Sensor Shield 4 might be good for LAs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Iridar51

CuteBeaver of the Infiltrators and I performed some in-game testing for unrelated stuff, but during that we found out that Motion Spotter detection is based on speed.

In short, as LA, if you're equipped with Sensor Shield 4, you can fly freely and remain undetected, as long as you're outside 20m of the spotter.

And you if you fly carefully and slow enough, you will can remain undetected even within 20m.

Here's Sensor Shield description, in case you're not familiar:

• Up x 2
  2. Sandpants

So no drifters.
  3. Iridar51

Why? I'd say it's the opposite; drifters are the only type of jet that can consistently pull off flying withing 20m in stealth mode. It doesn't have much vertical kick, and horizontal movement can be regulated. It's not like Drifters somehow have more speed than normal Jump Jets, cuz they don't.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dualice

Cool beans. Appreciated the clarification by yourself and CuteBeaver - wasn't quite sure of the difference between rank 3 and 4.

Just need to unlock the latter now :p
  5. Khallixtus

The only problem is that it's a rank 4 implant, and that drains energy like crazy. It also works really well for new Stalker infiltrators, but I didn't realise it could be so effective on LAs. Cool.