Semi-Auto Snipers

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ezaroo, Jul 25, 2015.

1. ezaroo

Having just auraxium the KSR (the TR x4 scope semiauto) I have to ask, does anyone really like these weapons (including the long range ones)? They are awakwardly shoehorned between SA scout rilfes and the BASRs, at longer ranges you need to decloak for too long for the kill (BASR better) at shorter ranges you can’t dodge fire because any movement will mean your CoF gets massive and its 60% chance you miss. So the TSAR (Ghost SAS-R) would get the kill quicker (one or two shots) and the vandal would allow you to move and still only need one more shot to kill. When you add the CoF bloom on each shot you get to the stage you cannot use the max fire rate even at point blank.

I think they really need something doing to them, I have three suggestions (you can pick/discuss which you like):

1, Increase the damage to 450 out to say 80 m, this has the effect of making them counter sniper weapons. You will OHK and infil out to 80 m but you will not kill any other class any quicker. It is still 1 head, 1 body, or 3 body. The one gain against other classes is obviously the 3 body shot kill range is now out to 80 m.

2, Significantly decrease the ADS moving CoF, pretty self explanatory. The problem here is you end up making the 4x one a better scout rifle if you aren’t careful. However if you keep the massive hipfire CoF you should keep the scout rifles useful at least. You could also make battle rifles and scout rifles open to all classes, so you have to play infi to get the “super scout rifle” 4x scope semiauto sniper rather than just all infis taking the semiauto when they wanted a scout rifle and making scout rifles obsolete.

3, Decrease the CoF bloom per shot so you can use the rate of fire. Obviously the downside here is you could end up making them too accurate but that shouldn’t be hard to avoid.

I personally favour option 1, since it is probably the best for the vs and tr infis who are forced to start with the long range semiautos and it adds an interesting new meta to the game. Take the semiauto sniper and you can destroy 10 snipers without reloading and very quickly but be much less effective against other classes compared to a BASR or a scout rifle.
    • Up x 2
  2. AnuErebus

Same opinion that I posted on reddit. I think they're some of the worst weapons in game. Between the obscenely high CoF bloom and the equally ridiculous recoil angle, on top of already high recoil and moving CoF values easily makes them some of the worst weapons in game. They wind up being more luck based than anything after the first couple shots and that just doesn't make for a useful or fun weapon. Their damage model is just fine, and they'd be perfectly fine if shooting them wasn't so much of a dice roll. DGC just needs to go ahead and make it so they're capable of landing multiple shots on a target and I'll be happy. Until then, they'll stay in the rubbish bin and I'll stick with automatics or bolt-actions.
    • Up x 1
  3. ezaroo

Yes it also doesn't help that the TR and the vanu basically need to use a semiauto to get the directive rifle when the NC don't. Yes the vanu have the phaseshift but really...

They just need to take the archer model an sound and give it stats exactly between the t2 and t3 rifles with 4x - 12x scopes. Simple basically no dev time and a quick balance on the difference between directives on different factions. I made a big post awhile ago about that...
  4. Ximaster

There are a lot of skilled players that manage bolt action sniper rifles perfectly. Two days ago in a game with my TR HA i face an enemy infiltrator INSIDE A BASE with SAS-R in medium distance,i have the T7 MCG,he starts to jump around while im trying to aim,two shoots of SAS-R and ive been died. He survived with half hp because aim is not a friend of T7 MCG...
  5. ezaroo

I am going to assume you didn't actually read the post, well done.

I was talking about semi-auto sniper rifles. NOT bolt actions... The bolt actions are fine... Ffs read before you make a "git gud scrub" post.
  6. Ximaster

This "git gud scrub poster" doesnt post anymore on your posts,go eat a **** and have fun :)
  7. I_am_the_kiwi

I like the KSR and their NC and vs equivalents. They play similar to the vandal but do more damage. Its a one head shot one body shot kill. Though its all situational i suppose. I mostly stuck with the KSR and phantom to train myself for the ghost and TSAR. Now i main the BASR. I will say my ksr and a well placed emp grenade can knock down so many enemies pushing through a single door.

-Kiwi
  8. Dualice

I do enjoy my KSR-35, but the more I use it the more I realize how unreliable its recoil is. From my experience it should sit somewhere between the versatility of the HSR-1 and the lethality of the TSAR-42, when in reality its wacky recoil, CoF bloom and atrocious muzzle velocity mean in most cases you're better off taking one of the other two (admittedly the TSAR has the same velocity).

I'd be inclined to go for the number 3 suggestion myself, though 1 could be kinda fun. Even boosting the muzzle velocity to 550 would be a start.
  9. Navron

The NC weapon that plays like the Vandal is the Shadow and it is garbage compared to the Vandal.
  10. I_am_the_kiwi

I was simply trying to state that KSR, Impetus, and Phantom play similar to the vandal. That is all. If you can play the vandal then you should be able to play the SASR cqc weapons.
  11. Navron

Dunno...IMO, the Shadow is way closer to the Vandal than the Impetus. I also don't think too highly of the Impetus. SAS-R is super dope but I think the play style between that are the Vandal are different if you're trying to be effective with them.
  12. asmodraxus

As soon as I've finished grinding my way trough the Spectre (300 to go) its going to the garbage bin and never being used again, whilst the T2 and T3 rifles will be used again.