Screen tearing at all settings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShadowSkulkerer, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ShadowSkulkerer

It's only when I move the camera. It even happens on the map screen when I move around. It's very consistent. I've tried capping frames in the .ini, I've tried v sync and setting my graphics to low. My frame rate should be fine so I don't know what's causing it.
  2. stalkish

do you have latest graphics drivers installed?
  3. Tankalishious

Are you running SLI/CF? If yes, This game doesn't like it, try to disable it.
  4. BatmanApollo

LOOOL

just look at your HZ at monitor. If it 75 hz LOCK the frame rate to 73-72. If it 60 to 58.
    easy.
    Next time before to write stupid qustion lern the topic.....
  5. JonnyBlue

Nothing wrong with a guy asking a question stop being a tool.
    • Up x 3
  6. Nabutso

I get screen tearing only in true fullscreen. Playing in windowed fullscreen may act as a workaround for you, however, brightness settings aren't available in windowed fullscreen, which may make the game too dark (windowed fullscreen uses your desktop color/brightness settings).
  7. hollowed

What you need is vertical sync or adaptive vertical sync enabled on your GPU. This will sync your framerate to your monitor refresh rate and should fix it.
  8. ShadowSkulkerer

Nor does adaptive sync work GPU applied settings is the first thing I tried. I will try the monitor settings thing.
    Aaand my monitor has 59 or 60hz. It was set at 59 already. I'll try 60
  9. BatmanApollo

You need to make not minus1 but minus 2 from your HZ. And all will be fine! And never turn on any type of sync for shooters - it gaves you input lag!
  10. OllieBeanz

I know this is an old thread, but it came up when I searched after trying everything to get rid of screen tearing in PS2 without having to resort to vsync. The only thing that worked for me was Nabutso's suggestion of switching off full screen. Worked like a charm. Thank You.
  11. JibbaJabba

I put a bug over in the bug forum but it could use a +1 vote and bump.

The bug:
    Vsync is a lie.

Repro steps:
    Launch game with vsync enabled.
    I observe Ingame FPS = 250+, monitor framerate 165 (vsync not working)
    Uncheck vsync.
    Recheck vsync.
    Ingame FPS = 165, same as monitor. (vsync working)
    Exit game, relaunch.
    It's back to 250+ (not working)