Server Disconnection + Queues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, May 8, 2020.

1. TRspy007

We all know the server can randomly disconnect players in large fights.

Today there were many large fights occurring on Emerald. I got disconnected from the server (not my side), I log on, and I'm sitting in VR with well over 50 other dudes who all got disconnected as well.

We had 2 continents open, one with a faction balance queue because all the factions were at 33 - 33 -33, the other (the one I was on) with a max population queue.

Over half an hour queue times.

I understand the max population queue. Faction balance queues are useless however, and just resulted in us getting stuck in VR while the TR were getting double teamed. Pretty stupid, since it wasn't even our fault we were logged off. Remove the damn queue already.
  2. Towie

Yeah that's really annoying - PS2 seems to be less stable at the moment than 'usual'. Sometimes when you reconnect you are still in your squad (this helps a lot).

It's a difficult one - I do agree that some form of control needs to be enforced otherwise you just get a faction unable to achieve anything. However - when a faction is being double-teamed (happens often), it's 66% vs 33% and that's every bit as bad.

Maybe the balance needs to be much smarter - in tune with whats happening on the continent, who controls what, who is being attacked etc. A straight population balance is never going to achieve a true balance when players do what the hell they want - which is both the major strength and ultimate weakness of PS2.

I've been saying this for a while - the faction that wins is the faction being double-teamed the least (assuming equal pop).
    • Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

I think it's something that's best left untouched. I seem to remember things were much more fair back when there were no queues. Usually as soon as the devs start tweaking anything to "balance" it, it ends up doing the exact opposite.

Maybe there could be a system in place that awards zergfits for actually fighting each other. For example, a base would be ghost capped/zerged, the system would offer __ resources to the outfit that successfully re-secures it, without using more than 60% pop for example (could be tuned for bases that are easier/harder to defend.

On the contrary, the system would offer no resources or a delayed tick, maybe that resource amount every 10 or 15, or 20 minutes depending on how much over-pop was at the base during capture.