Sea bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Oct 2, 2022.

1. RabidIBM

They need good spawns before there can be any hope of a good fight. I feel like I'm specifying that if you don't eat breakfast you might not have a productive day at work. It's something that nobody is going to specify, yet it's expected.

The spawns at sea bases are absolute junk. Sunderers, this games most common spawn vehicle, are unusable. Lodestars die quickly because Lodestars. Then the base spawn is complete junk, even if I grab the specific tactical thing I still get shot while I'm completely exposed by people who are set up in cover in the rocks below. It is impossible to get out of the spawn room in any meaningful way once the attackers are established. Finally, boats don't do anything for faction spawns. Water bases...boats...water themed continent...only continent with boats...water bases...boats...should I make them interact? This feels like that episode of The Simpsons: "DENTAL PLAN!" "Lisa needs braces" "DENTAL PLAN!" "Lisa needs braces"
    • Up x 2
  2. shoguncawwill

a lot of the alphabetical bases need to at least be 3 to 4 nodes under the warter and its too quick for the defender to respond to the force attacking.
    note review coral placement and vallys

towers just need some tella rooms from the bottom of the base with more nodes in the warter or how the current containment sights work.
    note Kiss and work with what you have
  3. AuricStarSand

I believe the pts update happens to mention water spawns. Also sinking utility.

Underwater bases would be sweet. Real flooded bases, sunken submarines, or tunnels with kelp forests.

The seaport links are still ignored. Suggest alter the links attempt #3.

The Trident & seaports have zero synergy.

& boats require more purpose.