September is comming...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alan Kalane, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Alan Kalane

...Aaand we didn't have any meaningful update yet Smedley. Roadmap sux too. Just wanted to remind you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/

It's September or nothing Smed. You had better focus on that because 2 months is not very much time in game development. Because if you didn't keep your promise (I'm sure you will, you have such a great history of keeping your promises) some people could get angry and leave... me included, I hardly even play anymore.
    • Up x 2
  2. AlterEgo

Think of it like this...
    This game is F2P.
    Technically has more people playing than any other FPS shooter ever (when you think about it, there are FAR more people playing on a continent than a good amount of servers on CoD and BF).
    It's a big game. You just have to give it time. I can see why you're dissatisfied, and that's nothing to judge, but as you may know, Smedley has a massive plate of crap to deal with, especially the Finnish f**ker from Lizard Squad. Remember, just give it time. With time, most things heal, and maybe this game will be one of those things.
    • Up x 3
  3. n0pax

They have a lot on their plate finishing the PS4 version plus porting the entire game over to Xbox One. On top of that they had the Lizard Squad attacking the servers plus sharing their personal info online. It really is outrageous that you still expect them to meet that date after all that has transpired. This game is free to play, you are able to play for completely free and yet you complain?

They will get it done just give them another year. If you want to get angry at them for missing the September goal after all that has transpired you should leave, you are a spoiled person and the issue with the modern gamer. Go play Counter Strike or some other inferior PS2 wannabe.
  4. Haquim

Time is a finite resource, just as my money, and I've seen too much of both go to waste.
    I agree with OP, my patience is at its end.

If the resource revamp is not finally finished in September I'll leave and put my hopes in the emperor and his eternal wars to deliver me of my boredom in the future.
    The only thing really keeping me is the guys I play with, so I guess if several other have made the same decision another broken promise in September could very well lead to some kind of domino effect.
    • Up x 2
  5. BrbImAFK

I hate to be "that guy", but you do realise that he never specified September this year, right? :p
    • Up x 2
  6. Alan Kalane

Lol I've been playing this game for 1.5 years now, I just got bored okay? Look, I love(d) this game for it's concept and scale but nothing can justify no meaningful content since release and the unfinished phases 2 and 3 on multiple projects. Eventualy you will get bored and burnt out too. It's not my fault I don't have fun playing this game anymore. Furthermore Smed assured us dozens of times that they won't be giving up the PC version and that PS2 2.0 will launch in September and I hate it when someone spits in my face.

Also yes, this game is free to play, but me and numerous other players have spent money on it so I guess we can expect at least basic things... like finishing at least one phase 3 project goddamit.
  7. AlterEgo

I understand.

I just don't like Communist F2P models.
    I mean, to each his own, but I'd LOVE to be something more than a simple Ork in a game riddled with a few problems; development doesn't look too good. I'll be honest, Planetside is something I'm NEVER leaving (if I find it right, I might have my future children play Planetside 3 in 2031, but that depends). Question, too: What was the resource recamp going to do? I mean, the game is pretty fine the way it is. I was really looking forward to a faction diversity revamp, but I'm pretty interested in why people wanted a resource one so bad.
  8. AlterEgo

You're damned right. It's just that, things may not always go the way we want them to. I've been waiting forever for a faction diversity revamp that was supposed to make all the factions different? What happened to it? It NEVER happened, because I'm not even sure it was considered. That's the thing: Consideration. You never know when something will come into fruition, and maybe, just maybe, the game won't disappoint in that September revamp everyone wants. I personally find no need for it (mainly because I have no idea what a resource revamp would do), but hey, if a lot of people want it, then it may as well happen.
  9. Turkeys!

The main reason I think a Resource Revamp is wanted is to add a logistic element to the game which will give outfits something to do other than huddle on A Point. A way of getting supply convoys and things like that in the game whilst limiting vehicle spam. Also, people usually mention the ANT so I think a way of influencing base captures would be wanted too. Anything that shifts the focus of the battles to spots in between the bases with base assaults requiring coordination and effort would be nice.

I'd love to see DBG get out at least one Phase Three of the things they've been working on so they can show that they can, so far none of that stuff is really finished.
  10. AlterEgo

I see. I mean, I'd like to see a nice bit of strategy. And if people want it to be in the game (and if it gets more people interested in the game), then I hope it works out. But to be honest... adding depth to a game isn't always a good thing. Reason I stopped playing PS1 was because it was too complicated to enjoy. I really like the game the way it is (of course, I can never have enough faction diversity), although I hope the revamp makes it more interesting. As long as I can have good battles and good action, I'm in.
    • Up x 1
  11. Haquim

Actually it would be communist if everybody paid 0.10€, whether they play or not.
    And I've been a paying member until 10.05. this year. I just got too.... insecure that they do anything sensible with the money.

What I hope the finalized revamp will do is stop sillyness like some faction holding a Biolab 24/7 with 40% pop by spamming MAXes. Or whole vehicle-zergs suddenly emerging from a lonely terminal at a base that is under attack.
    And yes, of course also to add a bit more strategic depth to resupply those bases.
  12. Alan Kalane

I'm all for resource revamp and other stuff... but frankly I just want to see the game improve and get more content. Not more weapons or skins, there's enough of them already. I want something that would improve or at the very least change the way people play the game. Faction diversity would be nice but 90% of the playerbase would cry about X being OP so this aint gonnah happen. I want this:

- finished Reseource Revamp
    - finished mission system
    - improved leadership tools (at least a laser pointer goddamit)
    - base benefits revamp
    - lattice changes
    - improved VR
    - diversified base capture conditions
    - and so on...

It's not like all of this has to be implemented, even one of those things would be great to see. But so far none of this ever happened, instead we are being flooded with skins and guns since release.
    • Up x 1
  13. AlterEgo

We can only hope. With time, results will either appear or keep away from existing. It'll tell us.
  14. XsolarflareX

I just wish they would stop giving us timelines. It's a double edged sword, that can more often than not hurt regardless of the outcome.
    I'm all for the revitalization and finish of stage three resource revamp, I think it would be great.
    That's just me though. One guy. in reality, it will cause way more issues than it fixes. It's been how long now on stage two?. A year, maybe a bit more.? They have basically missed the boat on a timely release . All the people that initially wanted that change have moved on because of it not happening. The people still playing are used to the system we have, broken or not. Change that and you risk losing a whole new demographic of people from your game, and lets face it, losing more people is not what we need. Player base is already shrinking fast, we don't need to help it along.
    If they want to roll out changes, start small. Do a few things that make everyone happy. (Vehicles ejecting passengers and pilots a thousand feet into the air is a good one, though there are many, many others) fix bugs and get the game rolling smoothly before jumping in to finish off something that may just alienate a mass of your remaining players.
  15. Dj Gus

Smedley? After this latest "incident" with a few certain reptile individuals, he took out his reddit and twitter accs...
    I'm sure (?) someone will step up to his words about the direction this game is going.
  16. Ximaster

Are u sure about this??? Where is the source??? Why not ps4????
  17. OldMaster80

Didn't you learn anything from mr Big Boss? If he says September it doesn't mean you're gonna have the patch in that month. It means in September he will start to outline the concept of the game update, so it will go live MAYBE summer next year.
  18. AlterEgo

Secretly, I have come from the future. I became the President of futuristic America, took over Mars, and made the game myself, complete with VR hats and nuclear explosions.
  19. NinjaKirby

[IMG]

In before someone points out we're actually waiting on Phase 3. Although I'm pretty sure the abolition of Mechanized/Infantry/Air resources was the first step... because having a constant infinite flow of resources regardless of activity is the BEST thing to settle on for ******' months on end.
  20. Pikachu

Planetside 2 2.0... until there's final resource revamp done, ICL done and meta done it's not 1.0. -.-