Scheduled Maintenance March 27th, 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Model299

Wow man. Hey I enjoy working with the development of this game here and there, I am highly skilled and I understand the psychology of aggression also. However, it is really not my fault that you didn't eat the lucky charms that you were requisitioned. So, I'm very happy that I don't have to put up with your perceptions as a part of this game. I think maybe you got chosen last for kickball one too many times.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jaguar

Any of you crashing repeatedly... try downgrading your nvidia drivers to 332.21.
    This modification to my driver version fixed 95% of the crash bugs I was dealing with since January.
  3. iller

I like it too... I just worry that it lumps even more emphasis/convenience on KDR *****ing hyper-focus
  4. bPostal

The popup advertisements completely devalue the 'K' alerts. I've already become accustom to ignoring anything that pops up in that corner, especially once I found that I could suppress additional popups with the downside of having a continuously blinking K in the lower right. As long as nobody invites me to their squad and I don't try to warp to any poplocked continent.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sierra331

Go away troll, you have no power here.

If we can have straight-pull bolts, then there should be absolutely no problem with having bipods.
  6. Brasil

The trick is to play without HUD:(
  7. Renuse

SO im hoping that SOE removes the ads. SOE (constructive comment) you can just remove the ads and let the players have a good old fashioned PS2 experience.
    Its obvious you made the mission update with the "Ad update" in order to distract the simple minded with new noises and more screen clutter so you can push ads on us in game. Please stop.
    Good day.
    SALE SALE SALE

UPGRADE NOW!!!
    • Up x 1
  8. FliegerPanzer

WHAT I can call this REMOVING 2X XP from FREE players and making it premium exclusive. MEMBERS were still GETTING this 2X with others too. OK not 5 BUT 3 or 4X. Its not very big deal.
  9. Quircky

Umm, is it a bug that whenever I type in 'Hello' the chat says 'Hossin'? Or did I misread the patch notes. (Or maybe this is just something you guys threw in to mess with us :p
  10. eBlaise

Death Screen:
    -the death screen graph should not reset if i get a revive for at least 2 reasons:
    - first, if i get a revive instantly on death, i don't even get the opportunity to check my stats.
    - second, with being revived, it's practically not even a different life
    so there simply should be a marker on the graph to where did i die/get revived.
    -clicking to skip the screen, it was already added previous to this update, why was it removed?
    the only reason to remove it that i can think of is because we were unable to rotate the killers model around, for this i could suggest 2 ways of compromise:
    - first, split the click skipping, rotating among the mouse buttons. one rotates, the other skips the screen.
    - second, the model could slowly rotate on it's own so i can still check out the killer, and retain the ability to skip the screen with a click.

Membership ads:
    this one is tricky.
    I understand that SOE is a company and they need to pay the bills somehow, but the current way may be a tad bit too much.
    Some of the new additions I'm fine with, some are just annoying.
    -The one on the loadout screen right next to the boost is fine, it's a bit out of place with it's colors (i guess to attract attention), but it's not too intrusive.
    -The Death Screen graph one is a nice one it's not intrusive at all in my opinion, the only "problem" with it is that it only shows off one perk/aspect of the membership, namely the constant-passive exp boost, and if that aspect is not appealing to someone, they will not even be interested in checking out the rest of the membership features.
    -The Y/N popup notification, this is not bad either, but it's forcing itself on the player, and not just a passive part of the UI, and that might annoy people (I'm personally indifferent about it), and if it pops up at the wrong moment and distracts the player, it could even be a detriment to the player experience (this is a bit extreme i know, but still a possibility)
    - The loading screen ad, personally i hate this one the most, it's advertising a member only event, and on a rather big part of the screen too. If it listed the passive perks of the membership, no problem it's good to know what would i get if i were a member, but an event (not something constant) i just don't care about it, after all i'm not a member.

So mostly the problem with the ads is that they only show off fragments of the perks of the membership, and they show the most uninteresting one(s), namely the passive exp boost, and the (supposedly in the future regular) double exp weekends,
    nothing about the monthly SC, the member only sales, etc.; and of course the fact that some of them are rather intrusive.
    Most people who play FtP games are generally not interested in/cannot afford subscription models, but part of them are willing to purchase through the micro transaction system even if it might be sub-par compared to the sub benefits.
    I personally would rather see some banners about the micro transaction stuff. (and SC sales ofc :p)
  11. Aelyn

[rant]Okay, so I just played for 1 hour and 44 minutes and I got the "popup ad" just once. I certainly hope the rate at which it comes up is as low as it was now, or even better, they're going to remove it completely. Anyhow, I'm guessing more people have the same problem and have reported it, but whatever. It's the new mission "announcement" located above the minimap on the HUD. It completely blocks the status of the base you're in! You can't see whether you have the capture points or if they've been taken. And the capture points themselves sometimes don't even appear on the minimap or the hovering letter above it. And when you go to capture it, the progress bar disappear most of the time. So yeah, you broke a lot of stuff this time, SOE. Are you in secret employed by EA, known for never testing their products or updates before release?[/rant]
    • Up x 1
  12. Diplocaulus

I agree. The ads are intrusive and make PS2 feel more like Angry Birds than a sophisticated and immersive game. I play to get away from advertising, not to be bombarded by it.
  13. Takomunch

Anyone getting unholy lag ingame? I'm at indar comm and getting 8,000-95,000 ping

7 minutes between yells, people shouting they're getting similar ping too o_O.

Also this might have something to do with the recent patch it downloaded when logging on.

not sure.
  14. ZenzotuskeN

Mostly a good update, however I've got two complains;

Adverts:

I'm a member and i get a Notification thanking me for being a Loyal Member which pops up on my screen until i press the [Y] Key to get rid of it and even more irritating one is one telling me there is a sale where pressing [Y] instead of [N] Brings up the Depot which has almost got me killed multiple times already, please make these only text messages on the right hand side with no notification to get rid or only give me the notification when i spawn in a "safe area", like a spawn room or warp-gate but not a sunderer, or when i just login or on the redeploy or death screen would also be acceptable.

Key Input:

In-Game i hold backspace to get rid of multiple characters if i wan't to rewrite text in-game i have to do it one backspace at a time, this is a brand new issue brought with this patch.
    • Up x 2
  15. theducks

yep, lets close connery near 2pm cause thats the PERFECT TIME
  16. Takomunch

Noticed that as well, got shot while trying to clear my text xD
  17. Delta909090

The way the mission system works is that if you are not in the same region as your squad leader you won't get points for the cap.
  18. mogveil

There are even worse problems today than yesterday. Yesterday I would get kicked from server about every half hour. Today, it took forever to spawn a vehicle, more than 1 minute to cloak as an infiltrator, about 30 sec to uncloak. I could not take a point even though there was no timer on the adjacent base and then I was disconnected. At least they added those great advertisements.
  19. soulessredhead

Oh please tell me the straight pull will be available on the tsar-42... Pleeeaaaassseeeee.........
  20. Rhapsody

To bad the POS "Kill-Cam" is still there....

Will seriously drink a bottle of vodka when its removed.