SAY NO TO THE REVERSE NERF!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by planitsider, Aug 6, 2013.

1. planitsider

This move is what flying makes special and fun for me and all of my air only outfit.
    Most players that like to fly i heard complaining to.
    It doesn't seem to me to be OP in any way.
    So don't do it SOE!
    • Up x 8
  2. Granveil

What do you suggest they do as an alternative? There's something they want to accomplish with this nerf. I'm certain it's not to nerf the afterburner specifically, but some other motive.
    • Up x 2
  3. Rhetoracle

Planetside 2 has a completely unique air model as of right now that I love dearly.

I got into some fights on Test, and they were all literally roll up on someone, hit analog throttle, and fire away. There was zero movement in the battle and it was completely boring/uninspiring.
  4. Verenz

IF AND ONLY IF this change is to allow the new fuel tanks to give back the current or higher speed to give more of an edge over what will now be 4 unique A2A secondarys, then I MAYBE agree POSSIBLY with this nerf.

I still don't think I do but I could at least maybe see the logic there.

If this is not the case then I don't understand why they want to make it harder to do well as an A2A pilot. This change will not affect A2G gameplay at all btw, to all the groundonlytards.
  5. SpaceKing

Seriously, go on the test server and try it with like, hover 3. You'll barely notice.
    • Up x 1
  6. planitsider

funny.
    its so clear that i wonder how much you fly.
    • Up x 5
  7. SpaceKing

8. Verenz

Hardly notice smardly smotice. If there is no reason then I don't want it, what is the point of just arbitrarily lowering the skill ceiling - when is that ever a good idea.
  9. PS2Freak

sorry. i say YES to the REVERSE NERF!
    • Up x 7
  10. Tycoh

SOE shouldn't be pleasing the minority that likes the "unique" reverse maneuver. They should be pleasing the vast majority of pilots that are interested in conventional dog fighting and not getting a disadvantage from not doing the reverse maneuver. Most of which have left the game for the Battlefield/F2P aircraft games. SOE was a few months late.

Note: "Vast majority of pilots that are interested in conventional dog fighting" and "Left the game"

So i can't argue about the removal of the reverse maneuver since most of the casual pilots left the game.
    • Up x 2
  11. planitsider

Keep on turning back and look how much smaller the circle is.
  12. planitsider

Exactly.
    If you like other fly styles there so manny better flicht sims or battlefield series.
    why nerf some thing that makes the flying special and fun.
    Who was asking for a nerf like this??
  13. SpaceKing

Yuh, but you can still do it.

Stop being upset that you can't instant 180noscopecockpitshot your jet fighter anymore
    • Up x 2
  14. SmokeMcCloud

As someone that is big into his scythe and also holds some real life piloting certifications I feel that the maneuver itself is able to be performed stupidly fast and provides an absurd amount of displacement. Not only that but certain ESFs can perform this maneuver far outclassing the others by too much. Also, I always felt that it felt very stupid.

Having it remain in the game as is creates an unacceptable deterrent to potential customers... BUT at the same time provides a great skill ceiling players can aspire towards and therefore a common middle ground must be reached.

Making it an afterburner cert line seems a good idea, but these are already generally seen as the best option for the heavy skill game anyway.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Pilots wanted lock-ons nerfed, they wanted them to have to keep the target painted.
    Did you really think they were going to let you keep the ability to reverse back and forth changing directions???
    It would make it impossible to keep a lock on an ESF while they can randomly change direction any time they want...
  16. planitsider

Thats fine but why??

And i see a lot of air haters here.
    Where are the real pilots that put practice in getting skilled in flying??
  17. PS2Freak

i think that have something to do with balancing.

One of possibilities is what LibertyRevolution said aka striker/lockon "nerf" aka rebalancing/retweak ... and Higby already explained why.

Soe dont make changes because they hate you, they make changes because they love us ALL
    • Up x 1
  18. planitsider

So what is so unbalanced about reverse??
  19. PS2Freak

i will not repeat myself. all was said. read above messages again.

For whole picture we have to wait till it all going live. then you will understand.
  20. Plasmaszap

They dont spend too much time on these forum since they know that 95% of forumside pop are retar d ed and will bi t ch about anything they can not counter without trying to find solution.

That being said we know atm that there are 2 broken thing ingame and 2 on test :

Ingame : 1.Striker ( lock-on mechanic is broken in general ) & 2.Flares

Test server : ESF update.
    1.The new guns are way to powerfull for there inteded use. Not to mention that Liberator will be absolute trash if these now weapon make there way 'as-is' on the the live server.
    2. Reverser manuvers nerf. There is now reason for the nerf. Noob crying about not being able to fly because people like rudelord, nate, ironfist, thunderhawk owning them while doing that manuvers. Air should not be an easy thing. There is a learning curve and people need to practice. period.

Hope that anwsers your question !

cheer