Scarred Mesa Skydock needs a capturable teleporter like Vanu Archives.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Village, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Village

There is simply no argument, Scarred Mesa Skydock is nearly impossible to take and after 20 days of gameplay i have not been with a team that has successfully captured it when there was a solid defence. The only entrance is via a single jump pad that leaves you hanging in the air like a sitting duck so you're almost dead before you even touch the ground.

I am sure many would agree with this. A dedicated outfit of 48 might be able to take it but it is nearly impossible with mindless zergs on either side. With the new lattice system Skydock just becomes a roadblock.
    • Up x 1
  2. DashTech

A lot of bases are near-impossible to take when they are defended well.

Scarred Mesa just requires a bit of organisation. Your galaxy doesn't need to stop for people to bail out. And your SL spawn beacon doesn't need to be on the top of the rock to land at the top. Make sure your SL doesn't stand in front of bullets...

I would love to see more bases designed like castles, making them really hard to cap, requiring a level of organisation to take. Bases would need to be able to be locked down (e.g. shields should block everything and require the generator being turned on). So surprise attacks would still work, but defenders could see that they need to hunker down.

Who neglected to install loading doors on the flight pads at bio-labs?
    • Up x 4
  3. Darkplace

As it is, it's not impossible and it's damned fun. It's one of the few small bases where you can actually get out of the f'ing spawn room.

Please don't take it away from me. :(
  4. Larolyn

I always thought that little room next to the jump pad should have a teleporter. My platoon leader has a personal vendetta against that place and he throws an amazing amount of lives away trying to get it. Here's a video of a MAX crash from the Vanu perspective after several failed Galaxy drop MAX crashes. The place is probably the most defensible place on Indar.

Thing is once they are in, unless you Gal drop, there is only one point of entry = slaughter. As you can see at the start, that little room down there on the left, would make a great place for either a capture point and / or a teleporter. Still it is fun to fight here. Hard to assault. Not many bases that offer this amount of challenge.
  5. Rayden78

40 enemy Maxxes incoming - killed by teammate
    [IMG]
  6. Larolyn

Haha! Does not matter what side you are on, some one is gonna tk at the worse moment in time :)

Picture is awesome btw!
  7. Larolyn

8. Rayden78

Always looking for a opportunity to post it ^^
    • Up x 1
  9. Metalsheep

Not quite as awesome as this PS1 gal drop fail.

10. Ganelon

It's hilarious to defend that base as TR, every HA player grabs a Striker on instinct.

Shooting down full Galaxies left, right and center is fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. UberBonisseur

So, basically, once attackers take the teleporter, you must send a horde of Light-assaults or just break your leg to ever reach the ground again ?

This is already happening in Vanu archives:
    It's a bad base.

Once attackers grab C it becomes a pain in the *** for defenders to go back there. All they can do is get on a jump pad and go ALL THE WAY AROUND where attackers are not even going, thus avoiding the fight, only to get to point C.

Better idea:

Lower
    Scarred
    Mesa

[IMG]

You can still keep it out of MBT's reach. It's easy.
    But at least give a decent ground access and not a clay-pigeon generator (aka jump-pad)
  12. Village

They could just create a neutral jump pad between the capturable teleporter and the top of Skydock, which would make it far easier to retake. Either that or create far more jump pads to reach the base.
  13. Shoza Nakh

After Crown changes there left only 1 base really favoring defenders, leave it alone. No point to make this base just like all others.