ScatMAX slug nerf?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shiaari, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Shiaari

2. DankFist

Interesting..
  3. siddar

And that's why I bought extended mags instead of slugs.
  4. Lucidius134

Wow......I used them and they were underwhelming as hell. I was better off using Bursters than those pieces of crap.

FAIL
    • Up x 1
  5. JonboyX

Dunno. I often get hits at up to 150m with them. That probably wasn't right.
  6. Anonynonymous

Heh, that pretty much just completely ruined my dual Mattock + Slug setup.
  7. Devrailis

I'm okay with this. I had several random headshot kills at 40+ meters yesterday, but by and large most of my kills are up close and personal. Can't say this is going to affect most MAX users.
  8. Anonynonymous

Problem is that MAX slugs just lost a lot of reasons for it's existance now.
  9. JackOfClubs

Well at least I'm not the only person in this boat. I feel your pain.
  10. Ekdal

God, will you at least try the new slugs before complaining about them?

What is it about some gamers that makes them immediately stop using a weapon as soon as they think they smell nerf. Then, instead of actually trying the weapon they will just sit there and say it's garbage forever. Never actually trying the weapon again.

I bet you this patch just gave the slugs on the NC max the same range as the other shotgun slugs.

If you're using the Max slugs today and you think "man these slugs suck now", look up the halo effect is.
  11. Anonynonymous

Which would've been fine if the MAX slugs have the same accuracy consistancy as the hand held shotgun slugs. I honestly wouldn't mind them nerfing it's ranged damage at all if I can have some decent amount of confidence in my slugs hitting where my crosshair is pointed to with good enough consistancy. I've been playing around with the new slugs. Yes, I can still work with them. but they pretty much have very little else to offer compared to regular buckshots now.
  12. TribbleFluffer

Yeah....i had 2 MAX's in my outfit who use dual slug throwers...their going to be PISSED. i know myself that the slugs arnt so good anymore. slugs are supposed to be the same range as a rifle i would assume. but now their like buckshot range. :confused:
  13. SinerAthin

I am going to assume they saw this video:
  14. Purg

Only spent about 20 minutes with my set up this morning to see what had changed and it wasn't that noticeable. As above, I've got the odd finishing blow on a target 150m away but you'd probably waste 500 rounds trying to pull that off again. I don't really think it's going to make all that much difference considering the range that they've been rendered ineffective are not shots you're going to make most of the time anyway.
  15. JackOfClubs

Really? I've been having too many hit detection issues to properly test them. :\
  16. Purg

After logging in this morning (I'm in Australia so it's definitely post patch) I went something like 24-0 with them and shooting targets at ranges I was pre-patch with roughly the same awful accuracy before I logged out. I'd say the damage fall off has probably been tweaked. The accuracy seemed similarly rubbish even though I hit the odd infiltrator from the top of the ledge at C at the Crown when the infiltrator was using the opposite side of the bridge for cover. That would be about an 80m shot..?
  17. Purg

Would love it if the killstats also showed the range.

[IMG]