Secret Nerf happened.. Gatekeeper.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TheRunDown

I'm not saying it's noticeable or broken the Gatekeeper, but one of the 3 mini patches since GU36 the Gatekeeper got a VERY SMALL! Projectile Speed and CoF Nerf somewhere. (Maybe a very, very small damage nerf? I'll have to test it again, I have the Original TTK on a Sunderer in a video clip.) Anyway..

Now I'm not saying I care or anything, it's still the best Long Range AV weapon, but I think patch notes should of contained the nerf.. But it's very noticeable since the first day it came out when used it then and now trying to relive that experience. I was wrecking NC and VS from The Palisade, attacking/defending East Canyon Check Point all the way to Briggs Laboratories towards the warpgate on release (Some thing TR couldn't do as well as NC or VS in that spot before the Gatekeeper.), now it takes much more effort to lead the shots.

Again! I'm not bothered by it, I just would of liked it to have been in the patch notes, cause if it was anything else, it would of looked like Christmas came early if it was any other Weapon..
  2. Ronin Oni

They likely didn't want an uproar of upset TR that their GK was now ruined.

Even though the difference is minimal and likely doesn't really change it much.

It's even possible that it was "glitched" to be faster than intended and they fix brought it down to the stated 500m/s....

But I couldn't say if that was it or not, but that'd be a reason to try and silently fix it....

otherwise... they just didn't want to cause an uproar... so goodjob...

#inB4ComplaintsOfBrokenGK
  3. CMDante

Can someone get into the files and see if anything has changed? I'd be interested to see.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stormsinger

Given that the patch was rushed to the point where you could enter conquest mode on Indar on release (along with a number of test-server-ony things that weren't intended to go live) I imagine there's a number of things floating around that shouldn't be. I hope to see patch notes one way or another soon, even if they are just bug fixes for unintentionally implemented things.
  5. CMDante

Agreed.
  6. TheMish

If they did, then at this point, I hope whoever changed the gk breaks both their hands.
  7. Ronin Oni

Case in point to my first post.
    • Up x 6
  8. CorporationUSA

I don't take "it feels harder to use" very seriously, and neither should anyone else. Why would you, unless you're just looking for an opportunity to raise a fuss? Let's see proof of this nerf.
    • Up x 12
  9. TheRunDown

Not sure of the exact distance from The Palisade to Briggs Laboratories is, but it was ridiculously easy to kill people two bases away on release. :)

As I say, the Nerf itself doesn't bother me, I just like to read the patch notes to show they have recognition of problems and fixes, see how it was, and how it is now.

The Gatekeeper is still easily the best thing to ever happen to TR, (Well since we lost lazer beam G30 Vulcan on Prowler) and I know that all the TTKs of the Secondary weapons are all the same, I've even proved it. It's their performance in different scenarios that separates them. (That and the Aphelion is just an out right Vulcan clone, Shame on the Devs! SHAME ON THEM! The Aphelion is the Vulcan after it's 3rd attempt to make it useful, so like 2 versions ago.. SHAME ON THEM BOOO!)

My only complaint about the Gatekeeper is the Smoke trail it leaves on the gunners screen is too much.
    The Smoke's thickness need Nurfing! Can't see S&%$ when firing at long distant targets, it's thicker than the AV Mana Turrets.. :) The Smoke trail lingers around to long if you get what I mean..
  10. Jubikus

I dont care if they nerf it as long as it still functions for its intended roll. The weapon came out the game a little too strong not by too much were not talking ZOE levels of broken but too strong none the less likely do to it being underwhelming to people testing it on PTS. The PTS was likely underwhelming because they were probably just shooting things in VR training and compared to the other 2 new weapons the thing took far longer to kill but it wasnt made to be compared to them and therefor wasnt balanced quite right.

Personally if there was indeed a nerf and it was to COF and Velocity ide be a little sad as i was hoping if a nerf came it would be to fire rate and damage instead as my favorite part of the weapon is its accuracy and velocity which just makes it a dream to shoot.
    • Up x 1
  11. Villanuk

Well i must admit, it didn't feel right today long range or close i missing quite a lot, compared to the first day but i put that down to lag?
  12. Shatteredstar

I don't really notice much diff. Still does the job and works.

Still waiting for fractures to be good instead of getting vehicle guns.
  13. xSalt

This is exactly how I feel, regardless of what they change they need to announce it in patch notes. It frustrates me to no end to start up the game, download a patch, log in, ask what was changed and here a resounding response of nothings, and I don't knows.

Every patch should have patch notes stating exactly what was done, regardless of how small, in my opinion.
    • Up x 3
  14. Moridin6

oh snap youre gonna have to use some skill to land those shots now, just like my vanu brethren ;)
  15. Danath

A tiny nerf? You are complaining about that? I feared a Vulcan/Striker/Fracture nerf! :p
  16. Ransurian

Haven't you heard? The Fracture is actually a great weapon, and TR only think it's bad because they aren't using it properly.
    • Up x 1
  17. Shatteredstar

To be fair when I shoot fractures at infantry they do come charging at me more so I can work on auraxium max punch. That's what they are for right? Drawing infantry in.
    • Up x 1
  18. thebigbortishbort

i thought something was different with the COF , i thought i was going crazy , an otherwise unnoticeable nerf if there was one , though weirdly enough i cant tell any difference in the stats , spooky.
  19. Jubikus

yeah the weapons fine they have been taking the bit by bit approach to things lately tho notice how the striker never got buffed into being an powerhouse nope it got small buff after small buff like 4 times and now its ok i mean alot of people still wont use it but its a nice well rounder if your worried slightly more about making air go away quickly than you are about maxes.
  20. TheMish

Maybe you're behind.

In that case, hope you break your hands too.