SCUs in a few regular bases now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Pikachu

Something not mentioned in the patch noted is that a few small bases on Indar at least, have their own SCU now. I saw one at Crossroads and Hydroponics. Sadly I didnt get to have any real fight there to see what it wad like but I hope this is going to be the new norm. I have wanted this for a long time.
    • Up x 8
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

I haven't been able to go to Indar all today on Emerald. So I haven't noticed. Thats how I know this patch was a success.
    • Up x 6
  3. Pikachu

Cobalt didnt have a queue to Hossin even.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hotbread

I hate SCUs. Just when a fight is getting good a bunch of maxes go to the SCU room and end the fight right then.
  5. Ribero

Yeah, there's a small SCU room outside of the Ti Alloys Spawn Room too.

Didn't stick around long enough to see if the shields for it went down, when the base was near capped though.
  6. HadesR

Can also Shoot out of some Tower spawn rooms again ..Indar Ex for example
  7. Ken Photon

Huh... Should be interesting. I haven't seen any smaller bases with SCUs yet, but I think this will be a cool change, to shake up the spawn mechanics a little. Now people can use Gals more often. I'm optimistic about this change.

On a side note:

That text is not yellow, yet it's from Pikachu... Something's not right here...
    • Up x 4
  8. Taemien

Been playing on Hossin too much to notice. Will have to check this out.

I have been suggesting this for a bit now, looks like they do listen.
    • Up x 1
  9. Silkensmooth

I think this is great. The whole spawnroom warrior thing was ridiculous.
    • Up x 5
  10. MorteDeAmgelis

Interesting. They used to have something like this before during Beta where every outpost would have its own SCU. The problem was that Outfits would go 2 - 3 bases ahead and just kill all the SCUs before anyone would arrive and ghost cap loads of Hexs.

I suppose with the limitation that you can only destory gens at bases you have a lattice link to would provided more "secondary" objectives for people to go after. Curious as to how this will affect gameplay and the likes.
    • Up x 2
  11. HadesR

Well the couple I noticed are in new separate buildings with shielded doors .. It's looks like those doors are tied to the cap bar ( like a Tech plants SCU shields ) so you can't just blow the gen without first capping the base ..
    • Up x 1
  12. Jeslis

errr.. if its tied to cap time like tech/amp.. then F that ****.

Needs to either have a seperate gen that attacks can get to easier then the point.. or it by itself can be just overloaded and destroyed, but again, easier (or the same) difficulty as getting to and holding the point.
  13. Hicksimus

I don't know who you are or how you got Pikachu's account but I agree with you.
    • Up x 3
  14. Scr1nRusher

they should add them to all bases
    • Up x 2
  15. Taemien

There's more than that limiting it. SCUs are behind shields that drop only when you have the base halfway captured. Its pretty much a compromise to those who like doing their last stands.
  16. Scr1nRusher

SCU all the bases!
    • Up x 6
  17. Ronin Oni

^This

I'd tie it to capture progress (>50% minimum) and place it close to the spawn room or one of it's teleport exits so it's easy for active defenders to defend/repair.

Any time there would be a spawn camp, instead spawn is disabled forcing defenders to fall back.
    • Up x 5
  18. RHINO_Mk.II

During beta, each base had a spawn terminal destroyable with infantry weapons. Naturally the GOD SAW was the best candidate for unloading lead into them. I miss those days.
  19. Lord_Avatar

About damn time! Outfit *every* base with an SCU, provide shield generators and make the SCU itself invulnerable until the attackers manage to half-cap the facility.
    • Up x 3
  20. Tommyp2006

He's mentioned before that he doesn't bother changing the color when he posts from his phone.
    • Up x 2