Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Sedin

2. shammydawg

I can't even log in - getting error 0xc000007b, which means there is now a conflict on my 64 bit system...funny, wasn't a conflict yesterday...

getting close to time to cancel membership I guess
  3. Sean79

I swear... its time for a rant. I like your intentions and don't get me wrong you guys are doing a good job BUT I was looking forward to playing today, haven't got a chance to play in like two weeks.... THE ONE DAY I GET A CHANCE..... NOPE!! im locked out of the game because of these mythical "64 bit clients" ive never heard of. every time I fire up the game it give me an error message and from what ive heard: those that can play say the game is at an un-playable status. I understand you guys are probly working your fingers to the bone trying to fix this but: it shouldn't have happened in the first place! isn't there a way to make a private copy of the game that you can upload your updates to and test them in different scenarios before rushing it onto the lives? im not sure if that's a thing but there has to be a way to get a good patch out without the need for like 3 hotfixes afterwords! I guess ill go find something else to do and its not the end of the work (I get things get screwed up) but im kinda getting tired of this stuff
    • Up x 2
  4. John_Aitc

Control Console SPAM

The only way to stop from hearing this constantly is to turn off the voice audio in the game.

Because I have to turn off Voice Audio, can we be refunded our real life money back for the voice packs that we purchased?
  5. Nuckles85

Same issue.. please do more exhaustive testing before pushing patches out. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  6. Spellblind

Guys if you have a problem i would recommend to include details to your Hardware like:
    AMD / Intel Quadcore, 32 / 64 Bit OS, AMD / NVIDIA Videocard and last but not least your available system ram like "80% of 6GB RAM free"

So the ppl and the developers might find a connection between specific hardware and problems
    • Up x 1
  7. Librux

OMG SOE THIS 64 BIT CLIENT HAS RUINED MY FPS 60 FPS BEFORE NOT ITS 5 COME ON FIX THIS OR IM QUITTING THE GAME IM DONE WELL DONE SOE WELL DONE :(
  8. Alphafdf

erro 0xc00007b
  9. Phreph

After this update, my game is running at 1/3 my normal fps. I'm barely getting 30 in a nearly empty warpgate. Does this have anything to do with the updates or 64-bit addition? If not... Help me troubleshoot? :)
  10. Wildside

Please please please for the love of all that is holy, post announcements in UTC.
    Local time-zones are needlessly confusing and pointless. :V
  11. ShotMeTender

Funny, commonly forum problems regarding game balance, underpowered weapons, and so on, not digital tech&repair diagnostic discussion.... Am i the only to think so? XD
  12. FBVanu

My reply from another thread, moons ago..

My response from another thread.. there are numerous about the file deleting and Razer Game..
    there is a thread somewhere that suggest to open the game files, and delete the following:

Planetside2 exe now you have to also delete the new 86/64 which ever it was
    Activity User Data
    Launch Pad User
    Loading Screen
    Input Profile User
    sound settings
    user options
    vivoxoal these now also have a cousin, 64/86 can't remember
    vivoxsdk same here,

I do this after every patch, every time.

After you deleted these files, click on "validate".. it will then reinstall these files

then hit play, it may install some more files.. after that, the game should start.

when you get into the game, you have to reset your personal settings..

This, plus using Razer Game, has improved my game, I still crash, but not as often.

If you are doing this already, sorry I couldn't help.

If are you are not doing this after every patch/update, you really should.

Good luck.

Also, as of this thread today, I turned off my Avast, for 1 hour (right click on Avast, settings, Shield, 1hr.)..
    did the whole login, install, game file deleting, then verify, it downloaded some more.

I got in game easy, reset some of my settings. NEWS: some old settings from yesterday were still in game.
    That has never happened with any other update. i.e. invert mouse input. etc..

After I had my settings done, game played fine. Just to test it, I jumped from continent to continent, without crashing.
    That is usually how I find out if the game works for me. (Connery)

so far, no issues here, and I'm on an old computer..

Good luck to you all.
  13. NinjaTurtle

download and install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
  14. D3amonEngineer

And SOE has removed/ revert the 64-bit and 32-bit client into Planetside2.exe
  15. Xynxie

big sadfaces.... I'm lucky to get 15 mins without crashing in 64-bit. Relegated to unplayable status until further patching. :(
  16. AuxiMoron

Nuhnuhnuh. That turns all interface off, and the little waypoint isn't the annoying part. It's the beeping every time you go to a new base and the fact that your cap timers are often cut off by this massive text. There needs to be a way to turn it off for people who want no part of any of the mission system. Right now it's absolute crap.
    • Up x 2
  17. RIctavius

Well everything got reverted. Happy now kids?
  18. Teoke

I no longer have my fps issue. Everything is back to normal now. (Atleast on my end)
  19. H4YW1R3

This game is becoming nothing BUT spam.

Advertising Spam: It's everywhere now. Even going so far as to place premium advertisement link where the "resupply/deploy" buttons used to be. That's just about as underhanded as it gets.

Mission Spam: I think there's been enough said about this annoying sound spammed everywhere you go.

VO Spam: Ah, the newest line of spam. The dialog was bearable as it was, and useful enough to keep on. Now I have to lose that and turn dialog volume to 0 because of the constant annoying VO spam. "You just took a point! You just lost a point! You just took a point!".....on and on. Can't even concentrate on the sounds of battle and footsteps any more with the dialog on.
    • Up x 6
  20. MetallicScream

Hello, I felt compelled to create a forum account simply to voice my disappointment with the new VO for control points. As a player who relies on sound (footsteps, gunshots, etc) I find this new VO overwhelms the other sounds in the game, I can't seem to find a way to turn that down on it's own (c'mon, its 2014 and we expect some control over our emersion experience in games now). Is there a way to do so? Personally I do not like when games start 'dumbing down' or overloading the UI experience, it is a massive turnoff, if I can't figure out someone is taking a control point (without the booming omnipotent voice) then shame on me.
    • Up x 4