Scheduled Maintenance June 3rd 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Daemon Chunky

I cant realize why does that take more than 10h to make scheduled maintenance???????
    Sorry for Flame and Whine but i pay for Membership and i cant play did i get one day more AAM ?????
  2. liamsmithuk

It's common knowledge between all decent pilots that the scythe is the best dog fighter.

It's obvious really, the saron has very high velocity making it easy to hit the enemy even over long distances, the scythe has a tiny hit box from the front making it hard to be hit.. the only way to beat it is to be significantly better / the other pilot to be terrible or get the jump on the scythe from above / below

If you play smart with the scythe and never show your belly, always try gain distance then you will likely beat a lot of pilots that are better than you

This has been tested and proven extensively on PTS and in various esf tournaments by some of the best pilots in the game, there's no question about it, the scythe is just simply better at 1v1 dogfights... air squad vs air squad, that's a whole different topic

Also not sure what server you're playing on, I play all 3 factions on Miller quite a bit, when the world pops are even and there's no air squads around, there's pretty much always more scythes than anything else on Indar

Disclaimer: apart from coyotes I don't complain about the air balance, just accept it and do the best I can with what I have
    • Up x 1
  3. Stevenmadcap

What is this a 4-5 hr maintenance or 1-2 days
  4. Adistron

I think you quoted wrong person,my beloved Liam :)
  5. liamsmithuk

Yeah, lazy.. but I was backing up your point anyway :)
  6. Stevenmadcap

Mind you atleast the alert ended before the maintenance started this time
  7. Dalt Wisney

Just ask them 'lords' to do a training session with you (on PTS). Believe it or not - many of them will do so. On Cobalt we have damned good pilots and yes - I still tend to walk rather then fly when I see them in the sky. In that case, I wear 'iron shoes' and have some nice AA gun mounted to my forearms ;)
  8. Dalt Wisney

We are sure that you will make a huge deal out of this... :confused:
  9. Stevenmadcap

Seriously does anyone know roughly how long maintenance will be
  10. WARPR0>986528635<

i think they are almost there because some servers are not in maintain anymore
    • Up x 1
  11. BITCOINWHALE

looks like it will be another hour or two. only time will tell if there patch worked correctly first time. if not status will go from locked to maint again & back to locked untill they got it right and servers are brought back online
  12. cruczi

Question to RadarX

During updates, servers are first MAINT, then LOCKED before the update is over. Is LOCKED a sign that you're done with the actual updating, you're just waiting for the process to complete on all servers before opening them up? What's the difference between MAINT and LOCKED during updates? Obviously SOE provides the community with this information for some reason, but I'd like know what we're supposed to do with this information. Why don't we just have "MAINT" all the way until the spawn tubes are online and drop pods can be launched again?
  13. Igie

Dude what are you babbling about... Nothing will one shot a magrider. However, I have been known to set mines around a vehicle while someone else shoots them with a tank.... This will "appear" to one shot someone with a tank weapon. Note that you can also do this with just about any vehicle if done properly....

As for the Bolt-driver 1 shot. It does 1 shot to the head. You probably just have bad aim (i.e. you hit the neck instead of the head).
    • Up x 1
  14. Adistron

I...i...i dont know what to say
  15. cruczi

Then don't say anything in order to avoid cluttering the forum with pointless replies? ;)
  16. Dalt Wisney

That's not what I experience. I don't stay in line of sight of course - the rockets follow even if mile high mountains are between me and the launcher. So this is a bug or what?
  17. snipesharkVS

@ eblaise; who asked you to respond to my statement? who the hell do you think you are one of the dev's? I don't see your name in red.
  18. MikeHonchoYou

I would just like to thank the good people at S.O.E for essentially bringing back cont locking. 94% for a domination cap and 7% to loose one. I like it its not 100% but ill take it. for now ;)
  19. Wobberjockey

does anyone know if the 3% member bonus stacks with the 5% bonus for heroic boosts/ squad boosts?
  20. AdamFox

From my observations over the last year "MAINT" means the server is offline, while they update it with the new patch, "LOCKED" means that the server is actually back up, but only the devs can access it to check if the patch has worked as intended. Normally in the locked state you can actually see the server pop from the login screen and it usually shows 100% one faction as a dev logs in to check things. This would explain the flickering between MAINT and LOCKED, sometimes where they have to take the servers back down to fix something and repatch.