scumbags in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Apr 14, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

Most players in PS2 like an honest battle, but i see some BR100s who are just intent on farming and not fighting. I label these players dishonorable scumbags.

Examples:
    Snipers (as a whole) but especially snipers who camp vehicle spawns.
    Infiltrators who camp turrets in order to kill engies repairing them.

Other examples?
  2. FateJH

Denying the enemy assets.
    Denying the enemy assets.
    • Up x 36
  3. Jawarisin

Shotguns, tomcats. Though I don't agree with the ones you said.
  4. Ballto21

[IMG]
    • Up x 24
  5. DrPapaPenguin

Other examples = me :D

Hear that? That's the sound of an ESF on a strafing run, under fire, with the pilot bailing to drop C4 on your tank.
    • Up x 1
  6. 70g50

People who think their playstyle is the only legit...
    • Up x 22
  7. Archiadus

You, players that think that their way of playing is the only right way to play this game.

The thing that I like about PS2 is that you can do whatever you want whenever you want and in any way that you want to do it, if you don't like how player X kills you then you'll have to get better at the game so that you can beat player X's way of playing. :)

I hate a lot of things that players do to get the kill on me but that doesn't give me the right to call 'dishonorable scumbags' ;)
    • Up x 6
  8. chevyowner

Some of the small things that bother me are all cause by 'ally' players. The game itself is great it's player attitude that does it.

If an engineer drops and ammo pack with in 60 seconds there will always be another one drops to deny the player that was there first. For me at least I don't bother dropping ammo packs anymore as there is no point.

If you are thinking but your help your side by supplying ammo. Well no only the pack that was dropped last does anything. This also applies to shield regen bubbles. There are other players that will shot a mine or turret just so they can place something there.
  9. EViLMinD

I hate veh terminal campers and wraith-flash+c4 creeps.... But, I don't cry about. I just do my best to counter such tactics. All that can be done.

Get a dark light for a gun and some radar darts and go hunting. It's rewarding to be the only person to eliminate a terminal camper. Far too many are oblivious to these people. When I get killed while trying to order a veh, I come back ready to hunt the pr!ck down. Everyone should react that way. Floors me when I'm the only one.
  10. Jawarisin

There's deep hatred for the NC way of life though...
  11. Jake the Dog

Jawarisins lib
    :p
    • Up x 1
  12. Jake the Dog

C4 flash guys are funny as hell. When 6 MBTs cant kill my magrider here comes the ***** flash to the rescue XD
    • Up x 3
  13. Jake the Dog

Also Jawa my mag needs a gunner and I can also get you in touch with someone who might be able to help you with the current air balance
  14. Jawarisin

Bah, as far as air balance goes, I can still kill most players in the air. It's not like I'm suddenly bad at it or that I can't adapt. It's just not as fun and the skill ceiling is way lower now. Hell, I don't even care about tomcats anymore; the airgame is so broken that i don't even give a darn anymore. I'm myself now pulling raven/pounder/comet maxes with my ressources.

Hit me up whenever you're in game, and I'll come gunning for you.
  15. Ballto21

I think the only real DISHONORABRU thing in the game is heavy assault with shotguns, simply because youre a class that has almost double hp than everyone else using a ohk weapon.

other than that, medics not reviving when theres no immediate action that would **** either the medic or revivee
    • Up x 3
  16. EViLMinD

They just hate freedom.

Corporate liberty > wacko space Jesus zealotry OR gingerized commie despotism
    • Up x 3
  17. Schizomatic

As an Infiltrator that will snipe you off a terminal and stab you in the back while you're repairing your Prowler, I must laugh evilly.
    • Up x 4
  18. Vorpal_Spork

Hey all snipers aren't like that. I'm not good enough with a controller, but in PC games I snipe from the front lines.

That's an oxymoron.

Blowing it up and/or hacking it and then going to cap a point is also denying the enemy assets and actually helps your faction instead of just padding your stats.
    • Up x 2
  19. Leftconsin

I'm sorry I don't live up to your code of honor.
    • Up x 2
  20. FBVanu

Snipers that cover recently blown up AA/AV Turrets, are some of the most important contributors to capping a base...
    Those turrets can be repaired in 40 seconds.. and then they take out infantry, Sundys, MBTS etc.. all that is necessary to approach the base, and ultimately take the base.
    Far too often have I seen entire attacks fall apart, because nobody bothered to keep those turrets down.. It's nice when I can take them out with my tank, move our approach further along, only to then see that the turret is back up, and now it is taking out half our team...
    Most tanks should focus on cover fire to entry/exits of the base buildings, to allow our team to get in, without being shot in the back by the defenders... I keep that doorway covered .. but then I get blown up by a turret that should not exist anymore.. that is poor planning and bad execution. I should not have to watch a turret every 10 seconds with a high value asset, such as a tank, when one sniper can do that for several turrets with ease.
    One sniper can become a hugely effective and valuable asset in that regard.

If one sniper can ensure that no enemy vehicles will spawn at a near-by base (and most bases are too close together), then that one sniper is a genius, mostly un-accredited, but nonetheless almost indispensable. They keep the enemy from spawning a Sundy zerg to overrun our attack, they keep our backs clear and generally have a great spotting value, that has saved me countless times from getting shot in the abracadabra...

THANK YOU SNIPERS... the unsung heroes of any battle, real life or game.

You may not understand their value, you may not like their existence, but just because you don't understand it, does not mean that they are 'scumbags'... or that their tactics are any less valuable than any others.
    • Up x 7