Semi-auto or auto Scout Rifle, and why?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TheCF, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheCF

So, I'm pretty new to the game but feel like I'm advancing at a decent rate.
    Planning on getting an scout rifle med because standing in the distance just isn't my thing and I really like going in behind enemy lines and hack terminal and whatnot.
    Either way, what sort of Scout Rifle do YOU prefer? This isn't a "Help me choose!" thread because I know full well how to try a weapon ahead of buying it, but I still like hearing other persons opinions and whatnot. Sharing experiences and thoughts is fun!

TL;DR Semi-Auto or Automatic Scout Rifle, Discuss!
  2. Shuuda

I've been using both of them, and while I have not formed a full definite opinion I'm liking the Semi-Auto version. It kills in two headshots, which is isn't hard to get if you sneak up on them. Using it takes some getting used to, but it feels familar to the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles so if you play Inf a lot then you might get the hang of it faster than others might. It works well with a range of different scopes.

The Full Auto is good for support fire while travelling with my squad. However, there're times when the damage is a little too less than I'd like. You really ahve to hit the enemy with almost the entire round. That said, I've not got any upgrades for this gun yet.

My general advice for using these guns is don't expect to be the equal of other classes in toe-to-toe combat. Don't hestitate to run from a fight if you don't feel like you'll win. In general, I find these weapons mostly reliable and make moving inside bases easier. Sneaking up to someone with a knife might make your ****** feel big, but I just prefer to use the Scout Rifle from a distance just to be on the cautious side.
  3. TheCF

It feels like we're of the same mindset then. I really like sneaking into the base and kill my enemies within relatively short distance, but not knifing (if that's a word?) them. I want to be the guy on the other side of the road who lands a few shots in your head before recloaking and moving to a new position and doing the same while unnoticed.

Problem is that with the semi-auto snipers I seem to have a problem scoring two headshots. First shot connects, but after recoil the target has already begun to run away and I'm fearing that it might be the same with the semi-auto scout... getting the auto with a laser dot and loading a clip into an opponent's head seems much safer and easier achieved to me, but I might be wrong.
  4. Benton!

Look to be honest, if you are NC get the Rebel handgun, I think it's a better buy because having that + a bolt action makes you useful anywhere. A scout rifle only makes you useful in close range. Both are underpowered at the moment.

About getting 2 head shots with the semi-auto one, its really hard to do, when I used it, I just went for body shots, but it's 4 body shots to kill a light/med/engi so really, not worth it.