorant because you are quite literally that, ignorant. You haven't experienced what it takes during these sorts of things, and so you say "stop lying to us about the downtime", or "this shouldnt be taking so long", as if the IT department is just sitting there with a big green button that they could push at anytime to get things up and running, but they don't because they love to torture their player base. I say jerks, because you guys are being straight up rude.
    • Up x 1
  4. 1Pointtowin

I lol at the EU players whining.
  5. bulletbag

wahoo serversd are up ;)
  6. Serafine

Well, they could still start at 8am or even 10am, in that case they would be up at 12 if everything works fine. Even if it takes 5 hours, when you start at 10am then servers are up at 3pm.
    • Up x 1
  7. imfabiohello

maby an idea saying more time then you need then nobody is disaponted and onley happy if they go faster up then soe is saying:cool:
  8. SprintingGhost

i'd rather have 2x or 3x SC, or is that going to be friday with valentines day?
    (Like the post if you're going to buy the X-Bow the second it's out (I can't like myself lal))
    • Up x 1
  9. theghostofwar

for compensation you guys should bump the release of the crossbows for today :p
  10. SprintingGhost

All hail Luperza
  11. imfabiohello

is normal men dont ya worry men
  12. imfabiohello

thanks realy glad to hear that :D
    • Up x 1
  13. Wafflepancake

If they set up servers somewhere in the EU I can see that happening. But as it stands right now, I can't foresee this happening any time soon.
    I mean hell, I'm in EST. I have to stay up till 2am to watch the Olympics. Why can't they just have the games during MY prime time some of the times? That would please everyone, or at least annoy everyone the equal amount.
  14. SuecoViacho

OMG they are back !!!!!!!!!! hopefully i can sign in...
  15. Daniel10

With all the respect, I find your comment almost offensive, I work on a Online Gaming company, our customers are all around the world, we have only a small percent of the clients SOE has, and yet there is not "stuff is on site" thing, stuff is always there, 24/7 if so required, we're talking about thousands of players here, you fit patching and maintenance to the "Stuff" timing?, I really don't understand your business model, seriously.
  16. JaySon

first,..hello fabio xD
    then... if its normal when will this ndissappear? :S
  17. innersphere1

Servers are in maintenance and Up at the same time... is that a miracle.
  18. Xandax

Reductio ad absurdum.

The Olympics are hardly comparable to a service like PlanetSide 2.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

Do let me know if you have any log-in issues throughout the day. Thanks again for your patience everyone. :)
  20. StonedWanderer

even the most basic analogy requires at least 1 working brain cell to comprehend....
    • Up x 1