Scout rifles, REALLY need buffs (please see)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ThElement078, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Flarestar

All scout rifles are terrible at the moment, full auto or semi. The COF and recoil on them means that unless your barrel is literally in the other player's body or they're afk your chances of killing with them is excessively low.
  2. MasterMeNL

True, I have both the auto (SOAS-20, Reflex Sight x2) and semi-auto (HSR-1, Red Dot x3.4) and the SOAS is just bad, it's really hard to make two kills with one magazine since you usually fire 3-4 more rounds before you notice that the enemy has died. It's recoil is also just ridiculous. I think it requires a slight damage boost (5 bullets instead of 7-8, it should be weaker than an real assault rifle imo) and definitely recoil reduction. Magazine should at least be upgradeable to 25-30 rounds, 20 is just too little. They should also increase the ammo pool.

The HSR on the other hand is quite good already, it's just the extreme recoil and small ammo pool that don't make the fun last for long. I'm planning to buy the suppressor, but does this reduce damage at <100m ranges? And how is the compensator on it? Is it actually noticeable or what? 150 certs and no way to trial it, weapon trials are great but there should be trials for certed things too! (Claymores, alternate grenades, etc).
  3. Flarestar

The compensator is noticeable if you blast off the entire semi-auto clip rapidly, but the problem with that is you'd only do that at close range - even at medium range, due to the accuracy on the semi-auto rifles you can't fire fast enough for the compensator to take effect and still have any hope of accuracy.

That's actually my issue with both the auto and semi-auto scout rifles. In virtually every case where I'd use one, I'd rather just use the pistol.
  4. blzbug

Firing a weapon makes you show up on the minimap if you are within X distance of someone.
    The suppressor keeps you from showing up on the minimap, at the expense of larger bullet drop.
    The compensator helps recoil, but it DOUBLES the range at which you show up on the map.

Both the scout rifles are junk, imo. The big problem with them is that we are BETA testing them. They only came out with 2 weeks left in beta, and they were so expensive that hardly anybody ever used one. They tsuck and SOE never got proper feedback about how tsucky they are. They arrived late in beta b/c SOE was taking away our blessed shotguns and knew they needed something to fill the void. Unfortunately, we got a substandard replacement. The scout rifle is just ok at medium distance and is worthless up close. For medium distance, you're just a sniper with a lower power scope. What's the point? For close range, we need a good weapon, like the shotgun or a good SMG. We got krap. Hopefully SOE will improve them now that they are getting feedback on scout rifle's poor quality.