Scope Sway

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, Apr 25, 2013.

1. giltwist

For those of you who don't follow the PTS, I just wanted to let you all know that a balancing mechanic we've been asking for has happened as of the 4/24 PTS patch. There's no guarantee that this will make it to the live server, but it seems like the devs plan for all 6x scopes to have sway and breath hold mechanics regardless of your class. This also opens the door for more people (read: the other 80% of players) to complain about breath holding and getting us a cert tree. It really seems the devs are starting to listen to us here on the infiltrator forum.
    • Up x 1
  2. Astraka

So... no more easy sniping with the scout rifles? I would have hope this would've come with no scope sway on 4x & below, but I guess that's a no.
  3. giltwist

Just checked:

Nyx 4x - no sway
    Nyx 6x - sway
    Ghost 1x - sway
    • Up x 1
  4. Astraka

:(
    • Up x 1
  5. TimeRabbit

OMG no sway on 4x going make the Ghost my new favorite gun
    • Up x 1
  6. Hoki

the restricted scope bolt actions still sway even with ironsights
    • Up x 1
  7. Ztiller

Bolt actions will probably always have Sway, due to the OHK ability. I see no problem with that.
  8. DarthGoogle

And what about close-range BAs? Or close-range SAs?
  9. giltwist

Correct, you'll notice I did a test with the Ghost (close range VS BAR) with a 1x scope. It had sway.
  10. m44v

No, they have sway because they are categorised as sniper rifles, semiautos don't OHK but sway as well. IMO the close range sniper rifles should get their sway removed or get a buff in damage so they can headshot more consistently NW users.

Once I get the auraxium medal on my SAS-R I will probably switch back to my Bolt Driver or try the semiautos, the increased ROF of the SAS-R isn't so interesting once you know that any competent player can kill you faster than you can pull two bodyshots, at least with the Bolt Driver you have better bullet speed.

That's my theory though.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoki

BF:BC2 and BF3 apply sway to the scope not the rifle.

Many things OHK in that game actually and its more popular than this game, including close range sniper rifle body shots.

I think maybe PS2 players are just a whiney bunch of ***** that think all fights should be between full-auto ADS heavies.
    • Up x 1
  12. illgot

6x is not enough for the other classes to worry about holding their breath. With a sniper rifle and a 6x scope I rarely have to hold my breath unless the person's head is smaller than my cross hairs so I doubt most players will even be bothered by it when ADSing using a LMG.

They will have more issues with the full auto while shooting.
  13. Erendil

Why were you asking for this in the first place? 6x isn't powerful enough for the wielder to be a serious threat with most weapons unless you're within 125m or the firer is an exceptional shot. It's not like you're going to be outsniped by an AR or LMG (SAW excepted maybe) w/ a 6x scope unless you're fairly close to them to begin with.

I don't see why it's necessary given the effective range of PS2 sniper rifles.
    • Up x 3
  14. LonelyTerran

This is a horrible idea.
    Snipers have sway due to their heavy damage per bullet.
    So close to buying the Sabr and the Tmg.
    http://1.bp.************/-02aEw_83nA8/T7mJFXBKqTI/AAAAAAAABF0/_3cPbFEksKc/s1600/sigh.jpg
  15. DarthGoogle

Good idea. Lets make all rocket launchers have sway due to their heavy damage per missile..
    Oh, wait.
  16. bebbly

They should.
  17. DarthGoogle

There is much things that "should" or "should not".
  18. Rift23

I loved how I could take the scope down to 4x or just remove it and have a nice semi-auto rifle, I'd even go with iron sights on the recon because I actually wanted to fight in a squad and play the sharpshooter class. Scout rifles are a joke compared to that.

Oh well, time to get a 4x scope.
  19. kisven

Yeah they could add a bipod like in BF3 if they added prone position of course. BAR's would OHK people in BF3 and could be permanent stabilized with the bipods. So there is no reason why there shouldn't be an option as such. I'm good with sway on the norm but uh there could be more variety with the attachments. (I'm looking at you pointless forward grip on snipers!)