Scheduled Maintenance March 5th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Toothsie

Just asking. I don't care about switch time. The Railjack isn't that bad like most people claimed. I call it a challenge. Spend most of my time playing as a sniper, I kill 130-ish people in two and-a-half hours play-session with it. Pretty average, like when I'm using Longshot - with a different twist. Now my dear SOE, will this update also give Railjack a forward grip?
  2. Narsys

As infiltrators we already have a lower effective HP, and we need all the advantage we can get. So what is the reason for this nerf? I would guess this is probably the least used cloak, i would also wager that there are more CQC infiltrators than long range snipers. And so now that it doesn't stack with nanoweave, it is much more unlikely players will use it.

So i guess its back to hunter-cloak for me :|
    • Up x 3
  3. Foxirus

I don't know if you have noticed or not, But the entire invisibility of the infiltrators was heavily beefed to make them even harder to see and pretty much invisible while remaining still. You can effectively break in and out of combat with a far greater success rate than any other class in the game. You guys are acting as if it doesn't make you harder to see.

Don't even try to say the dark lights break cloaking, They have like a 15m effective range.

It has gotten to where I have to scan the area around me by firing randomly to find a Stalker (I think thats the one that charges while still) cloaked infiltrator. I run max settings, So it is not because my settings are on low.

I play infiltrator enough to know that this is a completely fair nerf.
    • Up x 1
  4. Revanmug

Huh hello? You don't gain anything from using a Grip on such a slow single shot weapon. The reality is that the grip attachment should have never been an option because it just add a downside without any benefice.

And I never mentioned the performance of the Railgun so keep that gibberish to yourself.
  5. Foxirus

You don't have a lower effective health. You have the same health as every other class minus the heavy. No class can take (Max not counted) more damage than a heavy. That is why it is called the "Heavy Assault". Most of the time, Its taking the brunt of an attack and its stronger hit points are needed. Infiltrators can break in and out of combat nearly effortlessly and does not need that much damage resistance.
  6. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

where is my pull-back for my bolt action sniper rifles?
    • Up x 4
  7. BrianJ2

Yay it's patch day again. Brace yourself, dry humor incoming!
    It always happen on maintenance topics: 80% dry humor 15% "EU prime-time" rage and 5% dry humor about people who rage "EU prime-time" on topics.

It seems like even RadarX is affected by the "dry humor on patch day" epidemic:eek:

Better than nothing on EU prime-time ;)

P.S. Did you know i said dry humor 4 times?
    P.S.2(No not the game) I'll be playing South Park SoT(oh god how low can it go in 1 post) on maintenance.
  8. DocteurVK

Well, maybe since nano cloak and NW armor doesn't stack anymore, we'll see more infils using Nano-cloak and Adv shield cap / adrenaline pump ?

I'll keep using both of them.
  9. Jawarisin

For multiple reasons, this is not an efficient ennough design, the adrenaline pump is currently such a low buff anything else is preferable. The infils that were using NAC were usually already playing a lot of infiltrator, and decided to go for it because they wanted to. Everybody will tell you to max Hunter Cloaking first, because it's usually the best.

Now, the number of NAC users will drop down to one or two peoples who will get stomped on by everybody else.

-A now former NAC user.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nano armor cloaking was aready barely used... Now it's completely useless. My Hunter Cloaking with nanoweave already gives me 20%, nano armor cloaking seems to be dead for me or any other infil that used it, from reading this thread.

SOE: What motivated the change with the Nano-Armor cloaking not stacking with Nanoweave anymore, was there numbers we weren't aware of, for instance the number of player using it increasing drastically or anything else?
    • Up x 1
  10. BrianJ2

Wait a moment... you are not telling us that a PS2 gamer is below average of any other game?

Dangit i thought PS2 had the worst average aim in games, not only because most people shoot in the air for no reason like a rebel in Afganistan
  11. iPlague

Free Camo!? Fancy that.

My what a bunch of witty comment this time, RadarX raking it up I guess.
    Oh wow they actually nerfed Nano cloak! That thing was basicly the old Resist shield just for Infils, and less than 90 % of the infils use it. That's bloody amazing, Torokokill must be crying when he reads this haha.
  12. Wayfar

They forgot allllll about those pull bolts!
  13. Gary

Anything on the camo change over and possible grants? I have bought atleast 4 different camo for weapon, Vehicle and Armor. With the change to buying camo for one thing and it unlocking all I have effectively thrown away £40. For every Camo 2 are now useless at 500 SC each.
  14. KO-tic

What about the questionire thingy

I still have got it on my NC main
  15. DeadAlive99

Disappointing patch in my view. I hope this is a pre-patch before the main one this week... Some of us are being plagued by a memory leak crash issue, which occurs regardless of how much ram we have.
  16. jerrmy12

Oh crap, dont forget to take your medicine, and if you hear the cube speak ignore it, its just a side effect.
  17. jerrmy12

Drom what ive heard, nanoweave armor doesnt stack with resist shield....
  18. jerrmy12

From what ive read, they only buffed the visability when not sprinting
    And someone get a video of sprinting and walking please with cloak
  19. Vlad Archer

Thanks for camo.
  20. Baleur

The nvidia black screen bug happens in Everquest Next Landmark too.
    Heck it even happened in Renegade X and Elder Scrolls Online once each too this weekend, so it's most definetly a driver issue.