Seriously, friendly fire needs to go... NOW!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TyphusAlGhoul, Dec 7, 2012.

1. maxkeiser

Seriously wish people would stop posting tedious threads like this.

We've been through all of this before. FF has to be in the game for a number of very good reasons. It's one of the good things that makes PS2 better than BF3 (for instance).
    • Up x 2
  2. 13lackCats

FF

Otherwise known as Big Boy Pants
  3. Koadster

hahahahahahaha... You werent in the beta were you. When a base was lost, everyone would spawn engi, place a turret and faced the spawn tubes.. The freshly spawned dudes usaully couldnt do anything except die, maybe get a lucky nade off to kill someone... It was a wall of constant turret fire, you cant kill these dudes from the outside because the spawnrooms have defense shields... The PLAYERS asked for painfields.. its there FOR A REASON.

Let me guess, you wanted to do this exact cheap tactic that made painfields exist in the first place. After youve had it done a few times to you, trust me you wont be asking for no painfields any longer

If you were infact meaning the defense shields around spawnrooms... Well you get tank spammed into your spawn room anyway. Without defense shielding around the spawnroom atleast.. there is even LESS incentive to defend.. Which ever context you were meaning.. its bad both ways..
  4. TyphusAlGhoul

So you think this is ******** do ya? I always play as an Engineer because my computer is to weak to handle precise full combat. Granted, it isn't 10% but 6% deaths due to FF is still way too much. >.<

[IMG]
  5. failbot

Lol sweet KD ratio bro.
  6. Securion

I think FF should stay as it is.
  7. DrakeDude

Last night playing with my outfit, we had atleast 4 sundys TK'ed by ally c4.....plzzzzz
  8. therah

FF is in the game for more reasons than anybody with the sense and knowledge to list them all out can be bothered to do with the likes of people like you
    • Up x 1
  9. Cluzore

A thousand times this.
    FF is vital to gameplay, stop running behind tanks and report griefers.
  10. FA_Q2

Then YOU are the problem.

I am tired of the weapons lock due to idiots that run across the road or think that they can get the kill by moving IN FRONT OF MY FIRE. If your team is killing you that much then YOU are doing some thing incorrect. Fix it.

Of worthy note is that your FIRST weapons lock is only for a few minutes. That is greatly extended even if you sneeze at another friendly without killing them after you are unlocked. It gets progressively worse the more you do it. FF is fine and the punishment is fine. They just need to add something similar for those lemmings that care purposefully forcing grief on their team. The punishment is to one sided atm.

PS: WTF! .2 k/d? Since you didn't know about the zero xp for medics you MUST be a full time engie? Right?
  11. TyphusAlGhoul

I am a full time Engiee that is correct since my computer is so old that i can't play any precise game play. Why are people get on my back about everything being my fault? It's far from it. As an engineer i try everything to please others, helping with ammo, repairs and spawns but this FF thing makes my work really hard. Like i said, I never go in front of vehicles but still, i can't see what is behind me and WHAM!!... i get run over but someone not looking where they are going.

"FF is in the game for more reasons than anybody with the sense and knowledge to list them all out can be bothered to do with the likes of people like you"

What the Frak! Please explain yourself about "the likes of me". I can seriously not think of one single reason you should be able to kill your own faction that enhances the game play. Does it make the game more fun to play -- no. And the strange thing is that many of you claim that there are too many reasons that you won't even bother naming them all... please indulge me.

And Cluzore, you try playing the game at 5-10 FPS and see how you fare?
  12. PixelDonkey

I personally believe FF needs to stay in the game but I've just been playing for the last 30 minutes and someone ran me over with a magrider, they hit me from behind so I couldn't even see them.

Someone then killed my Magrider when no one else was around... I was running away from the fight to get cover and repair... boom their magridger takes me out. I then need to wait 15 minutes for another one so I spawn at the Warpgate and get in a lightning.

Leaving the warpgate someome in a magrider follows me and hits me about 2 times, so I get out to repair and he runs me over.

3 tk deaths in 30 minutes really pisses me off. Allow me to punish the idiots, give me an option to forgive or punish the fools that tk me at least. Then if they get unforgiven a set amount of times kill them and don't let them have tanks or stop them from playing for half an hour or something.

You've made an excellent free to play game where people can be as lame as they want and spoil the fun without any repercussion. Allow us to report them!
  13. LT_Latency

Friendly fire helps to reduce the power of having more players because it bottle necks the large force, Without FF the large force can charge in guns a blazing and just out damage the enemy team in minutes every time.
  14. Cluzore

Good job at being stupid. I never said anything about your KD, but now that you mention it, Lol. Have you tried uninstalling?
  15. Razershade

I'd normally agree that friendly fire should stay, but in this game its just a sickening fail to even exist. I have died WAY more to friendly tanks running me over because they simply DONT CARE than I have died to actual enemy tanks who's objective is to kill me. I've died quite a lot to idiots spamming rocket launchers as well.

The "It makes you pay more attention and makes you more careful" argument is ******** apparently because I die from friendly fire so much that it makes the game just so not fun.
  16. Cluzore

If youn run infront or behind a tank he's gonna instanly dismiss you as a noob and won't bother changing direction. They easily show up on your minimap. If you want a board or repair a vehicle approach it from the sides.
  17. failbot

Check your deaths in your stats, 'cause I HIGHLY doubt that.

I've got about 40 hours in the game and been killed TK'd overall around 20 times.

If you only get 5 fps you really can't complain about anything else than bad optimization.
  18. SenEvason

Have you even been reading the responses in this thread? Multiple reasons have been given to you.

And once again, like several people have pointed out or agreed with, your definition of fun can and will be different from someone else's.
    You could also blame poor computer specs. Even some of the minimum speced rigs are getting at least 15FPS.
  19. Kaeldian

Truthfully, when it comes to getting run over, it's the infantry's fault most of the time. Now, before you get all bent out of shape, I will admit there's a few jackwads that have no qualms about running a lightning full tilt down a crowded infantry corridor. But considering all the times I've gone out of my way to run my armor on an infantry empty flank so I can support the infantry push and had a number f infantry mysteriously appear behind my vehicle while I'm performing evasive action.... I can only conclude that most of the burdon falls firmly in the hands of the infantry themselves.

While I main Light Assault (which has zero excuse for getting run over as far as I'm concerned), Engineer is my secondary. If I start repairing a tank that's in hot action, I accept the risk that I'm going to be run over. And if it happens, I take the blame. If you can't accept you may get run over (and let's face it OP has admitted his computer is slow so he may not have the ability to jump out of the way on time), you may need to just stop doing hot zone repairs. Instead, set up station on the back line or cert yourself into a repair sundy so you can sit somewhat safely in a vehicle and repair the tanks in your vicinity with your aura.

Aware infantry rarely gets run over, the burdon is on infantry most of the time. Act with that mindset, and I guarantee you'll get run over less.

FF stays on. The game will become and even worse spamfest if we didn't have to worry about explosions hitting friendlies. So no way in hell it should be turned off.
  20. DorkSided

Sorry but vehicle have priority no one is going to stop for you look before going some where don't just run over there. I almost never get run over it happens but it's rare.