Scheduled Maintenance March 5th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. thepackett

When is the straight pull bolt going to be released? It seems to be fully functional on the test server, are there currently issues with it?
  2. Mseirco

Hello, no fix for GENERAL VOICE INGAME DISAPEAR AFTER 20 MINUTES?
    • Up x 4
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

i was JUST going to ask the same thing! it is annoying, all voices disappear after a while and the fights turn into a silent slaughter

radarx, do you know anything about disappearing soldier/character voiceovers? are the devs even aware?
  4. Aelyn

Still no fix for spawn points from other continents?

Not fifteen minutes ago, I tried to spawn on a sunderer on Indar, but apparently, it was on another continent. "Are you sure you want to warp to another continent?" it says. And if you switch maps, it is indeed on another continent.
  5. SidCom

I am not unhappy if this random VO would dissapear again, ONLY the random VO...o_O Drives me crazy in big fights.
  6. geekrider

Well, I never used nano-armor cloaking in the first place. Looks like I haven't lost anything. I do feel sorry for my fellow infiltrators though. This seems like an unnecessary change. Where are the numbers to justify this sort of change?
    AND WHERE THE HELL IS MY STRAIGHT PULL BOLT ACTION ATTACHMENT??!! I WANT IT! I WANT IT NOW!!
  7. Freighter

***Nano-Armor Cloak no longer stacks with Nanoweave armor (Seriously that stuff is heavy. How did you even walk with it?)***

WTF!!! I recently spent 2 weeks of cert grinding to get those 2 together. You pretty much just destroyed my Covert-Assault class Hybrid. Now its not even worth it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Dragonblood

Good, useless cloak option get's even more useless.
  9. Xenryx

Now I'm sad... I had huge plans for that Nano-Armor Cloaking and Nanoweave combo...

I didn't see anyone complaining about it, and the biggest slap in the face is Heavies being able to abuse the hell out of theirs (their 45% resist). Heavies are slower with it activated, but they can shoot, Infiltrators are still as mobile, yet we can't shoot. Where's the imbalance in this? All it did was make us survivable (which we needed badly, as an Infiltrator lone-wolving it up, mind you).

Please give it back to us SoE, it was very interesting to see our Nano-Armor cloak being able to be combo'ed with Nanoweave Armor, allowing us to adopt hit-and-run like a true Infiltrator, which gave us options and a new playstyle, and now it's gone...
    • Up x 3
  10. tugernut

So more patches , I still have 2 players that I cannot play for over 2 weeks , submitted bug reports every day and nothing
    My game crashes about every 20 minutes
    Hit detection is not working half the time

Keep releasing more stuff!
  11. mogveil

Most likely you have your computer upside down.
    • Up x 2
  12. mogveil

I agree, I was so disappointed to cert to 1000 on nanocloak. Mine just gathers dust, lying in the useless pile.
    • Up x 1
  13. SnipersUnion

Any chance of an ETA on servers?

I've just about had it with this infiltrator "update". Every other class got recon darts and a hard cloak counter out of it and all we got in return was a couple novelty weapons and a novelty cloak. EMP grenades still don't do half of what they should, the AV option of the explosive bolts takes about 4 hits on an uncerted flash. The failjack is just EMBARRASSING, not for its use as a weapon but just the general lack of innovation outside of "put a shotgun on it, other than that I-DUNO". Don't even get me started on the MKV suppresed, how you can even bill that as a new NS smg... it's just a slap in the face. We should have had adrenaline pump from the beginning. Now you're nerfing items no one even has a problem with that's been in the game before the update.

We're still just as useless to a platoon as we were before. We're still compromised by a flash. You still can't see infiltrators on low graphic settings and now even darts seem to be bugging out more than ever. It's not all bad, and I hate to be so negative but it's just getting silly now.

/rant
  14. PsyStorm

Try Nvidia 332.21 drivers
  15. dogzila

WOW!!!
    So this is a 3 maintenance days week?!
    first today to fix Barbie styled red & pink hearted camos bug,
    tomorow to sell expensive OP useless weapons
    and friday to fix all the new bugs from the 2 days before (+ nerf the OP weapon)

Did we asked for the cloak beeing changed every week?!
    No point to play Infiltrate if we need to learn it all again and again...

What about these fixes?
    - LAG
    - Vehicle spawns (try to get a tank at regent rock garrison^^)
    - Unreadable HUB
    - In a plane it is vry nice to have 1sec minimum Map opening
    - Why can't we spawn at last spawnpoint instead of randomly being directed to unwanted far spawns
    - In some long time ago "maintenance" it was said the SKEP M9 medals would be fixed... i have 1109 kills but 0 certs
    - We need to advance too close to see if guys are red, blue or purple from an aircraft as we spam spot them?
    - Get rid of aimbotters, no one can kill 100 guys without getting killed

:eek:
  16. Xxxxzzz

"All PlanetSide 2 servers will be unavailable beginning at 6:00 AM (3:00 PM PT) for a brief update"
    It's been 9 hours, this isn't nowhere near BRIEF!

Also, it would be nice to be able to spawn in ANY base. Sometimes I want to attack enemy lines from behind and I can't, unless I decide to:
    1.spawn in the heart of the battle and somehow get to the back of the enemy lines,
    2.spawn far away from the battle, get a flash and drive to the back of the enemy lines

It would be much more handy to be able to spawn in a convenient base and, for example walk over a hill and I'm there!
  17. Diplocaulus

Once upon a time "brief" didn't mean all day. :(
  18. iPlague

9 hours? Dude the servers just went down an hour ago
  19. ncDieseL

I count 1 hour. Do you even know how to clock?
  20. Confurius

The servers have only been down for a little over an hour at this time. The 6am time is actually PT (as in that's where SOE is located) and the 3pm time is supposed to be CET. I know the server went down at 3pm CET, because we were 15 minutes away from the end of an alert.

So, no, the server has not been down for 9 hours.