[Suggestion] Seperate Leaderboard for Aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meserion, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Meserion

Aircraft moves really fast and realistically if they are on the leaderboard in a particular hex it basically camping either armor or infantry which if you're a Liberator or Valkyrie, that is fine, but if you're an ESF, there is something wrong there. Since aircraft effectively operates in easily 4+ hexes in a short span (particularly ESFs), I think it is reasonable to have a separate leaderboard for players who fly or gun for the bulk of their play time. This would allow Avation players to get a better handle on their individual skill and see where they stack up against other players.

You could argue this game is not about kills, but Aircraft are nowhere near as disposable as infantry, thus kills do matter. the scoreboard would span the entire continent because the operational range of aircraft spans atleast quarter if not more of a continent.
  2. Towie

...now if you were to suggest a separate continent for aircraft, count me in ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

More than a different leaderboard we need a deeper stats system. At the moment in TAB we see kills and deaths and very little more.
    We need different stats:
    - Max Kills
    - Vehicles destroyed
    - Air deterrence
    - Repair
    - Point guard
    - Transport xp
    - Spotting
    - Explosives kill
    - Revive

The list could still be long.
    And we need Directives to count xp with a certain weapon, not just kills. Otherwise assist will mean nothing and killing with the Archer or with the C75 Viper will be treated the same way.
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

I would not mind a more in depth leaderboard. Or that leaderboards count more towards the fight instead of the hex.
    The thing is, I fly a lot, I enjoy it, I scout, I kill other crafts, I keep libs out so vehicles can move in, etc, however I'm often in another hex doing it because I can't stay in one hex at a time, that just motivates locks. So even if I score a big gal streak or kill a ton of tanks, just because I wasn't in the hex at the time, even if the enemy was in that hex I am contesting, I don't get a score contribution towards it. That rather miffs me.
  5. JohnGalt36

Maybe a leaderboard of shame for lolpods.
    • Up x 2