Scheduled Maintenance April 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. tZonkD

Constant crashing, unplayable. can we have a rollback until you figure this out please?
  2. RustyCormano

I hear ya man; my framerate has plummeted since this update came out. I'm getting 10fps in the warpgate (and it's not jam packed with people).

And yes, it seems to be switching between cpu and gpu more often than it used to.
    • Up x 1
  3. GhostofMachas

64-bit Client
    • If you’re running a 64 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 64 bit client. If you’re running a 32 bit operating system, you’ll be running with the 32 bit client.

So my Ti-99/4a won't run Planetside 2?
  4. Enukku

It seems that Planetside 2 won't even run on my machine, and I was very excited to see how it would be to play on 64bit version. When I login and click play game won't even start. Anyone has same problem as me? Maybe someone now how to fix that?
  5. Aelyn

Question: Those of us who have 64 bit OS, did our clients change automatically, to 64 bit, during the update?

Also, my game just froze and crashed, something that has happened quite a lot lately. I don't know, it just feels to me like problems like those should be solved by now, like a year and a half after release. If the instability comes with the updates, maybe some actual testing would be fitting? And my framerate seems to decrease every patch as well. And you still can't see the status of the base you're currently in due to the missions thing above the minimap. It's really annoying as I have to turn around in order to know if we have the control point or not. And even worse, if I want to see how long before we capture/lose a base, I have to press Esc and look on the map. Seems pretty stupid to me, anyone else share that opinion?
    • Up x 4
  6. Shootybob

The launcher went ahead and loaded the 64 bit exe for me. I
  7. Exonis

They never should've taken the beta sticker off of this product :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  8. volth

My game crash when i press the "redeploy" button and the timer go to 1.
    Its when it shall switch from game to the map.
  9. Fifthelement

My game also crashes randomly. I've given up on PS2 for today, honestly. And most of all, I 100% agree with the not being able to see the cap timer thing being stupid. Honestly, what were they thinking? Hardly makes any sense at all.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bernd Lauert

Whatever that hotfix does I just downloaded, it's not fixing the crashing of the 64bit client. Sometimes it's even freezing in the first map view before I even spawn. Geez, how could that one get past the QA (I'm kidding, I know I'm your only QA).
    • Up x 1
  11. lunchomatics21

so much fail.. xD
    when i startet to play the game it was more stable then now! i had some crahses, but now it crashes evry day a few times. when i startet i was able to play at medium settings, now im down on low.

i think that there is a thirt party that is now programming the patches and updates. and they do this beacause its cheaper. but needless to say, the third party sucks. probably its beacause they dont come alonge with the codes the orginal programmer made or they just bad programmers. anyway the guys that programm now are just bad. sooooo bad.....
  12. Silsila

Experiencing constant crashes with the 64 bit client.

Got fatigue damage when a territory was taken by enemies. Followed by constant damage as soon as I respawned. Suicide, suicide, suicide.

And why did this patch release on a Wedensday when you usually patch on Thursdays? We moved our Ops days to get away from patchdays!
  13. BulletDragon

Get your nanites toghether man.
    More like ~3 times more CTD's and freezes than before... I crashed 4-5 times during a 90 min session.
    EVERYTIME you guys say this, it just gets worse. So pls for holy Higby's sake, just leave it like before, leave it like crashing every 90 min or so. Still a pain but at least bearable. This right now is just a late bad 1st april joke.
    Your 2nd ninja 90mb patch did not solve reachcat ninites.

On the bright side, game seems to load a bit faster.
    • Up x 2
  14. PrimalPhantom

Come on PS2 Devs why in the hell did you think this was a good idea. This VO was not needed and makes the capping of a base an annoying pain in the butt. Now before you start to flame me let me explain why. If the base is not a big fight the VO is okay, but it is still uncalled for. On the other hand if we are in a big base fight ALL you hear is this annoying VO over and over. As I see it you have two options here devs:
    1) If you are stuck in your ways and what to leave this annoying VO in the game, then give us and option to toggle it off.
    2)Remove the VO from the game and make it like it was before. Most of the players in this game look at the mini-map a lot and can tell by the flashing point icon that you are losing the point. Thus because you have a HUD icon that reacts to players on the point you don't need this VO at all.

As a player from the start of this game, I think the game was fine without this VO being added to the game.
    • Up x 2
  15. Teoke

I've got the same issues
  16. Sedin

All above points agreed on, also overlays from Mumble etc NO LONGER WORK! Why do you break things????
  17. Spyrius

April Fools was yesterday?

I crashed 3 times during one hour. Say it again SOE, say you fixed it, make me laugh.
    • Up x 2
  18. mandrac

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ FIX CRASH OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
  19. Typez

Does anyone have a similar problem I have? I'll copy/paste what I wrote in a different thread:
    "I get a different error. I'll try and translate as best I can:
    "This file is not linked to any program to complete the task. Install a program or create an association in the controlpanel standardprogram if there already is a program installed."
    I have no idea what this means but it was the little 92mb patch that messed it all up, worked fine until now."

So yeah, I cant even start up the game at all anymore.
  20. Olex

The game is unplayable today aside from the crashes Memory licks and Micro Laggs

after the patch 02/04/2014

you patch the game again broken as to Planetside 1 times.
    funereal