Scout Rifle is My Baby

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ghostloadout, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Ghostloadout

The absolutely HUGE amount of ammo that the scout rifles come with right now is amazing, as well as the buff to long range damage. Ammo capacity, I couldn't care less about, but you can down 3 targets now at any range without having to reload. I honestly think that this "New" scout rifle is probably the best all-purpose weapon currently for infiltrators. What do you guys think about the new changes?
    • Up x 2
  2. MasterTater

Which one are you talking about exactly? The Full auto or the Semi auto?
  3. Bape

im sure hes talking about the auto but 24 is just not gonna cut it.
  4. Manetheren

YES! They are the best thing ever now, and way better than SMG's purely due to the range you can use them at :)
  5. pnkdth

I couldn't agree more. Scout rifles are perfect now, not some spray and pray SMG bunny hop ez mode, but rewards precision and skill instead.
    • Up x 1
  6. Antich

While buffing the range of scout rifles(while reducing the CQC accuracy) they left no room for the low scope semi-auto snipers. They compete for the same role now with the scouts having the bandwagon behind them after getting a buff(pseudobuff even).
  7. TeknoBug

24+225 is actually plenty of ammo, I'm back to using my Artemis once again, been using it since late November. No more looking like a newb FOTM'er with an SMG.
  8. EViLMinD

I'm quite happy with the Shadow now. Works like it should. I highly recommend using a laser, flash suppressor and 3.4 tact-eye scope. I had planned to go with a suppressor, but didn't want to lessen my effective range. So, I went with a flash suppressor. There seems to be no drawbacks to it. I don't notice any extra recoil. I assume this is because it's semi auto. Anyway, I'm stoked with this gun.

I also tried my Stalker again. Though briefly. After I added a 3.4 LACO scope (already had a compensator and grip), I managed to kill a few badguys with it. Not yet sure how much I like the Stalker, but it's better than it was.
  9. ThElement078

THE FULL AUTO SCOUT RIFLE IS LIKE A FULL-AUTO SNIPER. It's funny how effective it is with a 6X scope, as long as you have the foregrip, Compensator is optional. Haven't tried out the 4X and 3X scopes yet though. Any scope suggestions?
  10. Timeraider

meh.. nice buff, but the scout rifles still are quite inferior in my opinion
  11. DeathSparx

It's really a matter of opinion at this point. Sure, these guns won't out gun most other people still wielding smgs in CQC, however, at medium range, these guns are better suited than smgs for example, across the snow barren landscape of esamir when you see an enemy about 20m off.
  12. Timeraider

sure.. but now compare this gun to a medium-range gun of any other class
  13. Whargoul

Except, they are talking about the infiltrator's weapons; not some other classes weapons.
  14. EViLMinD

I don't expect the Infiltrator's mid-range weapons we be on par with the other classes. Other classes can't cloak or use recon darts. Scout rifles demand more finesse; more tactical consideration to use effectively.

Although many clueless scrubs choose to play as an Infiltrator, only a clever player with a degree of skill can make the class shine.
  15. DeathSparx

Yeah, I've seen to many BR1s joining the game and trying out infiltrator until they come across me (or someone like me). I give them a warm welcome as always. :rolleyes:

Well, you got me there. But most classes don't always see you coming...
  16. Timeraider

Its not like i hate scout rifles or something.. in fact im one of the very very few guys who actually still uses his Shadow lately (semi-auto scout) instead of my Cyclone SMG...
    Just saying sometimes i just hate when im sure i can get someone if i was on a different class or had a snipe and then the scout rifle just hasnt got enough damage or speed to finish it.

and ofcourse snipers and automatic weapons like SMG's work better against zergs.. and PS2 is made for zergs (though lately there have been some steps in the right direction :p)

I will probably stick with my scout anyway unless even stronger medium-range weapons arrive in the store.

p.s.

Shadow with 3.4 tacti-eye scope, flash suppresor and laser sight
    Rebel with silencer and laser sight (i want to replace this with the new high damage pistol)
    mines and the normal stuff ;P

Tried it also with normal suppresor.. let me say it like this.. at smg or pistol you dont feel the suppresor really.. at snipers it can be hard but you can adjust to it..
    but compared to the bulletdrop at the semi-auto scout rifle with suppresor.. the sniper bullet drop is nothing..
    really.. the bullet almost hits the ground after 3 meters XD
  17. iller

This is mostly due to the punishing projectile coding at longer ranges and also how the Suppressor affects HVR "sniper" bullets exactly the same as all other guns'.... If it was more balanced then there would be several Netcode scaling algorithms to improve hit registry and a lot less drop/brake on the suppressed rounds so that SemiSniper would consistently hit moving targets without pulling a slot machine handle everytime (or living right next door to the server). Unfortunately no one at SOE is even aware of these problems b/c they DO live next door to the Servers, and they barely played INF anyway.
  18. DeathSparx

Lol, in their streams and stuff, I don't think I've ever seen them play inf...ever.