Scout rifles, REALLY need buffs (please see)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ThElement078, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ThElement078

They suck, a total waste of 700 station cash, so here's a list of suggestions to fix these weapons,

Full-auto scout rifles (stalker, soas-20 etc.) :

ABSOLUTELY NEEDS A MAGAZINE BUFF. 20 ROUND MAGS FOR THAT HIGH A RATE OF FIRE? SERIOUSLY!!!! Because of this it's horrible at mid range, this is the most important thing to take note of.

REALLY NEEDS A DAMAGE BUFF. Even at close ranges it's a peashooter, 5-7 shots to take someone down? It should at least be a 4-shot kill

ACCURACY BUFF. It's inaccurate even at close ranges, 'nough said.

Change of recoil patrerns : Decrease horizontal recoil and slightly increase vertical recoil so that it's more rewarding for those who know how to control the guns kick.

The Rest of Post will be posted later.
  2. Ribonucleic Acid

i love cloaker. i think that their playstyle can be changed to be awesome. and fixing scout rifles can remedy this. at the moment, most infils play sniper and never support the group they are with. sniper is not the main playstyle of infiltrator. it is a support class for lowering shields, getting headshots and killing important targets like medics and hacking terminals for faction use (the most important, and most overlooked aspect of infiltrator). if you give them a decent gun to use at close-medium range, i think they would fix their playstyle to support and ambush, as it is supposed to be. right now, all cloak is good for is from moving from cover to cover at long ranges as to not be seen until you are out of the vision cone of most of a squad to pick a few off. it should be used as a tool to get directly into a squad of infantry and cause chaos and kill an important target.

just my two certs.
  3. Aktarus

to be honnest i can deal with the stalker magazine , but the recoil is just ridiculous ... i think thats the first time in my 33 years old gamers life that i missed a full clip on a med range mobile target just because i didnt realize that the aiming/Recoil is so broken with this gun that you have to fire 2 meters in front of your target to register a few hit on it even if you're close , i have to compensate more with this gun at close range than my sniper at very very long range........

and the damage completely sucks , i dont see why with a such small ammo clip we cant get a decent dps output , we are weaker than a light assault soldier so we should have at least the same dps than them if we choose to sacrify the sniper rifle to play with a full auto gun at close range ... but no , TR beginner semi auto pistol can kill faster than a 700 SC full auto carbine fully upgraded .
  4. Draegnar

I attempted to use the 10 round semi auto scout rifle that claimed it had max damage, i proceeded to die 15 times in a row to easy 1 on 1 engagements so i can agree with this totally, they don't do damage, they aren't accurate, small clips its just trash.

I swapped to the semi-auto genuine sniper rifle that comes without a scope that is MUCH much better, accurate and fairy powerful so i can recommend that to people who genuinely wanted a closer range rifle like the scout rifles advertise.
  5. Shuuda

I'm not sure that's how you're meant to use them to be honest. The inf isn't really a class built for engaging enemies head on one versus one. The Scout Rifles were probably designed to not be as strong as Carbines or LMG etc in a fight. I find the semi-auto pretty good when I get the jump on an enemy.

The non scoped bolt action certainly looks interesting, but also unweildy and too loud. I'll defiantely give it a go though since I got one in the infantry bundle.
  6. Timeraider

the thing is in the name.. INFILTRATOR, i know its all about snipers and i love snipers to death. But if we were only made to snipe, they could yust call it Sniper instead of Infiltrator :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Dcrd

Agreed. IMO Artemis is the only gun which can offer a different playstyle, it requires player to be good tho, because of low clip size. I'd like to see more ammo on this gun with the same clip size. ATM it's 12 kills max against 30 kills max with a stock rifle.

V10 or XM98 for oneshotters - not a big difference atm, people aim for stationary targets only anyway.

So it seems to me that stock rifle is the best atm. It's good on any range, tho having some problems between close and melee range, have alot of ammo and you can land a second bullet with it before first hit the target, so it's not a big difference from v10.

And I want my shotgun back.
    • Up x 1
  8. Incarnadine

The auto is bad for the above reasons... but buffing all three reasons would make it OP.

Two would be just perfect. Little harder and little more accurate, or more accurate and more mag, etc.
  9. Hadrian

i want a shotgun back , cqc sucks without them you are dead as soon as spotted
  10. Apina

Ghost is the best.
  11. Shuuda

To me, the word inflitrator implies sneaking and surprise attacks, not going toe to toe with a HA or LA. Hence why the Rifles probably are outmatched in a 1 v 1 fight.
  12. Incarnadine

Even sneaking and surpsising an HA (or anyone really) chances are high you will be pwned anyways. They really suck.
  13. FenixStryk

I spent a short time with a trial SOAS-20 and I have to agree. I would have been very happy if it was just a carbine, but compared to the Repeater it had a smaller clip, slightly worse hip-fire accuracy and seemingly worse damage. I can't see this weapon as being worth 1000 cert points.

I am getting some use out of my standard issue Sniper Rifle, but I'd really love to find a mid-range replacement to help me in engagements just outside of pistol range...
  14. MasterMeNL

I completely agree with this, using a SR-7 (bolt) at close range and switching to the secondary is almost as effective as a real scout rifle, what the hell is up with that?
  15. ThElement078

I disagree, the rifle is crap even if you ambush an enemy and jeez, IT COSTS 1000 CERTS, it should at least be worth it, besides how the heck can you sneak up on somebody when you have such HORRIBLE CLOAKING, and this gun should compensate also how fragile the infiltrator is, like a GLASS CANNON, high damage but quite fragile.

2nd part of list starts here:
    Suggestions for semi-auto scout rifles (shadow etc.)
    More damage, 4 shot kill? It needs to be at least a 3 shot, I was expecting a semi-auto sniper rifle with reflex sights, boy was I WRONG!!!
    Higher ROF: It feels like a pump action, It should at least have the ROF of the semi-Auto snipers or the MAG-SHOT.
    (MAY (emphasis on MAY) be OP if combined with more damage)

Recoil decrease: It has a really strong kick, it should really be weakened.

Devs, I really hope you consider this because these guns really ruin the fun for infiltrator and give it barely a chance at close-range
  16. gunshooter

Holy hell that's an insane amount of hyperbole.

The rifle itself is not that bad aside from the 20 round mag. It beats out almost every default weapon at mid-range, and at close range you can kill people with it, though it's not as good as many other weapons in CQC. Still, it is an INSTAGIB if you are hip-firing from point blank, or if you are ADS at someone who is just outside of point blank range. It also has next to no recoil - have you ever even used weapons that actually have recoil in this game? The auto scout rifles have just about the minimum amount of recoil that you can get in this game.

All it needs is a buff to clip size, because it's really punishing if you miss a few shots, and. 30 instead of 20 bullets would be fine.

What you want sounds like a Cycler TRV or something. Not gonna happen man, sorry. A truly godly CQC weapon on Infiltrator would be ridiculously overpowered, there's a reason shotgun Infiltrators were removed.

The semi auto rifle does need a buff though.
  17. Wrek

I use the scout rifle as my main weapon. i have both the stalker and the shadow. they both takes time getting used to but the stalker with a forward grip and compensator, plus maybe the 2x reflex is deadly accurate so those 20 bullets you got (which feels a bit low, would prefer say 25) can easely kill.

the shadow however works better at medium to long range (but not as logn as a sniper rifle) where you can easely pick off peoples heads while they try to hit you with burst fire. the 4 or 6x scope works ratehr well on this one. I am considerign a few recoil reductors here aswell once I can afford them so you get mroe time aiming between shots ratehr than recoil compensating.

In addition: running around with a camo appropriate to the continent, say amerish and hiding in bushes ambushign people with the stalker is veeeery satisfying. dont come with that "they can just Q and see you" ******** because people basically never do it. heck I managed to sit in the same bush picking people off without getting noticed untill i ran out of ammo and began knifing people instead. it was right by the cap point aswell so all the silly vanu kepts standing next to me.
  18. Wrek

forgot to mention: you got to adapt your style to the weapons mechanics of your choosing. pickign the 20 round automatic and handlign it like a carbine or LMG is plain wrong and will most definetly get you killed.
  19. Mansen

Oh you mean all the baseless whining from people who can't stand being killed at "kissing distance" by a class that can barely become as transparent as smoked glass. Yeah that sounds about right.

I'm not even kidding - people were raging for all the wrong reason. Sure shotguns are deadly in close quarters - but that goes for all classes. If an infiltrator can sneak up on you without you noticing the uncloak sounds (or the barely transparent infiltrator that was stupid enough to try and sneak right past you.

Now I haven't tried scout rifles yet so I'll reserve judgement on that, but I do believe that Infiltrators need a CQW to be able to do any kind of infiltration knee deep in enemies inside of an enemy base - especially as long as cloaking is next to useless.
  20. gunshooter

Only bad players say those types of things about cloaking. Really, really bad players who run right up into peoples faces and wonder why they got spotted. Sorry man :(

The whole "cloaking sucks" thing is just a myth perpetuated by inept individiuals, and the hivemind has come to accept it as "fact."