Say Yes to Crossbow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Valena

If I had to guess I'd say it will most likely be a long range bolt action sniper rifle equivalent. Any other application would make no sense. As an alternative to a sniper rifle it might be interesting, but until we know exactly what its role in combat is I couldn't care less about the crossbow.
  2. Valena

How often do you actually look at the weapon in another players hands in battle? If the answer is anything other than "never" then you aren't playing this game correctly.
  3. Lucidius134

Close Range Bolt Action with a Suppressor.

There's you're BF3 Crossbow. It's mag fed. (Thank me)
  4. VSDerp

it looks like it will shoot fast because of how that mag looks. i think it will be a close quarters weapon but that's just me. guess we gotta wait and see.
    • Up x 1
  5. illgot

anything that brings them money and doesn't break the game is good. More revenue = more development.
    • Up x 1
  6. Valena

It could also be a semi-auto sniper rifle. That mag doesn't look like it could hold more than 5-10 bolts. Realistically though it looks like loading a new bolt will take some time to do, which to me says it's going to be a bolt action.

Though of course, they could toss this concept model out completely.
    • Up x 1
  7. VSDerp

after looking harder at the crossbow you could be right .ill let you have this one setukai ! but beware i will be right next time. might not be tomorrow but someday i will be right!
    • Up x 1
  8. Roll Fizzlebeef

No... go away.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Roll Fizzlebeef

Basically this.

There would be not other option than to make it a one hit kill.

Short range, lots of bullet drop? Might as well go with a pump action.

Short range, faster than a pump action. Well now it's just OP as hell.

Short range , faster than a pump action, two hit kill. Better to go with an automatic shotgun.

Long range, long reload time. Might as well go with a bolt-action rifle.

Long range, short reload time. One hit kill. Now it's just overpowered again.

Can we please let this idea just completely fade from existence and pretend it never even crossed our minds to ever implement a freaking crossbow in a war that takes place in the distant future on another damn planet?
  10. VogonPoetMaster

What would be the point of a crossbow in a game where silencers are so effective and soldiers are packing nanoweave armor? Shall we add slingshots and spears too?

Sorry, but NO, not unless you can think of an actual reason the empires would actually want to field such weapons.
  11. Xasapis

We have plenty of dps, we got tanks soon (maxes with shields), we get to have archers soon enough, we got healers, all we're missing is mages. SOE, please make it so :D

VS: Psionic warriors
    NC: Bureaucrats (anyone here an Anarchy Online veteran?)(http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Bureaucrat)
    TR: Tinkerers (summoners with robots)
    • Up x 1
  12. Copyrights

Im gonna write down the names of everyone who roots for the crossbow and if I ever see one of you whine about the Commissar hat I swear to god I'll track your IP, find you and punch your dog. That freaking thing has no place in a futuristic shooter.

No seriously, puppies WILL suffer.
    • Up x 2
  13. VSDerp

commissar hat BLOWS broski.
  14. CannonFodder

I suppose they could do something interesting with it like letting you fire while cloaked with it or giving it very low dmg and shoots slow, but it completely bypasses shields, that would add more use for nanoweave. Other then that I can't really think of a reason for them.
  15. Copyrights

I hope you know a good vet
    • Up x 1
  16. K3STR3L

You can argue as much as you want, in fact until you are blue in the face. Trying to convince me crossbows in this game will be a good thing will never happen.

Golden guns, ski masks and crossbows should stay in kiddy games like COD. I can see why SOE want to copy the format but it doesn't wash with me.
  17. WalrusJones

This is coming from the psychic who blew up the alien mothership.
  18. VSDerp

please forgive my derpy ways.
    • Up x 1
  19. Messy

Yes please. Give us:
    - Arrows with chains so I can pull Vanu soldiers in melee and knife them to death,
    - Flaming Arrows that will make crew of the vehicle leave vehicle,
    - Sound Arrows to make noise and fake troops positions,
    - Poison Arrows to deal DoTs MOAR DOTS!
    - Flare Arrows to Light up Night territories.
    - Explosion Anti-vehicle Arrow, to deal with Flashes and Harrasers (not tanks and ESF).
    - Tracer Dart to spot and emeny vehicle remain spotted for a greater time.
    - let us recover arrows from bodies of our enemies.
    - let us have lower quantity of arrow but exchangeble, press B (or what key change weapon firing mode) to change arrow type in your Xbox.
    Ok so Flare, Exp and Tracer arrow sounds somehow allowable to this game, others are bullsh.

I say NO to Crossbows in this game. But wait, IF! this peace of gear is a Tool not a weapon I'm all hands up for this Xbows. It should replace standart Inf tool and look like this in terms of Size:
    [IMG]
  20. Valena

You misunderstand me; I couldn't care less about the crossbow and unless it has some fantastic stats, or at least a unique use, I won't touch the thing. What I don't understand is why you are all so upset over the addition of a weapon that you are under no obligation to trial, purchase or use.

If other players want the added customization options, what right do you have to take it away from them? "It breaks my immersion" is not a valid excuse. Planetside 2 is not a role playing game, and yes, I am a role player. I appreciate the value of immersion more than most anyone who plays this game - and for the record, I despise those ski masks - but you don't see me complaining about optional skins.

If you don't like golden guns, ski masks and crossbows, then don't use them. Simple as that. Raging over something as ridiculous as a weapon graphic is a waste of everyone's energy and time.