Sep 7 2016 medic tool buff is completely over the top

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Tanelorn

·All ranks of the medical applicator now revives soldiers at 100% health instead of just the final rank. (Does not apply to MAX units).

This is insanity. The max medic tool is massively overpowered the way it is, as it revives people to full health much quicker than it takes to heal an injury. NOW, even the lowest rank in the tool will revive people to full health. As a medic you might as well TK a wounded soldier because the revive to full health process is faster than the healing process, at any medic tool rank!

This is horribly unbalancing. It's hard enough to keep a KD above 1:1, and now even a BR1 can completely reverse a kill with one application of the med tool and no follow up healing. Offensive actions are now going to be MUCH more difficult as full health revives will happen much more often.

Remember, the medic doesn't just heal people, he COMPLETELY REVERSES KILLS. Time will tell but I foresee that this will be a major game changer to the detriment of smaller scale assaults.
  2. Niamar

Not being revived with a sliver of health is great. Now go kill the medics, nothing has changed in that regard.
  3. ohmikkie

Can't see this as being game breaking. It does not take long to max out the medic tool anyway.
  4. Halkesh

And what exactly changed ?
    Most medic you are facing have already maxed their medic tool. And since the change don't affect the max rank of medic tool, you can consider it has changed nothing. Except the grind for lower BR medic.

It's faster to TK then revive to full-heal someone ? Yes and no : he'll indeed be at 500hp much faster, but he'll lost all his shield for 10 sec and be disoriented a bit. So in order to make this soldier available for the fight the fastest possible, healing is better. Plus, you don't get xp by reviving TKed ally.
    Except maybe for the new infiltrator that ask for a medic while they stay cloaked : TK-revive is faster here.

About your K/D : a revive erase one death count if you didn't knew it yet.
    And what's about defender and attacker ? They both profit of this patch.

If you really fear medic make defender life too easy, you should check on my created thread : I've created a threat 1-2 year ago about the possibility to remove cadaver with knife and a special anti-revive grenade in order to make attrition war possible.
    • Up x 1
  5. LaughingDead

The only reason why healing is slow is so people don't stack up on one heavy and keep him alive through all hell.
  6. Aphlack

I think you're mental cause nothing really changes in this regard. Anyone with a brain who plays medic will max out this tool first anyway. The only guys you would see reviving without a max rank heal tool would be the guys farming certs to buy their max rank heal tool.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I'm just a bit peeved that I paid certs to max the tool on all my avatars, then this comes along.