[Suggestion] Scrambler Gun

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Backf1re, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Backf1re

This is a suggestion for the tool slot of the LA class, and is not a weapon.

Essentially the LA is a guerilla style offensive class, unique with it's JJs to flank and move in ways conventional classes cannot. With this principle, it is only logical to use a tool which suits the game play, this is where the scrambler gun enters the battlefield.

The scrambler gun will be a tool which shoots darts that on impact, disrupts the enemies mini map, causing static interference which affects those who are within the range of the dart. It will have the same characteristics as the infiltrators recon gun, where the friendlies will see a small blip on the map indicating the AOE, while the enemies will hear a crackling electric arc sound.

For the sake of balance, the range will typically be short, by default the AOE radius will be 5m and a duration of 10 seconds. The cert tree for the tool will also be similar, where you can increase the duration of effect, range and ammo pool of darts.

Below is an example of what it will look like when your within the range of the dart. Where the mini map is interfered with static.
    http://i.imgur.com/PtLIt8S.jpg

I would really like to hear your opinions and suggestions about this, and don't forget to like the post if you think the idea is good.

Cheers,
    Backf1re.
  2. Iridar51

On the topic, how any of this has anything in common with LA? Strategic assault is not equal to sabotage. Sabotage is what infils do.
  3. Ghoest

If anything i see this decreasing game fun over all.
  4. Wolfwood82

I see potential for a new meta-game system.

I always thought PS1 should have had tiered radar systems and ways to counter them. This could function along the same lines.

It would create some conflict between infils and LAs in bases, LAs planting these things and infils countering them with their own. Information is as important in battle as the weapon you hold.

On the other hand, people want easy game play and, despite the cries for a meta game, don't seem terribly interested in complex background systems and more problems to worry about and solve. Probably why the DEVs haven't done too much for it in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kayth

I would support this idea, but it seems like anything to do with disruption or recon is generally considered an Infil trait. If we did inherit it thought, ( I don't believe all forms of disruption are mutually exclusive with LA) I would gladly use it.
  6. Evil Monkey

Sounds like a infil tool to me.