Scopes and their various markings query

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by johnway, Apr 3, 2015.

1. johnway

Most high power scopes have additional pips in the cross hairs or have arrows/chevrons etc but i've never truly understood how some of them work. Sure they're their to assist in bullet drop and such, but does anyone really know which marks i should use for what ranges?

In most cases anywhere from 100m inwards, i always center my cross hairs and it works. for anything above that i just use the second notch below the center, but i would like to get better at judging distances and hope that the scopes could assist in the matter. its possible that its crazy to attempt to shoot at targets beyond 100-150m and the gun itself will impact the stats anyway, but i'm certainly interested.

Whats your standard when it comes to using scopes with various notches? Or am i looking into this in too much detail?
  2. Voross

Honestly the scope doesn't help me that much, it's mostly experience and training that helps me get kills. Not only the distance plays a role but also the difference in altitude. For scopes I usually prefer those that don't have many markers (at least for mid-long range weapons since they otherwise could obstruct my vision). So you should probably just keep using the same scope and practise until your finger falls off.
  3. day ofm one

It makes a real difference for sniper rifles.

You first have to know your rifle, bullet velocity and projectile drop.

Then you have to learn to see on what range your enemy is on.

Now you calculate the crosshair dot marks by looking at distance and projectile drop.

Voilá, the enemy is 300 meters away, my sniper rifle bullet drops ~1 point on 250 meters range.
    I have to aim the first mark slightly over the enemies head.

It becomes harder the higher the scope zoom is.

I used to snipe with a surpressor on my Sniper Rifle, I really learn to calculate the drop by that.

On 250 meters range, I hade to aim so high, the last dot was not even enough, it had to be way over the enemies head.
    I hit quite nicely, it is all just practice.

Once you got an eye for the enemies distance, things get easyer.

I don't always hit the first shot, but the second pierces a head and every following after that as well.

One shot to make sure you got the calculartion right, head hunting time.

Without crosshair markings sniping would become really complicated when you dont know the scopes.
  4. giltwist

Get yourself the Rangefinder implant then practice a bit in VR with your preferred loadout. Every combination is a little different, and things like a suppressor make a HUGE difference.